Author Topic: The Current War  (Read 555659 times)

Azerax

• BM Dev Team
  • Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
Re: The Current War
« Reply #1035: August 07, 2012, 02:51:41 AM »
How about we all just go home and chalk this up to a misunderstanding?

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1036: August 07, 2012, 04:19:30 AM »
What, the forum discussion or the war?
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Velax

• Honourable King
  • House de Vere
    • View Profile
« Reply #1037: August 07, 2012, 07:21:37 AM »
Man, you Darkans got off lightly. The poor cavalry couldn't get into melee for almost the entire battle. A 600-man cavalry charge would have ended that battle a few turns earlier.

Lady De La Coeur

« Reply #1038: August 07, 2012, 10:51:18 AM »
Yawn

Forbes Family

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #1039: August 07, 2012, 02:36:41 PM »
Man, you Darkans got off lightly. The poor cavalry couldn't get into melee for almost the entire battle. A 600-man cavalry charge would have ended that battle a few turns earlier.

Yep cavalry = cannon fodder (arrow fodder)
Forbes Family

Ketchum

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #1040: August 08, 2012, 06:50:26 AM »
Impressive battles :D

Huge Battle Fought   (12 hours, 12 minutes ago)

Rumours spread and tales are sung about a huge battle in Ambermel:
Caergoth, Carelia vs. Suville
Estimated strengths: 1520 men vs. 1470 men
The Hammers of Carelia (Carelia), sponsored by Karandras Ulthran, Judge of Carelia, Duchess of Sullenport, Margravine of Sullenport, were led into battle by Marshal Richard Leonecoeur Silver.
The Royal Army of Caergoth (Caergoth), sponsored by Sir Macrinus Sciurus, Grand Field Marshal of Caergoth, Duke of Ash'rily, Margrave of Ash'rily, were led into battle by Marshal Aidan Modane.
The Army of Narville (Suville), sponsored by Caibre Eldrake, King of Suville, were led into battle by Marshal Proximus Centauri.
The Army of Riverholm (Suville), sponsored by Kindel Baranof, Duke of Riverholm, Margrave of Riverholm, Ambassador of Suville, were led into battle by Vice-Marshal Cassidy Graves.
John derik (Knight of Bolgar) is spotted wearing the Elemental Gauntlets of the Maiden.
Eoin Gabhann, Treasurer of Carelia is spotted wearing the Circlet of Warding.
Ranulf Flambard, Count of Glassinn is spotted wearing the Mysterious Helm of the Kings.
Jostein Schancke of Caergoth (Knight of Yacon, Caergoth) was captured by Ronan O'Faolain's unit.
Rojer Lyon of Carelia (Lord of Carelia) was captured by Joscelin de Courtenay's unit.

Defender Victory!
=====

Huge Battle Fought   (17 minutes ago)

Rumours spread and tales are sung about a huge battle in Ambermel:
Caergoth, Carelia vs. Suville
Estimated strengths: 1140 men vs. 840 men
The Hammers of Carelia (Carelia), sponsored by Karandras Ulthran, Judge of Carelia, Duchess of Sullenport, Margravine of Sullenport, were led into battle by Marshal Richard Leonecoeur Silver.
The Royal Army of Caergoth (Caergoth), sponsored by Sir Macrinus Sciurus, Grand Field Marshal of Caergoth, Duke of Ash'rily, Margrave of Ash'rily, were led into battle by Marshal Aidan Modane.
The Army of Riverholm (Suville), sponsored by Kindel Baranof, Duke of Riverholm, Margrave of Riverholm, Ambassador of Suville, were led into battle by Vice-Marshal Cassidy Graves.
The Army of Narville (Suville), sponsored by Caibre Eldrake, King of Suville, were led into battle by Marshal Proximus Centauri.
Trager Maximoff, Margrave of Dampinn is spotted wearing the Blessed Vest from the North.
John derik (Knight of Bolgar) is spotted wearing the Elemental Gauntlets of the Maiden.
Ulf Kelperhurst of Carelia (Lord of Carelia) was captured by Dakmar Darksun's unit.
Hallvar Schancke of Carelia, Count of Bolgar was captured by Jayden Lacoste Archbane's unit.
Galdar Borgia of Suville (Knight of Dampinn, Suville) was captured by Talius Sargeras Valorian's unit.
Vorg Vorgon of Carelia (Lord of Carelia) was seriously wounded by Dakmar Darksun's unit.

