Author Topic: The Current War  (Read 555389 times)

Geronus

• Honourable King
  • Dum dee dum dee dum
    • View Profile
Re: The Current War
« Reply #930: July 17, 2012, 03:48:42 PM »
It's pretty lame. Not even an effort at creativity.

Hey, we call ourselves Vikings. At least we're true to form  :)

Don't yell at me though, Way of the Hammer predates me in BM. So do Atamara's Vikings.

Perth

• Honourable King
  • Current Character: Kemen
    • View Profile
« Reply #931: July 17, 2012, 05:37:58 PM »
Hey, we call ourselves Vikings. At least we're true to form  :)

Don't yell at me though, Way of the Hammer predates me in BM. So do Atamara's Vikings.

Oh yeah, way predates me too. I'm sure it was long before the more recent pushes for creativity and to avoid real-world copies, etc.
"A tale is but half told when only one person tells it." - The Saga of Grettir the Strong
- Current: Kemen (D'hara) - Past: Kerwin (Eston), Kale (Phantaria, Terran, Melodia)

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #932: July 17, 2012, 09:04:02 PM »
Mmmm... lvl 2 fortifications. Gotta love them high walls.

FWIW - This is why I *always* carry one siege engine when marching to war.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

GoldPanda

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #933: July 19, 2012, 06:23:53 AM »
Can I whine for a second? I believe I've earned it.

Barad Gardor wouldn't have been overran if:
  • The double-tax bug did not give Minas Ithil and Hammarsett 2x gold to recruit huge armies while we were looting near their capitals.
  • The starvation bug did not wipe out an entire Cagilan task force of two armies at Elost.
  • The travel bug did not increase travel times in Hammarsett to absurd levels, preventing many nobles from retreating at all, which caused way too many nobles to be captured.

So before I hear any more gloating, stop writing so many bugs, Devs.

</whine>

Maybe the BattleMaster Dev team should start doing code reviews.
------
qui audet vincit

Lanyon

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #934: July 19, 2012, 06:37:09 AM »
Well i know atleast minas ithil's army suffered from starvation and having been at half strength from a battle BEFORE even Barad Gardor.

Uzamaki

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #935: July 19, 2012, 06:37:35 AM »
Can I whine for a second? I believe I've earned it.

Barad Gardor wouldn't have been overran if:
  • The double-tax bug did not give Minas Ithil and Hammarsett 2x gold to recruit huge armies while we were looting near their capitals.
  • The starvation bug did not wipe out an entire Cagilan task force of two armies at Elost.
  • The travel bug did not increase travel times in Hammarsett to absurd levels, preventing many nobles from retreating at all, which caused way too many nobles to be captured.

So before I hear any more gloating, stop writing so many bugs, Devs.

</whine>

Maybe the BattleMaster Dev team should start doing code reviews.

Hammarsett had around 4-5K, MI had about 5-6K. What huge armies are you talking about?

And pretty much all of Hammarsett's/rogue regions are suffering from starvation. We had our fair share of casualties from that too.

Dante Silverfire

• Mighty Duke
  • Merlin (AT), Brom(DWI), Proslyn(DWI)
    • View Profile
« Reply #936: July 19, 2012, 06:38:02 AM »
What are y'all complaining about? Coria is the one sick with bad ally syndrome!
"This is the face of the man who has worked long and hard for the good of the people without caring much for any of them."

Sypher

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #937: July 19, 2012, 06:39:45 AM »

Well you could change sides. We have pancakes.

Uzamaki

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #938: July 19, 2012, 06:45:30 AM »

MI and Hammarsett try to bash each others brains out every other day. BoM has 8K economic strength that they don't know how to use. Eston won't let us attack Coria through Anost, but will bring in Talerium as an enemy on the Eastern front, which forces Darka to march several days to get to the only front available to them.

You were saying?

skiarxon@gmail.com

« Reply #939: July 19, 2012, 08:38:34 AM »
MI and Hammarsett try to bash each others brains out every other day. BoM has 8K economic strength that they don't know how to use. Eston won't let us attack Coria through Anost, but will bring in Talerium as an enemy on the Eastern front, which forces Darka to march several days to get to the only front available to them.

You were saying?

This is his excuse for letting his city get owned so hard.

GoldPanda

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #940: July 19, 2012, 10:51:04 AM »
Hammarsett had around 4-5K, MI had about 5-6K. What huge armies are you talking about?

