Author Topic: Goriad II's emigration to BT  (Read 9261 times)

Gabanus family

• Board Moderator
  • Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
Re: Goriad II's emigration to BT
« Reply #15: April 03, 2018, 12:30:29 PM »
Roleplay from Vahanian Blint   (20 days, 16 hours ago)
message to all nobles of Obia'Syela
A messenger arrived as Vahanian prepared his soldiers to return to Rines for a brief refit. "Goriad II has requested your presence in Hall of Enlightenment." The messenger said. Vahanian nodded, tossed the man a coin and bade him leave. Baldwin stood in the corner, his face written with concern and confusion.

"Relax Baldwin, if he wanted me dead, he'd make a spectacle of it. I fear I know what this meeting is about.."

Vahanian finished packing his gear and mounted his horse, he was weary and tired, he needed a bath, a hot meal, and sleep. But he had priorities. He needed to work the problem. He pulled an orange from his satchel and began peeling the fruit, slowly working his blade through the skin of the fruit. He loved oranges, and having something to do in his hands helped him think. He descended deep into his own mind as his soldiers moved out, he wandered the halls of his childhood home and recalled memories of a distant past. Unwinding his thoughts and problems, he was able to examine them layer by layer, piece by piece. He followed each strand carefully, if he ever got stuck of confused, he'd start again, working through each angle trying to determine the most likely outcomes.

He would do this the whole trip to Rines..

Roleplay from Astros Renodin   (20 days, 13 hours ago)

After what felt like a breeze, both in speed and in temperature the huge form of Astros entered the Palace proper. Having adopted a more subdued manner his men were a bit unsure how to behave around all these pious palatial guards. Astros bowed his head almost theatrically, lest you knew the man. Soft words in reverence spoken to other members of the Cloth and small signs made at obvious holy or otherwise sacred places. ''Praise be to the Veil.'' Nod. ''May the Veil lift brother.'' Nod. ''Her Grace upon you.'' Nod. All the way until he reached the Great Hall where he was told Goriad II would be.

Roleplay from Jessica Gildre   (19 days, 21 hours ago)
Jessica looked back at Goriad II from the fire and sighed. She walked back over to him and reaching into her cloak.

From her cloak she pulled out a tightly bound scroll. She looked at it for a split moment, then extended it to him.

Roleplay from Vahanian Blint   (19 days, 20 hours ago)
Vahanian walked through the doors of the Great Hall where Goriad II and Jessica had gathered. He glanced all around him and noticed that some of Goriad's Inquisitors were present, one of them even stepped forward with his hand extended asking Vahanian to stop, in an attempt to have Vahanian surrender his weapons. Vahanian leveled him with a glare and said "Touch me and you will not get that hand back." The guard quickly retreated.

Vahanian moved further into the room and noticed Astros's massive form in the corner. An unnoticeable flicker of rage sparked through his mind and he quickly suppressed it. He nodded at Jessica and turned to face Goriad II.

"What are we doing here Goriad II?"

Roleplay from Astros Renodin   (19 days, 19 hours ago)

Vahanian moved further into the room and noticed Astros's massive form in the corner. An unnoticeable flicker of rage sparked through his mind and he quickly suppressed it. He nodded at Jessica and turned to face Goriad II.
~Vahanian Blint

''Blessings through the Veil upon you.. Brother.'' Acidulous the words were in their delivery. Keeping them company was an unmasked grin that screamed of the enjoyment the wearer was having as eyes set high above it, beheld the Templar.

Roleplay from Jessica Gildre   (19 days, 10 hours ago)
Jessica stared at Vahanian as he entered and nodded at her.

''Blessings through the Veil upon you.. Brother.''

Jessica looked over to see Astros, grinning unabashedly, spreading praise of Obeah throughout the room. His gaze remained locked with Vahanian for a moment before the Templar turned his attention to Goriad II.

"What are we doing here Goriad II?" Vahanian demanded.

Jessica pulled the tunic of a waiting Inquisitor, and made a drinking motion with her hand. The man frowned at her and responded, "M'Lady, I am not a servant..."

Jessica made the drinking motion again, and waved the man away. She then turned back to the group, and raised an eyebrow at Goriad II quizzically.

A game of sherades?
As Jessica through the wood in the fire Goriad II was unsure if she meant to be the fire that protects itself from men, or if she's the wood desperately trying to fight A large force. She didn't strike him as the type to be afraid and defending herself, so he assumed the latter.

She then handed him a scroll. For a moment he thought it to be a knife and he quickly drew his. When she handed over the scroll he used the knife to break the seal instead.

"Interesting," he said and just at that moment Astros entered, praising Obeah left and right. It almost felt like mockery to Goriad II, so when he was close enough he took the knife he still had in his hand and put it at Astros' throat. "You dared making a mockery of Yxevarii, but don't try that here boy! You will hold yourself for when the old man comes, you will hand over all the gold you have and in turn I will give you what you seek. You can take gold from the Heretics, but it belongs to the church and as head of the Inquisition I will take it and use it where needed to spread thd faith, through all means."

He then continued and threw the knife into the fire with quite some accuracy, hitting a log. He then walked towards the buckets of water standing next to it and put out the fire. "Swords work well for pray, but we require magic for the bigger hunt. There is much to be learned here, but Rania once even managed to controll daemons through Obeah's power and aid. Nothing is impossible, every fire can be extinguished." He paused and finished Everyone's fire," and he grinned.

A while later Vahanian arrived, refusing to hand over his weapon and demanding to know why he was summoned. "Relax old man, you won't die today," he said more looking at Astros than at Vahanian. "You are failing your duty, so I shall give you a new one and one last chance. You will restore our military and take Ardmore and Ruefillo and you shall get some help to do it."

"Astros, come here!" And when the big man had gotten close enough, Goriad II continued: "Meet the new Vice-Marshal of the army Vahanian. He will have exactly the same rights and duties as Boltgan. Astros, I expect orders from either you, Boltgan or even Vahanian every half a day, no matter what happens. Whip this army back into shape. Use the coming weekend to refit everyone, we will fund this one, and then strike early next week. Do not let me down!"

He then turned to Jessica, "My dear huntress, while I would prefer to go hunting with you, would you mind showing these men how to fight and hunt instead? For the next few campaigns I would be gratefull if you took up arms and joined them. And once I finish my research of this Dark ring of the Clouds it is my gift to you."
New account active chars:
Garas: First Oligarch - Goriad: Astrum - Goriad II: Obia'Syela