Author Topic: The Current War  (Read 555281 times)

Ehndras

• Mighty Duke
  • Voidwalker~
    • View Profile
Re: The Current War
« Reply #1050: August 13, 2012, 10:36:38 PM »
Legend has it that St Catherine of Alexandria was sentenced to be executed on one of these devices, which thereafter became known as the Catherine wheel, also used as an iconographic attribute. The wheel miraculously broke when she touched it; she was then beheaded.

"Its a miracle! God has willed that she must live!"

LOLNOPE.
Old (Deleted) Aurea family= Alura (Ruler/Marshal-Terran); Alekhthaeos (Arcaea); Ehndras (Riombara); Vvaros (Arcaea); Magnus (Xerarch-Xavax); Alekhsandr (Marshal/Hero-Fissoa); Decimus (Warrior-Sandalak); Khets'aeïn(Assassin-Riombara)

This account is no longer in use. New account vaguely under wraps.

Uzamaki

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #1051: August 14, 2012, 09:28:19 PM »
Sasuke just proposed a peace treaty to the Order of the Raven. Probably won't work, but it's worth a shot!  ;D

Eirikr

« Reply #1052: August 16, 2012, 10:10:59 AM »
Good luck... Have I ever mentioned how hard it is to light a fire on Atamara? It's always raining diplomacy and alliances.

Oh, and ruler inactivity/silence.  ;D

Geronus

• Honourable King
  • Dum dee dum dee dum
    • View Profile
« Reply #1053: August 16, 2012, 03:45:41 PM »
That's why we need to spark a massive, island-wide revolution and throw out all those old fogies. Viva la revolucion!

Ehndras

• Mighty Duke
  • Voidwalker~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1054: August 17, 2012, 07:14:35 AM »
I don't play on Ata anymore but I second that. Continent-wide revolution! Viva!
Old (Deleted) Aurea family= Alura (Ruler/Marshal-Terran); Alekhthaeos (Arcaea); Ehndras (Riombara); Vvaros (Arcaea); Magnus (Xerarch-Xavax); Alekhsandr (Marshal/Hero-Fissoa); Decimus (Warrior-Sandalak); Khets'aeïn(Assassin-Riombara)

This account is no longer in use. New account vaguely under wraps.

GoldPanda

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #1055: August 17, 2012, 07:56:40 AM »
That's why we need to spark a massive, island-wide revolution and throw out all those old fogies. Viva la revolucion!

You are one of the old fogies.  >:(
------
qui audet vincit

Geronus

• Honourable King
  • Dum dee dum dee dum
    • View Profile
« Reply #1056: August 17, 2012, 01:47:54 PM »
You are one of the old fogies.  >:(

Eh? I didn't even start playing until 2008. And at the time I left Atamara shortly after starting there, because I thought it sucked. I didn't try again and create Laszlo until 2009. That makes me practically a neophyte compared to half the people running Atamara these days.

The average starting year of the current rulers of Atamara is 2005. I rest my case.

Ross

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #1057: August 17, 2012, 03:12:12 PM »
Eh? I didn't even start playing until 2008. And at the time I left Atamara shortly after starting there, because I thought it sucked. I didn't try again and create Laszlo until 2009. That makes me practically a neophyte compared to half the people running Atamara these days.

The average starting year of the current rulers of Atamara is 2005. I rest my case.

so you are a not so old fogy. :P
Atamara:    Dwilight:

Foundation

• Honourable King
  • Okay... you got me
    • View Profile
    • White Halmos
« Reply #1058: August 17, 2012, 03:27:30 PM »
So... old...
The above is accurate 25% of the time, truthful 50% of the time, and facetious 100% of the time.

Perth

• Honourable King
  • Current Character: Kemen
    • View Profile
« Reply #1059: August 17, 2012, 03:28:04 PM »
I joined the game in 2008, and have only been ruler since 2010 I think.

Nevertheless, ruling for multiple years still probably makes us fogies I think. Just not on par with the likes of Sordnaz or Aldarion. Now those guys are old.
"A tale is but half told when only one person tells it." - The Saga of Grettir the Strong
- Current: Kemen (D'hara) - Past: Kerwin (Eston), Kale (Phantaria, Terran, Melodia)

Geronus

• Honourable King
  • Dum dee dum dee dum
    • View Profile
« Reply #1060: August 17, 2012, 04:08:44 PM »
so you are a not so old fogy. :P

Exactly!  :D

Also, I didn't rule on AT for very long. I was (reluctantly) the King of Hammarsett for about six months. I didn't enjoy it very much. It's hard to quantify, but there was a pervasive sense that the island has this enormously powerful momentum to it. It's been hurtling along with the same basic structure and relationships for so many years that no matter how many bright ideas you have or how dramatically you try to shake things up (see: the current war), nothing really changes at a fundamental level. That's why I vote that we explode the whole thing and start over.  8)

Ketchum

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #1061: August 17, 2012, 05:42:41 PM »
Wish I can join and make this war interesting ::)

Unfortunately my adventurer Oak accidentally insult a Noble and not going to rise up become Noble anytime soon. Add to this, he is critically wounded and may die anytime today :(
Werewolf Games: Villager (6) Wolf (4) Seer (3); Lynched as Villager(1). Lost as Villager(1), Lost as Wolf(1) due to Parity. Hunted as Villager(1). Lynched as Seer(2).
Won as Villager(3). Won as Seer(1). Won as Wolf(3).
BM Characters: East Continent(Brock), Colonies(Ash), Dwilight(Gary)

Dante Silverfire

• Mighty Duke
  • Merlin (AT), Brom(DWI), Proslyn(DWI)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1062: August 17, 2012, 06:02:05 PM »
Exactly!  :D

Also, I didn't rule on AT for very long. I was (reluctantly) the King of Hammarsett for about six months. I didn't enjoy it very much. It's hard to quantify, but there was a pervasive sense that the island has this enormously powerful momentum to it. It's been hurtling along with the same basic structure and relationships for so many years that no matter how many bright ideas you have or how dramatically you try to shake things up (see: the current war), nothing really changes at a fundamental level. That's why I vote that we explode the whole thing and start over.  8)

I'll give you a hint of what you did wrong. You tried to change things up while still retaining power. It is a lot easier to change things up if you don't try to hold on to any power. Plus brute force is not going to work. Change on atamara is slow but the only way to actually successfully change it is to work slowly. Hammarsett's method was fast and direct. Mine isn't. Mainly because hammarsett is still kicking. If ppl want change they'll let hammarsett die. Coincidentally that makes me more powerful but you can ignore that part. :)
"This is the face of the man who has worked long and hard for the good of the people without caring much for any of them."

Geronus

• Honourable King
  • Dum dee dum dee dum
    • View Profile
« Reply #1063: August 17, 2012, 06:16:39 PM »
I'll give you a hint of what you did wrong. You tried to change things up while still retaining power. It is a lot easier to change things up if you don't try to hold on to any power. Plus brute force is not going to work. Change on atamara is slow but the only way to actually successfully change it is to work slowly. Hammarsett's method was fast and direct. Mine isn't. Mainly because hammarsett is still kicking. If ppl want change they'll let hammarsett die. Coincidentally that makes me more powerful but you can ignore that part. :)

Well, I don't know about wanting to hold onto power... It's not like I wanted the throne in the first place. But certainly you can still effect change even when you're not a Ruler, I won't deny that.

As for Hammarsett, change is coming soon probably. We're discussing what we want to do now, in fact.

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1064: August 17, 2012, 06:24:06 PM »
" Add to this, he is critically wounded and may die anytime today"

Critically wounded people will not die from their wounds. No matter what people tell you, or how you interpret things, one fact remains in thee current system: if you don't die *instantly*, you will *not* die from it.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.