Author Topic: The Current War  (Read 555834 times)

Blue Star

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
Re: The Current War
« Reply #1125: August 19, 2012, 10:00:44 PM »
They can be a mercenary realm again, but not under KK, I think. KK would have to switch stances to make sure we can be mercenary again, and then a new King/Queen dedicated to the mercenary tradition of Darka would have to arise after that, and make that clear to everyone...

I think without KK Darka's mercenary days would of ended a long time ago. Perhaps to in fighting or it would of went out in a blaze of glory. That would be a fun ride.

Is Hammersett destroyed yet? The South has a giant last I heard maybe they will make things a little bit interesting if they ever manage to throw some of that weight around they have acquired.

This political shift you speak of would be interesting if it happens just like that damion invasion im still waiting for
I think like a sinner. Curse like a sailor. Smile like a saint. :)

Uzamaki

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #1126: August 19, 2012, 10:30:11 PM »
This political shift you speak of would be interesting if it happens just like that damion invasion im still waiting for

Bah. If I wanted a daimon invasion I would move back to Belu.

Lorgan

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #1127: August 19, 2012, 11:10:35 PM »
Sorry. We killed them all already..

Uzamaki

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #1128: August 20, 2012, 12:03:28 AM »
Sorry. We killed them all already..

For now. They tend to pop in from time to time. Like a mother-in-law that comes to your house and !@#$s stuff up.

Lorgan

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #1129: August 20, 2012, 12:13:37 AM »
Nah, actually, now it's just undead and monster spawning scrolls that hang over the continent like a couple dozen nuclear deterrents. Afaik, there won't be a new "real" invasion.

Still, this is going to be interesting. We've already had one of our nobles killed in a debate over the ethics of using those scrolls in Thalmarkin. :)

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1130: August 20, 2012, 01:04:44 AM »
I can't wait til people start using them.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Uzamaki

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #1131: August 20, 2012, 01:11:41 AM »
Nah, actually, now it's just undead and monster spawning scrolls that hang over the continent like a couple dozen nuclear deterrents. Afaik, there won't be a new "real" invasion.

Still, this is going to be interesting. We've already had one of our nobles killed in a debate over the ethics of using those scrolls in Thalmarkin. :)

From what I heard, no mod-controlled invasions. Tom may get angry one day and drop 250K Daimons on Belu just for kicks and giggles.

Yeah. Can't believe he got killed by someone with 10% swordfighting...

Lorgan

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #1132: August 20, 2012, 01:18:40 AM »
From what I heard, no mod-controlled invasions. Tom may get angry one day and drop 250K Daimons on Belu just for kicks and giggles.

Yeah. Can't believe he got killed by someone with 10% swordfighting...

10% swordfighting and 90% craziness. :P

I can't wait til people start using them.

Same. :)
I've got one but I don't intend on using it just yet... Everyone probably feels that way at the moment but one day, it'll explode. :)

LilWolf

• Noble Lord
  • The Vasata Family
    • View Profile
« Reply #1133: August 20, 2012, 01:25:37 AM »
Please stay on topic. The thread is already long enough without getting cluttered with stuff about other islands.
Join us on IRC #battlemaster@QuakeNet
Read about the fantasy stories I'm writing.

Dante Silverfire

• Mighty Duke
  • Merlin (AT), Brom(DWI), Proslyn(DWI)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1134: August 20, 2012, 02:05:06 AM »
In the interest of getting back on topic I flipped back to the first page to look at some of our predictions. Let's see how they did.

Prediction:  The war will continue, and Darka will help one side, and that side will win their conflict.  The rest of the war will just be a (much needed) drain of gold and resources and not result in any real change.

Pretty accurate "not result in any real change" except Darka's side isn't winning.

Prediction: Carelia to be double-crossed by Caergoth and Suville when the war either drags on too long or Carelia starts losing. Would place money on it.

Almost 100% correct.

Prediction:
The Caligan Empire will be threatened with destruction and every realm fighting them will have 100 undead spawn in every region.

So far from the truth I'm saddened.

Prediction: It's going to be a glorious, bloody mess and whichever side ends up winning is going to start fighting over the spoils in short order, possibly soon enough to let the losing side come back.

Glorious is so far from what has happened... :(
"This is the face of the man who has worked long and hard for the good of the people without caring much for any of them."

GoldPanda

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #1135: August 20, 2012, 02:20:08 AM »
the best we can hope for is for this stalemate to go on forever and frankly that sounds like some sort of Battlemaster hell.

*looks at Minas Ithil*

Right. "Stalemate".
------
qui audet vincit

Penchant

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #1136: August 20, 2012, 03:38:20 AM »
Almost 100% correct.

That would be more like 50% correct because only Suville betrayed Carelia, Caergoth went to crap and couldn't help for awhile but now its helping Carelia again.
“The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him.”
― G.K. Chesterton

Uzamaki

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #1137: August 20, 2012, 03:40:30 AM »
That would be more like 50% correct because only Suville betrayed Carelia, Caergoth went to crap and couldn't help for awhile but now its helping Carelia again.

Well, they got the time period right though too.

Penchant

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #1138: August 20, 2012, 03:57:44 AM »
Well, they got the time period right though too.
So how about they were 75% right?
“The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him.”
― G.K. Chesterton

Geronus

• Honourable King
  • Dum dee dum dee dum
    • View Profile
« Reply #1139: August 20, 2012, 05:36:09 AM »
*looks at Minas Ithil*

Right. "Stalemate".

You disagree? Do go on. I'm curious about the view from the other side of the fence.