Author Topic: The Current War  (Read 553175 times)

Dante Silverfire

• Mighty Duke
  • Merlin (AT), Brom(DWI), Proslyn(DWI)
    • View Profile
Re: The Current War
« Reply #1110: August 19, 2012, 10:52:16 AM »
Ah, i have had a busy week, been on vacation and shoveled poop like there would be no tomorrow... but tomorrow comes and back to work.

Soo, reason why this is not time to sell out friends is... we are going very short on friends here at NA.

Every time when coalition member does its own magic on diplomatic front, it causes drama and trouble. Coalition and alliance means that we fight together, we win together, we lose together and most of all... we negotiate together.

Y'all don't negotiate. You do fight together though.

I'd like to rephrase this last line to read this though: "We're like any typical large government, no matter what we say, in the end we never get anything done."
"This is the face of the man who has worked long and hard for the good of the people without caring much for any of them."

Bael

• Mighty Duke
  • Have sword, will travel!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1111: August 19, 2012, 01:32:35 PM »
I'm wooooooooorking on it. Let's just say it's not Eston, Coria, or even Hammarsett that is slowing down things.

Hell, if Darka just didn't do anything for two weeks, Hammarsett would roll over and die, Minas Ithil would hide in their capital and the Barony would just walk through Eston and Talerium to go attempt to loot CE.

Added in the two missing words. Reads more realistically already ;)

Darksun

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
    • Bucksplace
« Reply #1112: August 19, 2012, 05:36:56 PM »
C'mon, let's just have Darka switch sides then Tara can go beat up Suville.

Penchant

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #1113: August 19, 2012, 05:39:51 PM »
I am surprised to hear that from a Suvillian though you do also have a Taran character. Regardless I support the idea.
“The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him.”
― G.K. Chesterton

Geronus

• Honourable King
  • Dum dee dum dee dum
    • View Profile
« Reply #1114: August 19, 2012, 05:46:59 PM »

At this point, I'd be happy to see that happen. If losing this war is the price of ending it, I will gladly pay up. I'm deathly bored with the whole thing. Eston and Darka should have a contest to see who can turn coat faster, and the rest of the Northern Alliance should just drop dead. It's over and we're not going to win unless something dramatic happens to break up the other side's alliances. If it doesn't, the best we can hope for is for this stalemate to go on forever and frankly that sounds like some sort of Battlemaster hell.

Bael

• Mighty Duke
  • Have sword, will travel!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1115: August 19, 2012, 06:01:02 PM »
At this point, I'd be happy to see that happen. If losing this war is the price of ending it, I will gladly pay up. I'm deathly bored with the whole thing. Eston and Darka should have a contest to see who can turn coat faster, and the rest of the Northern Alliance should just drop dead. It's over and we're not going to win unless something dramatic happens to break up the other side's alliances. If it doesn't, the best we can hope for is for this stalemate to go on forever and frankly that sounds like some sort of Battlemaster hell.

Sitting in Cantril picking his nose - yep, sure sounds like a good time for my character! Now just to get back to that RP that I was writing... (on second thoughts, I'm going away for a week...  ???)

Uzamaki

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #1116: August 19, 2012, 07:00:04 PM »

There has been talk of big changes in the Order of the Raven. Can't say more other than that.

Blue Star

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #1117: August 19, 2012, 07:25:09 PM »
Meh...

Darka will not be a mercenary realm again, that sadly obvious. Yet, biggest risk they took was war on CE ^_^. I find that interesting, it was on the minds of Darkan's for a long time. Then when they go I come back and decide to try the life on the other side, Ha.

I miss 7UP and the rps back then.

On another note... Diplomacy confusing when's the damion invasion coming?
I think like a sinner. Curse like a sailor. Smile like a saint. :)

Uzamaki

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #1118: August 19, 2012, 08:12:54 PM »
Meh...

Darka will not be a mercenary realm again, that sadly obvious. Yet, biggest risk they took was war on CE ^_^. I find that interesting, it was on the minds of Darkan's for a long time. Then when they go I come back and decide to try the life on the other side, Ha.

They can be a mercenary realm again, but not under KK, I think. KK would have to switch stances to make sure we can be mercenary again, and then a new King/Queen dedicated to the mercenary tradition of Darka would have to arise after that, and make that clear to everyone...

Dante Silverfire

• Mighty Duke
  • Merlin (AT), Brom(DWI), Proslyn(DWI)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1119: August 19, 2012, 08:15:35 PM »

If you want that to happen you can have it happen over night if you just send a three word letter (from your Ruler) to all of your fellow Northern Alliance members: "Accept the proposal". They'll understand.

"This is the face of the man who has worked long and hard for the good of the people without caring much for any of them."

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1120: August 19, 2012, 08:19:36 PM »
Darka will not be a mercenary realm again
Not until after some peace agreement is reached to end the current set of wars. Or something monumental happens to change the entire political landscape of the island.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Uzamaki

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #1121: August 19, 2012, 08:32:34 PM »
If you want that to happen you can have it happen over night if you just send a three word letter (from your Ruler) to all of your fellow Northern Alliance members: "Accept the proposal". They'll understand.

Wish they would already...

jaune

• Mighty Duke
  • Suck my socks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1122: August 19, 2012, 08:58:01 PM »

Maybby you should send that to your own ruler, he understands. I made him counter proposal and he declined it short handedly.
~Violence is always an option!~

Uzamaki

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #1123: August 19, 2012, 08:59:48 PM »
I sent a peace proposal to the Order of the Raven. At least Hammarsett liked it...  :P

de Aquitane

• Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #1124: August 19, 2012, 09:17:37 PM »
I love this war. :D Through the whole trying to run around the Cagilan farmlands and running headfirst to the walls of Nida and Skalk to seeing the population of the Carelian regions at practically 20% of what it could be. It's been very exciting to be fighting for Carelia.
Then again our battlefields have always been rather close, and right now it's next to our capital, so there's very little marching back and forth. Also, it's always lovely when others take the position of the "bad guy" and we can run these pompous "we are so honorable in our struggle against the evil southern backstabbers" and "my horse is amazing"-roleplays.