Author Topic: The Current War  (Read 555127 times)

Dante Silverfire

• Mighty Duke
  • Merlin (AT), Brom(DWI), Proslyn(DWI)
    • View Profile
Re: The Current War
« Reply #1335: October 02, 2012, 09:50:11 PM »
Hoh, like we would use our precious gold like that? There is reason why Darka has so much gold... we dont spend it carelessly at all :)

There fixed that for you.
"This is the face of the man who has worked long and hard for the good of the people without caring much for any of them."

Sonya

• Mighty Duke
  • Traveling to a new world!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1336: October 02, 2012, 10:09:11 PM »
I dunno, I've been trying pretty hard to encourage people to put a bounty on my head... Every time I check the bounty board, I'm mildly upset.

isn't a 50 gold bounty already cool?

LilWolf

• Noble Lord
  • The Vasata Family
    • View Profile
« Reply #1337: October 02, 2012, 10:27:04 PM »
I dunno, I've been trying pretty hard to encourage people to put a bounty on my head... Every time I check the bounty board, I'm mildly upset.

Bounties are mostly a waste of time and gold. You get people with 1500 gold bounties staying there for months if not years. Even if they get stabbed and seriously wounded it's unlikely they would even lose their position.

There fixed that for you.

Pff. Recently I've been spending about 1k per week on RCs in Darka. We prefer to spend gold on things that matter and even then it just doesn't make a dent in what we have :)
Join us on IRC #battlemaster@QuakeNet
Read about the fantasy stories I'm writing.

Bedwyr

• Mighty Duke
  • House Bedwyr
    • View Profile
« Reply #1338: October 02, 2012, 10:51:38 PM »
I know Darka has like 15k siting around. Their Dukes can have a competition to see who they can get assassinated first.

Pft.  Abington had that much sitting around on a regular basis.  On a week's notice the Banker (who was also the Duchess of Suville, which helped) could pull together that much again for a major product.

Darka, I am fairly certain, has at least six figures, and I wouldn't be surprised if they had seven, hoarded up.
"You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here!"

Ketchum

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #1339: October 03, 2012, 02:47:09 AM »
Hoh, like we would use our precious gold like that? There is reason why Darka has so much gold... we dont spend it carelessly :)
Your word put smile on my face. Seems I chose the right realm to change realm to :P
Werewolf Games: Villager (6) Wolf (4) Seer (3); Lynched as Villager(1). Lost as Villager(1), Lost as Wolf(1) due to Parity. Hunted as Villager(1). Lynched as Seer(2).
Won as Villager(3). Won as Seer(1). Won as Wolf(3).
BM Characters: East Continent(Brock), Colonies(Ash), Dwilight(Gary)

Eirikr

« Reply #1340: October 03, 2012, 05:25:50 AM »
isn't a 50 gold bounty already cool?

I have one? I've never seen it up there... Unless you can't see your own (you can't collect it, so why would it matter, I guess)?

I dunno, if I had an infil on Atamara, I'd totally go for bounties. It's always fun to bother someone even if it's just light... Plus, most of those guys with big bounties are pretty old now; a serious wound would put them under for a while (a fact I know on both my characters now). Then again, most of those high-placed bounties are there because they're hard to collect.

Sonya

• Mighty Duke
  • Traveling to a new world!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1341: October 03, 2012, 02:23:40 PM »
But i am sure (almost i can swear it) that most bounties are put for the nobles themselves.

It seems that a Bounty is the way to show off your Ego.

Peace!

Azerax

• BM Dev Team
  • Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #1342: October 05, 2012, 08:04:25 PM »
Sitting in Nazamroth, staring into Cantril...

"Red Rover, Red Rover, we call CE and Tara over!"

Jon Snow

• Knight
  • Eddard, Brandon, and Jon
    • View Profile
« Reply #1343: October 08, 2012, 04:19:58 PM »
O.o Tara v.s CE? That would be epic for sure! Better start saving up gold for that one...

Perth

• Honourable King
  • Current Character: Kemen
    • View Profile
« Reply #1344: October 08, 2012, 06:52:37 PM »
O.o Tara v.s CE? That would be epic for sure! Better start saving up gold for that one...

You know nothing.
"A tale is but half told when only one person tells it." - The Saga of Grettir the Strong
- Current: Kemen (D'hara) - Past: Kerwin (Eston), Kale (Phantaria, Terran, Melodia)

Lanyon

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #1345: October 08, 2012, 09:21:47 PM »
You know nothing.

I see what you did there, said the blind man.

Eirikr

« Reply #1346: October 08, 2012, 09:58:49 PM »
In other news, Minas Leon is hosting about half of Tara's army potential. Didn't realize they were so important.

Perth

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #1347: October 09, 2012, 04:50:00 AM »
In other news, Minas Leon is hosting about half of Tara's army potential. Didn't realize they were so important.

Nor did I realize you were allowing them passage to do so....
"A tale is but half told when only one person tells it." - The Saga of Grettir the Strong
- Current: Kemen (D'hara) - Past: Kerwin (Eston), Kale (Phantaria, Terran, Melodia)

Eirikr

« Reply #1348: October 09, 2012, 07:01:27 AM »
Nor did I realize you were allowing them passage to do so....

Minas Leon isn't covered by any treaty. Tara can operate only in a defensive capacity. Unless, of course, Ottar wants to attack and make many things very complicated for both himself and I.

EDIT: I mean, if I said no just because of the proximity to MI, it'd be like saying Tara can't go through Coria to reach the CE because it's too close to Eston.

Perth

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #1349: October 09, 2012, 10:40:34 AM »
EDIT: I mean, if I said no just because of the proximity to MI, it'd be like saying Tara can't go through Coria to reach the CE because it's too close to Eston.

I don't see the problem there.  ;D