Author Topic: The Current War  (Read 555241 times)

Geronus

• Honourable King
  • Dum dee dum dee dum
    • View Profile
Re: The Current War
« Reply #1185: August 23, 2012, 03:38:26 PM »
Carelia fighted with spirit against CE but it wasn't enough. They paid heavily and now another realm is figting against them. One of thei old allies. Because of this greediness Tara is aiding Carelia, we can't do much but atleast we are trying.

Now that's just not true at all. If you left us alone for a while, you could do a lot. Come on, it's not like Coria needs the help anymore... Go rain on someone else's parade for a while.  ;D

Eirikr

« Reply #1186: August 27, 2012, 12:28:19 AM »
Now that's just not true at all. If you left us alone for a while, you could do a lot. Come on, it's not like Coria needs the help anymore... Go rain on someone else's parade for a while.  ;D

Wait, I'm confused... Are you telling Darka to give up on Hammarsett or are you saying Coria's become strong enough to fight on our own?

I don't know Zadar IC... Sounds Darkan, though?

Can Hammarsett roll over and die now, please? I've got other things I want to do. :(

Bedwyr

• Mighty Duke
  • House Bedwyr
    • View Profile
« Reply #1187: August 27, 2012, 01:02:14 AM »
It was King Bartho (of Carelia) who commented about starting the war in an OOC fashion. This might have been the original war with Suville and Caergoth. It was long enough ago that Carelia has gone through 3 monarchs and as many duchies since then.

Yes, that was referring to the war with Suville and Caergoth.  It was one of the (many) reasons that when Leta took the throne that war ended in short order.  Player of Leta was pretty disgusted that it war arranged OOC.
"You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here!"

Geronus

• Honourable King
  • Dum dee dum dee dum
    • View Profile
« Reply #1188: August 27, 2012, 03:26:26 AM »
Wait, I'm confused... Are you telling Darka to give up on Hammarsett or are you saying Coria's become strong enough to fight on our own?

I don't know Zadar IC... Sounds Darkan, though?

Can Hammarsett roll over and die now, please? I've got other things I want to do. :(

Zadar plays the Perkeleet family I believe. You know, Ottar. If you want us to roll over, make a better offer. Your current offer isn't really all that enticing.

Uzamaki

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #1189: August 27, 2012, 03:42:07 AM »
Zadar plays the Perkeleet family I believe. You know, Ottar. If you want us to roll over, make a better offer. Your current offer isn't really all that enticing.

Will you roll over for cookies?

Dante Silverfire

• Mighty Duke
  • Merlin (AT), Brom(DWI), Proslyn(DWI)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1190: August 27, 2012, 04:45:50 AM »

Well Perth is being a ....well I'll leave that open ended.

Y'all can vote for a member of Hammarsett to take his spot in Coria's *cough* (Merlin's) *cough* lap? The person could even change once a month or something.

How's that?
"This is the face of the man who has worked long and hard for the good of the people without caring much for any of them."

Perth

• Honourable King
  • Current Character: Kemen
    • View Profile
« Reply #1191: August 27, 2012, 06:21:29 AM »

Y'all can vote for a member of Hammarsett to take his spot in Coria's *cough* (Merlin's) *cough* lap? The person could even change once a month or something.

How's that?

What have I done!?

It's your Consul who put the treaty on hold!
"A tale is but half told when only one person tells it." - The Saga of Grettir the Strong
- Current: Kemen (D'hara) - Past: Kerwin (Eston), Kale (Phantaria, Terran, Melodia)

Eirikr

« Reply #1192: August 27, 2012, 07:58:47 AM »

Oh, gotcha. Makes MUCH more sense now.

Now really, how enticing does an offer have to be for a realm with one city? You can't honestly expect after a two-year war that we're going to offer you all lordships around our lake with beach chairs and pina coladas. Hell, I'm Consul and I don't even get that! I don't even technically have land to myself... I've got the best house in Barad Falas, but that's it.

Wait... Would you do it for a Scooby Snack?

GoldPanda

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #1193: August 27, 2012, 08:27:53 AM »

How's that?

What have I done!?

Oh I just hate it when lovers fight.  :'(

I wonder how much pillow talk goes on between Merlin and Kerwin.
------
qui audet vincit

Dante Silverfire

• Mighty Duke
  • Merlin (AT), Brom(DWI), Proslyn(DWI)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1194: August 27, 2012, 10:04:02 AM »
What have I done!?

How about you give me Barad Lacirith to make it even? I'm only Duke of two cities right now and I'm looking to expand.

Hell, I'm Consul and I don't even get that! I don't even technically have land to myself... I've got the best house in Barad Falas, but that's it.

I guess you're right. Definitely the best house. I've got the best palace though. :D

I wonder if CE is really paying Darka a contract this entire war to "fight" CE, but really have Hammarsett slowly die and allow Enri to have fun playing at General. I mean if it wasn't for Darka, the war would have ended way too quickly. But Generals love stalemates...they get to retain power longer.

"This is the face of the man who has worked long and hard for the good of the people without caring much for any of them."

Perth

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #1195: August 27, 2012, 11:04:39 AM »

Merlin used to talk to Kerwin all the time. Now he doesn't.  :'(
"A tale is but half told when only one person tells it." - The Saga of Grettir the Strong
- Current: Kemen (D'hara) - Past: Kerwin (Eston), Kale (Phantaria, Terran, Melodia)

jaune

• Mighty Duke
  • Suck my socks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1196: August 27, 2012, 11:52:13 AM »
He dont need you anymore, he got what he wanted from you... now he is murmuring other peoples ear to get what he wants next :)
~Violence is always an option!~

Geronus

• Honourable King
  • Dum dee dum dee dum
    • View Profile
« Reply #1197: August 27, 2012, 03:21:31 PM »
Oh, gotcha. Makes MUCH more sense now.

Now really, how enticing does an offer have to be for a realm with one city? You can't honestly expect after a two-year war that we're going to offer you all lordships around our lake with beach chairs and pina coladas. Hell, I'm Consul and I don't even get that! I don't even technically have land to myself... I've got the best house in Barad Falas, but that's it.

Wait... Would you do it for a Scooby Snack?

Let me give you a little hint. We're not so much focused on winning concessions for ourselves at this point.

Perth

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #1198: August 27, 2012, 06:36:27 PM »
He dont need you anymore, he got what he wanted from you... now he is murmuring other peoples ear to get what he wants next :)

It's that little blonde tramp from his office, isn't it!?  >:(

Eirikr

« Reply #1199: August 27, 2012, 08:57:20 PM »
Let me give you a little hint. We're not so much focused on winning concessions for ourselves at this point.

So no Scooby Snacks? Man, that always works with Merlin...

Seriously, though, you're trying (with one city and one city only) to pull concessions for the entire NA? Noble idea, but that's even less reasonable than granting yourselves some decent treatment when your city goes down. Especially since your King keeps professing that he didn't want the war to continue anyway, just that he (and I'm guilty here, too) thought that Coria couldn't back down from Hatred.

Actually, does anyone know when that changed? I was told OOC many times before I even considered becoming Consul that you couldn't go back from Hatred, but it popped up a little while ago that you just take a big peasant mood swing across your realm. I have a feeling it was actually always this way and I just never checked.