Author Topic: The Current War  (Read 553319 times)

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
Re: The Current War
« Reply #1515: January 10, 2013, 10:44:10 PM »
If Coria goes against CE, they also end up going the way of Falasan.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Penchant

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #1516: January 10, 2013, 10:49:07 PM »
Actually that decision would have depended mostly on Asleon's recommendations on who was 'right' in your conflict and who wished to continue war.

I'm curious though you intend to go to war again, but not Suville. There are only 2 options left really:
1] Attack the central alliance (unless you get Tara's help that's gonna be a death sentence)
2] You can join in on the assaults on Eston/Darka, but I'm not sure if that little bit of extra aid at this point will do anything than possibly slightly speed up the process.

Although you could always continue the Redspann way, go and march to BoM! After all, you do occupy some of their former lands.
Carelia is still at war with Mina's Ithil so we might pointlessly go fight them or we aid Tara in fighting.
“The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him.”
― G.K. Chesterton

Eirikr

« Reply #1517: January 10, 2013, 11:34:27 PM »
If Coria goes against CE, they also end up going the way of Falasan.

Precisely what I want to avoid.

Carelia is still at war with Mina's Ithil so we might pointlessly go fight them or we aid Tara in fighting.

Please tell me the Minas Ithil thing is a joke. There's nothing left.

Penchant

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #1518: January 10, 2013, 11:40:19 PM »
Precisely what I want to avoid.

Please tell me the Minas Ithil thing is a joke. There's nothing left.
I had thought they had a few more regions so we will probablyy just aid Tara but no war is bad for Carelia as all our nobles are dying of boredom already.
“The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him.”
― G.K. Chesterton

Eirikr

« Reply #1519: January 10, 2013, 11:59:37 PM »
They have York and Mansbridge, that's it. Coria wouldn't let you through, though. We still have a treaty for another month and a half to prevent passage through us to hit MI or BoM. Unless, you know, you want to fight Coria for passage. :P

Geronus

• Honourable King
  • Dum dee dum dee dum
    • View Profile
« Reply #1520: January 11, 2013, 12:03:40 AM »
They have York and Mansbridge, that's it. Coria wouldn't let you through, though. We still have a treaty for another month and a half to prevent passage through us to hit MI or BoM. Unless, you know, you want to fight Coria for passage. :P

I'll be very interested to see if anyone takes advantage of that treaty's expiration.

Radigand

• Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #1521: January 11, 2013, 12:17:43 AM »
Speaking MI, what is ML up to these days, other than taking York after Coria-Eston treaty expires? And we haven't heard much from Rielston, Caergoth and Strombran.

Eirikr

« Reply #1522: January 11, 2013, 01:00:05 AM »
I'll be very interested to see if anyone takes advantage of that treaty's expiration.

To me the question isn't if someone will, but who that will be.

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #1523: January 11, 2013, 02:39:36 AM »
Strombran is sending up troops to help curbstomp Eston.

Kwanstein

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #1524: January 11, 2013, 02:43:01 AM »
Will they get there in time?

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #1525: January 11, 2013, 02:43:42 AM »
They have been for a few weeks.

So... yes?

Forbes Family

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #1526: January 11, 2013, 03:06:57 AM »
Not only has Strombran been there for weeks but we are practically always there as our army rotates and carries enough cash to stay in the field for weeks. Unless the army looses a bad battle we are able to be there for quite some time.
Forbes Family

Sypher

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #1527: January 11, 2013, 05:03:09 AM »
Speaking MI, what is ML up to these days, other than taking York after Coria-Eston treaty expires? And we haven't heard much from Rielston, Caergoth and Strombran.

ML is taking over Mansbridge at the moment. York will be next unless MI agrees to some sort of surrender to ML (which seems unlikely).

Penchant

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #1528: January 11, 2013, 05:48:42 AM »
ML is taking over Mansbridge at the moment. York will be next unless MI agrees to some sort of surrender to ML (which seems unlikely).
If MI surrendered would you give them anything or would they be stuck with just York?
― G.K. Chesterton

Sypher

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #1529: January 11, 2013, 06:56:32 AM »
If MI surrendered would you give them anything or would they be stuck with just York?

Well I'm in MI, but the current offer is just to keep York. There are some other conditions but I'm not sure they are relevant considering there doesn't seem to be much chance of King Sidd agreeing to it. Something like "I'd rather die first"*.

(*not exact quote)