Author Topic: The Current War  (Read 555145 times)

Azerax

• BM Dev Team
  • Mighty Duke
    • View Profile

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
Re: The Current War
« Reply #1651: February 13, 2013, 12:53:26 PM »
Why won't Minas Leon attack? :(
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

jaune

• Mighty Duke
  • Suck my socks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1652: February 13, 2013, 12:59:26 PM »
They are good people and avoid unnecessary violence!

They wait week or 2 to see your army starve? Less violence when they come then...
~Violence is always an option!~

jaune

• Mighty Duke
  • Suck my socks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1653: February 15, 2013, 02:47:54 PM »
Well, not to spam FB news thread...

This is Darka!
http://youtu.be/-qR0Uke2XNI

-Jaune

Geronus

• Honourable King
  • Dum dee dum dee dum
    • View Profile
« Reply #1654: March 01, 2013, 06:36:01 PM »
Breaking news: Suville's expeditionary force is ordered to attack defending forces in Anost. In a hilarious and deadly surprise, the troops defending the area turn out to be Tarans instead of Darkans. Chaos ensues with Suville gallantly attacking the heavily defended Taran/Cagilan position. The defending troops annihilate the vastly inferior force from Suville. The lone Darkan unit to take the field dies of laughter.

League of the Eagle and Allied Casualties: 229 Taran and Cagilan soldiers + Suville's entire army of 378 soldiers

Northern Alliance Casualties: 25 Darkans who probably died happy.

*facepalm*

jaune

• Mighty Duke
  • Suck my socks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1655: March 01, 2013, 07:21:35 PM »
Suville, welcome to The Dark(a) side!

-Jaune

Lavigna

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #1656: March 01, 2013, 07:24:19 PM »
Suville, welcome to The Dark(a) side!

-Jaune

Ain't giving them cookies yet though! only those with the goat poop! XD
Suck my socks! I kill for Darka! -KK-

Vellos

• Honourable King
  • Stodgy Old Man in Training
    • View Profile
« Reply #1657: March 01, 2013, 08:36:22 PM »
Breaking news: Suville's expeditionary force is ordered to attack defending forces in Anost. In a hilarious and deadly surprise, the troops defending the area turn out to be Tarans instead of Darkans. Chaos ensues with Suville gallantly attacking the heavily defended Taran/Cagilan position. The defending troops annihilate the vastly inferior force from Suville. The lone Darkan unit to take the field dies of laughter.

League of the Eagle and Allied Casualties: 229 Taran and Cagilan soldiers + Suville's entire army of 378 soldiers

Northern Alliance Casualties: 25 Darkans who probably died happy.

*facepalm*

Man, is something weird in battle code?

We had a surprise diplomatastrophe in Dwiligh too recently.
"A neutral humanism is either a pedantic artifice or a prologue to the inhuman." - George Steiner

Bael

• Mighty Duke
  • Have sword, will travel!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1658: March 01, 2013, 08:51:37 PM »
Man, is something weird in battle code?

We had a surprise diplomatastrophe in Dwiligh too recently.

It's actually perfectly straigh-forward. Tara already had a unit in Anost. Therefore they held the field (defender).

The Suville units were set to aggressive and were the attackers. Suville and Tara are at neutral status. Sit back and wait...

Aggressive only triggers a battle when neutral and you are the attacker afaik. I still have to discover whether murderous will attack even allies and federation...

Lorgan

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #1659: March 01, 2013, 08:56:07 PM »
I still have to discover whether murderous will attack even allies and federation...

Yes.

^ban^

• BM Dev Team
  • Mighty Duke
  • Le Genie
    • View Profile
« Reply #1660: March 01, 2013, 10:27:21 PM »
It's actually perfectly straigh-forward. Tara already had a unit in Anost. Therefore they held the field (defender).

The Suville units were set to aggressive and were the attackers. Suville and Tara are at neutral status. Sit back and wait...

Aggressive only triggers a battle when neutral and you are the attacker afaik. I still have to discover whether murderous will attack even allies and federation...

I don't think the aggressive settings were necessary, because of the Darkan unit.

The Tarans control the field as you described. Then, the battle is triggered by the presence of the Darkan unit. Because of the CE/Tara alliance, CE joins the defenders.

The Suville units are marked as "freshly arrived", with at least one unit on aggressive, bringing them into the battle. Since they are neutral with everyone involved in the battle, will prefer the attacker side. This puts Suville and Darka on the same side of the field.

If memory serves (because checking the combat script is a nightmare), had Suville had a single unit in the region that wasn't freshly arrived they would have been on the side of CE/Tara. Without the aggressive settings, I believe they would have sat out of the battle.
Born in Day they knew the Light; Rulers, prophets, servants, and warriors.
Life in Night that they walk; Gods, heretics, thieves, and murderers.
The Stefanovics live.

Dante Silverfire

• Mighty Duke
  • Merlin (AT), Brom(DWI), Proslyn(DWI)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1661: March 01, 2013, 10:40:15 PM »
I don't think the aggressive settings were necessary, because of the Darkan unit.

The Tarans control the field as you described. Then, the battle is triggered by the presence of the Darkan unit. Because of the CE/Tara alliance, CE joins the defenders.

The Suville units are marked as "freshly arrived", with at least one unit on aggressive, bringing them into the battle. Since they are neutral with everyone involved in the battle, will prefer the attacker side. This puts Suville and Darka on the same side of the field.

If memory serves (because checking the combat script is a nightmare), had Suville had a single unit in the region that wasn't freshly arrived they would have been on the side of CE/Tara. Without the aggressive settings, I believe they would have sat out of the battle.

This is NOT true. Suville was allied to both CE and Coria.
"This is the face of the man who has worked long and hard for the good of the people without caring much for any of them."

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1662: March 01, 2013, 10:47:48 PM »
If they were allied, then the only way they could end up on the opposite side of the battle would be if they were on Murderous. The battle report would show that.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Dante Silverfire

• Mighty Duke
  • Merlin (AT), Brom(DWI), Proslyn(DWI)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1663: March 01, 2013, 11:13:47 PM »
If they were allied, then the only way they could end up on the opposite side of the battle would be if they were on Murderous. The battle report would show that.

Well they ARE allied. So its a bug.
"This is the face of the man who has worked long and hard for the good of the people without caring much for any of them."

Gustav Kuriga

« Reply #1664: March 01, 2013, 11:16:01 PM »
A very fun bug, however. <.<