Main Menu

News:

Please be aware of the Forum Rules of Conduct.

Understanding Takeovers

Started by JeVondair, May 23, 2017, 09:18:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JeVondair

I have some questions about Takeovers in general.

• Is there any game-mechanic difference between hostile and friendly takeovers?
  • Do Friendly takeovers make the population like you more?
  • Do Brutal takeovers complete faster? Is there a point to balanced TO options?
  • If your unit has more men, how much more effective are you at TO actions by contributing percentage?
  • When TO's are complete, shouldn't the region be at core control initially before depreciating?
I have been unable to answer these questions when asked and would like more insight. Thanks!
"Behavior that's admired is the path to power among people everywhere"

Wimpie

1. I don't think so. The progress is tracked separately obviously.
2. No, it's intended but never implemented as far as I know
3. No & No
4. I would have to look into the code for that
5. I don't have a specific feeling about that.
Osgar (Thalmarkin, BT), Jeames (Perleone, EC)
PAUSED: Nasgar (Avernus, DWI), Jari (Outer Tilog, COL)

Vita`

QuoteIs there any game-mechanic difference between hostile and friendly takeovers?
At this point, no. There should be, in the future. As we've stated since 2012. :P

QuoteDo Friendly takeovers make the population like you more?
No, but it should. See above.

QuoteDo Brutal takeovers complete faster?
No (I think).

QuoteIs there a point to balanced TO options?
Being a maverick? I think there may be (either implemented or planned), but not sure on what they may be.

QuoteIf your unit has more men, how much more effective are you at TO actions by contributing percentage?
You should know by now we don't give out those specific details. Suffice to say, the more men you have, the more effective you are at supporting takeovers.

QuoteWhen TO's are complete, shouldn't the region be at core control initially before depreciating?
I don't think it should, but am not 100% certain on post-TO region statuses.