Author Topic: Is it normal for a new ruler to lose all titles/gov positions and duchies?  (Read 25272 times)

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
Zakky, you have been talking in this thread as if you know how Titans operate. You would not have that knowledge without having been a Titan at some point in the past. Over the last many months, while you are often in the general ballpark of accuracy, you were not a dev yourself, and have often explained mechanics misleadingly based upon your own understanding, which may be more than the average player, but not as much as anyone whose read the code. Please think about what you are saying. And yes, as Samboji points out, that includes the tone of your explanations and not talking down to other players. You can be very helpful in explaining to players, indeed, but sometimes its slightly off the mark, or can get aggressive. Just slow down and think before you hit reply. Sometimes, when I do that, I realize I should reword or even just not reply.

In his defense, most of what he said, if not all, is "common knowledge" to any of us old timers.

I can get that it can give the impression to a newbie that he is authoritorial in the matter, but I neither think that posing as a titan was his intent, nor that whatever experience he may have previously had as a dev/coder/mod/titan/magistrate/whatever is the sole source of his knowledge.

Every time a case like this shows up, it's always the same scenario. Those who backed the cheaters whine, threaten to quit, talk as if the rules are for everyone but them, and that somehow, in the grand scheme of things, those people who backed the cheaters are the true victims of it all. And each time, explanations about how titan decisions are made are shared, to help ease any feeling of arbitrary persecution.

MTYL... The line you are referring to is

The titans didn't invalidate your progress, Crixus, the guy you supported, did. He betrayed you, the titan's reaction was neither arbitrary nor unpredictable.

If you truly do not understand what was said here, allow me to reformulate:

The titans' judgement is not an independent act. It is not a cause. It does not spring out of nothingness. Titan sanctions appear when, and only when, rules are broken (beyond reasonable doubt). Yes, they have the authority to use their judgement when it comes to the severity, but they don't use it arbitrarily, the decision is perfectly in line with previous examples. So if your complaint is that your realm is filled with empty positions, then what caused that? The titan judgement it would seem, by the complain, but that's just a symptom. The root cause of the positions being empty is Crixus breaking the rules. And he should have known that breaking the rules in this way would have exactly this effect. He's not a newbie. So with full knowledge of the risks, he chose to take actions that would lead to the current situation.

If you are angry about the amount of positions left empty, don't be angry with the titans for doing their job, be angry 1) with Crixus for blatantly breaking the rules, and 2) with yourselves for giving so damn many titles to him. The hell guys, concentrating power this much is stupid. Where would you be now if Crixus had been captured in battle, or had taken a serious wound that wouldn't heal? No better off. Swordfell's players in this regard have no one to blame but themselves.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron