Author Topic: New map for Dwilight  (Read 5453 times)

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
Re: New map for Dwilight
« Topic Start: November 14, 2017, 01:56:09 AM »
Doubt any of these changes people want to see will happen. But if it does happen, deleting everything south of South Divide would be good. Why leave Lurian regions at all? Reducing the number of regions by half should increase the density by a lot.

Stronghanding realms to oblivion has, historically, not really led to density increases. Prudence is totally warranted. I kind of dismissively remove some myself in some drafts, but I do think that any realm to be removed this way would probably need to be manually reinstated elsewhere, kinda like what was done with Westgard, and not just thrown under the bus with a "adapt or die" situation. If Madina was removed, for example, a referendum could be held there as to what city they'd like to move to, and then they could all be teleported there, with regions given their max pop, and a bunch of gold to rebuild.

As for Luria, I don't really see a reason to remove the realm. I'm not in favor of crippling realms like what happened to D'Hara when it lost its western holdings (2 cities, townslands, and rurals at the time, + valuable allies). But this wouldn't be too much the case, as I'm using Antonine's bonified map as a base, which includes more cities in the region. Luria could therefore move its capital to another more central location, which would bring it closer to Swordfell and D'Hara.

A less drastic version that removes no realms

Here, you'd have D'Hara, Fissoa, Luria, and Swordfell all close to each other, potentially competing for land, with a much more real capacity to fight each other. D'Hara and Madina would also be closer to each other, while Madina and Fissoa would no longer be capital-locked against each other.

All in all, simple changes that could really bring unprecedented potential to that otherwise desolate corner.

Doesn't do a huge thing for density, but D'Hara loses a few eastern regions, Madina loses western holdings, Fissoa loses a few regions, Luria loses some, so does a bit. All of them would pretty much be able to compensate with new or better regions, but at least doing so would place them shoulder to shoulder.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron