Author Topic: The Current War  (Read 555241 times)

Dante Silverfire

• Mighty Duke
  • Merlin (AT), Brom(DWI), Proslyn(DWI)
    • View Profile
Re: The Current War
« Reply #1155: August 21, 2012, 12:57:37 AM »
Silly Eston.

Silly Eston, Trix are for kids.

Nevertheless, I have been forced to acquiesce and I may have to withdraw my support for the treaty. 

What kind of weak King are you anyway?
"This is the face of the man who has worked long and hard for the good of the people without caring much for any of them."

Perth

• Honourable King
  • Current Character: Kemen
    • View Profile
« Reply #1156: August 21, 2012, 01:24:51 AM »
What kind of weak King are you anyway?

Pretty weak.

This war has been raging the whole time I've been King. I've never really had time to purge opponents or consolidate a lot of power. It sucks :/ Not to mention Eston has A LOT of entrenched old power. 3 of my 4 Dukes are characters in their 70s or 80s, and have been the Dukes of those cities (or other cities, or ex-Kings of Eston) since I've been in the realm in 2008. Seriously.
"A tale is but half told when only one person tells it." - The Saga of Grettir the Strong
- Current: Kemen (D'hara) - Past: Kerwin (Eston), Kale (Phantaria, Terran, Melodia)

Dante Silverfire

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #1157: August 21, 2012, 04:51:15 AM »
Pretty weak.

This war has been raging the whole time I've been King. I've never really had time to purge opponents or consolidate a lot of power. It sucks :/ Not to mention Eston has A LOT of entrenched old power. 3 of my 4 Dukes are characters in their 70s or 80s, and have been the Dukes of those cities (or other cities, or ex-Kings of Eston) since I've been in the realm in 2008. Seriously.

Hmm...may need to find myself a new lackey.
"This is the face of the man who has worked long and hard for the good of the people without caring much for any of them."

Geronus

• Honourable King
  • Dum dee dum dee dum
    • View Profile
« Reply #1158: August 21, 2012, 06:28:53 AM »
Nevertheless, I have been forced to acquiesce and I may have to withdraw my support for the treaty.

Or you could quietly find a way get it done anyway. There are a number of potentially subtle solutions to this problem.

Velax

• Honourable King
  • House de Vere
    • View Profile
« Reply #1159: August 21, 2012, 07:10:34 AM »
I'm not kidding. They are seriously upset with me about it and think I am "weak and conservative" for giving them away.

Still being relatively new to Atamara, can you tell me why holding these regions would be so ridiculous?

Perth

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #1160: August 21, 2012, 08:13:16 AM »
Still being relatively new to Atamara, can you tell me why holding these regions would be so ridiculous?

I just don't think the politics add up. I highly doubt Coria would be okay with it. I honestly think Coria would fight us for them. I mean why not, they've been fighting a war for two years now to gain them, and I don't realistically see how we could hope to defend the regions in far East while defending our borders in the far West. Just doesn't seem to add up; I guess a lot of people think I'm wrong though.
"A tale is but half told when only one person tells it." - The Saga of Grettir the Strong
- Current: Kemen (D'hara) - Past: Kerwin (Eston), Kale (Phantaria, Terran, Melodia)

Perth

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #1161: August 21, 2012, 08:13:41 AM »
Hmm...may need to find myself a new lackey.

B..but... can I still be your lover?

GoldPanda

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #1162: August 21, 2012, 08:26:57 AM »
I just don't think the politics add up. I highly doubt Coria would be okay with it. I honestly think Coria would fight us for them. I mean why not, they've been fighting a war for two years now to gain them, and I don't realistically see how we could hope to defend the regions in far East while defending our borders in the far West. Just doesn't seem to add up; I guess a lot of people think I'm wrong though.

Oh, yes, Eston should definitely try to defend those regions. You can afford to pull most of your knights out of Nazamroth for this. I promise not to take advantage of the situation. ;)

Aha! I knew it!
------
qui audet vincit

Perth

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #1163: August 21, 2012, 08:48:30 AM »
Oh, yes, Eston should definitely try to defend those regions. You can afford to pull most of your knights out of Nazamroth for this. I promise not to take advantage of the situation. ;)

Golly gee! Thanks!

Aha! I knew it!

YOU SAW NOTHING! NOTHING!

Velax

• Honourable King
  • House de Vere
    • View Profile
« Reply #1164: August 21, 2012, 09:00:35 AM »

If you wanna be his lover, you have to get with his friends.

jaune

• Mighty Duke
  • Suck my socks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1165: August 21, 2012, 09:16:42 AM »
Heh, i have solution for my dear Toyboy neighbour... Shake hand with Tallies and spank Corians... Show to your lover who is The Man on that relationship :P

-Jaune
~Violence is always an option!~

Eirikr

« Reply #1166: August 21, 2012, 10:02:04 AM »
If he spanks my General, I am finding a new General. I only want manly generals.

Unrelated: If a noble named himself "Specific", I would instantly promote him to General. That way, I could giggle every time I had to address him. "General Specific!"

Dante Silverfire

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #1167: August 21, 2012, 05:14:04 PM »
If he spanks my General, I am finding a new General. I only want manly generals.

Unrelated: If a noble named himself "Specific", I would instantly promote him to General. That way, I could giggle every time I had to address him. "General Specific!"

Replace me? Who would you replace me with?

Good luck with that one...lol

Ketchum

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #1168: August 22, 2012, 12:42:47 PM »
Look like war is coming to an end. Pretty soon one realm will end up dead these days 8)

Skirmish in Nemaha   (1 day, 6 hours ago)
Small forces from Minas Ithil attacked Nemaha, but were quickly surrounded by overwhelming defending units. Vastly outnumbered, the attackers surrendered and were all captured.

Takeover   (1 day, 6 hours ago)
message to Everyone on Atamara
Tara has taken control of Nemaha. The region used to belong to Minas Ithil.

Takeover   (1 day, 6 hours ago)
message to Everyone on Atamara
Suville has taken control of Lurgrod. The region used to belong to (rogue).
Werewolf Games: Villager (6) Wolf (4) Seer (3); Lynched as Villager(1). Lost as Villager(1), Lost as Wolf(1) due to Parity. Hunted as Villager(1). Lynched as Seer(2).
Won as Villager(3). Won as Seer(1). Won as Wolf(3).
BM Characters: East Continent(Brock), Colonies(Ash), Dwilight(Gary)

Dante Silverfire

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #1169: August 22, 2012, 05:29:13 PM »
Look like war is coming to an end. Pretty soon one realm will end up dead these days 8)

This war will never end until CE and Tara are the only two remaining realms!!!