Defender Victory!
Werewolf Games: Villager (6) Wolf (4) Seer (3); Lynched as Villager(1). Lost as Villager(1), Lost as Wolf(1) due to Parity. Hunted as Villager(1). Lynched as Seer(2).
Won as Villager(3). Won as Seer(1). Won as Wolf(3).
BM Characters: East Continent(Brock), Colonies(Ash), Dwilight(Gary)

de Aquitane

• Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #1041: August 08, 2012, 08:34:40 AM »
Interesting battles. Partly because it was likely the "last hurrah" of Carelia, but also because it was two very different armies clashing against each others, archers vs infantry.

Live and learn, eh? :P

Eirikr

« Reply #1042: August 10, 2012, 10:35:17 AM »
Planet of Peasants

Man's got a point.

OFaolain

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #1043: August 10, 2012, 10:46:43 AM »
There were Caergoth troops?  Go figure.  As for me, I'm rather enjoying relentlessly stating that Suville is in the right and that the whole war with Carelia is all their fault anyway.  Maybe eventually I'll even get someone to believe me (though not likely a Carelian :P).
MacGeil Family: Cathan (Corsanctum)
Formerly the O'Faolain, then Nisbet families

Dante Silverfire

• Mighty Duke
  • Merlin (AT), Brom(DWI), Proslyn(DWI)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1044: August 10, 2012, 12:57:24 PM »
There were Caergoth troops?  Go figure.  As for me, I'm rather enjoying relentlessly stating that Suville is in the right and that the whole war with Carelia is all their fault anyway.  Maybe eventually I'll even get someone to believe me (though not likely a Carelian :P).

I believe you! We're doing the same thing with Hammarsett.

(Will you send troops to help us with that when you're done with this now?)
"This is the face of the man who has worked long and hard for the good of the people without caring much for any of them."

Geronus

• Honourable King
  • Dum dee dum dee dum
    • View Profile
« Reply #1045: August 10, 2012, 04:53:19 PM »
I believe you! We're doing the same thing with Hammarsett.

(Will you send troops to help us with that when you're done with this now?)

The difference is that you don't really have to exaggerate much.

Ketchum

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #1046: August 13, 2012, 11:13:59 AM »
Hammarsett got 2 regions TO by Tara recently. MI try to help but its advance scout I believe, got routed in defeat.
BoM elect new Dictator as its Ruler. Any impact?

Takeover   (2 days, 17 hours ago)
message to Everyone on Atamara

Tara has taken control of Lothruin. The region used to belong to Hammarsett.

Takeover   (4 hours, 50 minutes ago)

Tara has taken control of Lyton. The region used to belong to Hammarsett.

New Ruler Elected   (4 hours, 50 minutes ago)

The realm of Barony of Makar has elected Sordnaz Dagger as its new Dictator.
Werewolf Games: Villager (6) Wolf (4) Seer (3); Lynched as Villager(1). Lost as Villager(1), Lost as Wolf(1) due to Parity. Hunted as Villager(1). Lynched as Seer(2).
Won as Villager(3). Won as Seer(1). Won as Wolf(3).
BM Characters: East Continent(Brock), Colonies(Ash), Dwilight(Gary)

Geronus

• Honourable King
  • Dum dee dum dee dum
    • View Profile
« Reply #1047: August 13, 2012, 01:47:15 PM »
Yeah, Sordnaz isn't new at all. He probably lost his position by getting wounded for a really long time or something of that nature. He is, after all, incredibly old. As for Tara TOing our regions, it's definitely a new wrinkle... Not sure why it's them instead of Coria this time. Could just be that they're the ones in the field at the moment.

Zadar

• Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #1048: August 13, 2012, 03:18:40 PM »
Yeah, Sordnaz isn't new at all. He probably lost his position by getting wounded for a really long time or something of that nature. He is, after all, incredibly old. As for Tara TOing our regions, it's definitely a new wrinkle... Not sure why it's them instead of Coria this time. Could just be that they're the ones in the field at the moment.

No, we just played with dices and we won. Next time Lady Fortuna might choose another realm.
A plan without a goal, is just a wish .

Ehndras

• Mighty Duke
  • Voidwalker~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1049: August 13, 2012, 10:33:51 PM »
Wrong Thread, Derp. Ignore next post too.

I think? Man, I'm so confused!
« Last Edit: August 13, 2012, 10:37:40 PM by Ehndras »
Old (Deleted) Aurea family= Alura (Ruler/Marshal-Terran); Alekhthaeos (Arcaea); Ehndras (Riombara); Vvaros (Arcaea); Magnus (Xerarch-Xavax); Alekhsandr (Marshal/Hero-Fissoa); Decimus (Warrior-Sandalak); Khets'aeïn(Assassin-Riombara)

This account is no longer in use. New account vaguely under wraps.