That's what you have after you've beaten back our forces and marched through the starving regions and overran the level five city walls with 9k CS of militia behind them. Minas Ithil had 12k originally. Hammarsett had 7k originally. That's about 1.5x bigger than what you normally field, which makes sense, since you had 2x gold and diminishing returns kicks in when all of your nobles start fielding 50+ troops.

To be fair, Tara has been fielding 20k CS lately. That's not shabby. They have more nobles now and it shows.
------
qui audet vincit

Ketchum

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #941: July 19, 2012, 12:04:53 PM »
Finally another epic huge battle ;D

Huge Battle Fought   (5 hours, 46 minutes ago)

Rumours spread and tales are sung about a huge battle in Cantril:
Barony of Makar, Eston vs. Cagilan Empire, Talerium
Estimated strengths: 2000 men vs. 1500 men
The Hand of the Citadel (Eston), sponsored by Kealan Emarama, Duke of Hawthorne, Margrave of Hawthorne, were led into battle by Marshal Randor Anduin Hortgarh.
The Army of Thorns (Eston), sponsored by Athena Leather, Royal Justiciar of Eston, Duchess of Barad Lacirith, Margravine of Barad Lacirith, Marshal of the "Royal Judicial Corp, were led into battle by Marshal Vasilios Komnenus.
The Est Sularus oth Mithas (Cagilan Empire), sponsored by Milan Prestongreen, Duke of Cagil, Margrave of Cagil, Ambassador of Cagilan Empire, were led into battle by Marshal Charles Elegant.
The Eaglin Eagles (Cagilan Empire), sponsored by Archymond Paxwax, Duke of Eaglin, Margrave of Eaglin, Marshal of the Lightning Griffins, were led into battle by Marshal Virgo Blue Star.
The Makarian Horde (Barony of Makar), sponsored by Ender Neill, Executor of Barony of Makar, Duke of Makar, Margrave of Makar, were led into battle by Vice-Marshal Thorild Brynjulvsdottir Galle.
Jason Elegant, Prime Minister of Cagilan Empire is spotted wielding the Swift Scythe of Hidale.
Mighty Toff, Viscount of Woodglen is spotted wearing the Ucdauh's Jacket of the Foolish.
Vasilios Komnenus, Count of Loratil, Marshal of the Army of Thorns is spotted wielding the Ornate Staff.
Jason Elegant of Cagilan Empire, Prime Minister of Cagilan Empire was captured by Christofer II Kane's unit.
Ulrich Gray of Cagilan Empire, Earl of Hidale was captured by Amphictyon Archeanis's unit.

Defender Victory!
Werewolf Games: Villager (6) Wolf (4) Seer (3); Lynched as Villager(1). Lost as Villager(1), Lost as Wolf(1) due to Parity. Hunted as Villager(1). Lynched as Seer(2).
Won as Villager(3). Won as Seer(1). Won as Wolf(3).
BM Characters: East Continent(Brock), Colonies(Ash), Dwilight(Gary)

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #942: July 19, 2012, 02:49:44 PM »
Coria had double gold, too. And a duke in residence. And plenty of warning that the attack was coming, since it was a two-turn move. We won the battle quite easily. A couple thousand less CS probably wouldn't have mattered.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Geronus

• Honourable King
  • Dum dee dum dee dum
    • View Profile
« Reply #943: July 19, 2012, 03:39:05 PM »
That's what you have after you've beaten back our forces and marched through the starving regions and overran the level five city walls with 9k CS of militia behind them. Minas Ithil had 12k originally. Hammarsett had 7k originally. That's about 1.5x bigger than what you normally field, which makes sense, since you had 2x gold and diminishing returns kicks in when all of your nobles start fielding 50+ troops.

To be fair, Tara has been fielding 20k CS lately. That's not shabby. They have more nobles now and it shows.

That's more than MI usually brings to the party, but Hammarsett's always been able to manage 8k or so if given a couple weeks without a huge battle. Which we have had. Where the heck is Tara, anyway? Shouldn't they be showing up to rain on our parade right about now?

Uzamaki

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #944: July 19, 2012, 05:13:00 PM »
That's more than MI usually brings to the party, but Hammarsett's always been able to manage 8k or so if given a couple weeks without a huge battle. Which we have had. Where the heck is Tara, anyway? Shouldn't they be showing up to rain on our parade right about now?

MI had been suffering from woundings and inactivity in their military hierarchy the past couple campaigns, so their armies have been smaller and less coordinated. They should be able to field 10K if you ask me, but I'll settle for a solid, active 7.5K if they have that to bring.