Author Topic: Feedback and Discussion  (Read 29917 times)

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
Re: Feedback and Discussion
« Topic Start: January 16, 2018, 01:29:04 AM »
"What do you think?"

So far, it's pretty fun. I'm not yet sure how to make a "game" out of it, but the creative writing aspect is pretty cool.

"What do you like?"

I like the free-form ability to write RPs dissociated from the specific constraints of game mechanics. The ability to write, basically, anything. (This is both a blessing and a curse. More on that later.) I like the cooperative aspects of the creation process, mixed with a little bit of adversarial play at this point. Zakky comes up with a chapter, and I have to figure out how to fit the next chapter to it, while perhaps putting in some kind of twist or unexpected revelation that Bedwyr has to deal with. This reminds of some of the best RP experiences I had in BattleMaster, which were with a group of adventurers.

The lack of hard deadlines is good for me right now. I can't keep to a twice a day play schedule with hard noon/midnight turn changes. At least not with any kind of actual involvement beyond following orders.

"What needs to be improved?"

I think that many of my "improvements" would be taken care of by the automated interface. Right now things are a bit confusing.

Perhaps the most confusing thing now is how it all fits together to make a coherent story. This is part interface, and part the confusing timelines of world creation mythos, world detailing, and beginning rudimentary story all proceeding in parallel.

Once things get going, a concrete example of game play would be very helpful. Even if someone sat down and put together a multi-chapter story by assuming the roles of all the writers involved. For example, make up the story of the formation of the first linking of three Prime Sources to generate Purity. Assume it involves 4 fictitious characters, then write 7 or 8 chapters describing it as written by those 4 fictitious players. Link it as a gameplay sample. I know that we're creating those examples as we play, but we're only interpreting what you're telling us the game is about. We could be missing something.

One more possibility for examples: How to use a hero in actual play.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.