Main Menu

News:

Please be aware of the Forum Rules of Conduct.

Under Debate: Add RP to Msg Filters

Started by JeVondair, April 11, 2018, 02:15:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JeVondair

Title: Add RP to Msg Filters

Summary: There is a filter for every sort of message BESIDES roleplaying, and that doesn't make sense considering that RP is a prime focus of this game.

Details: Code will add an option to filter all message by their RP tag.

Benefits:This will be especially helpful in realms that have a prevalent Roleplaying culture and allow players to better track and navigate such.

Possible Downsides/Exploits: The only argument I've seen used against this idea is that not all realms RP heavily so its not worth it. Well that's just silly.
"Behavior that's admired is the path to power among people everywhere"

Gildre

Admit nothing, deny everything, make counter-accusations.

Gabanus family

New account active chars:
Garas: First Oligarch - Goriad: Astrum - Goriad II: Obia'Syela

Renodin

Its threads like this that me wonder where there is no heart icon to insert along with the smiles. While I do not use any such filter system I'm sure it would come in handy. +1

MTYL

Well I for one would use such filter a lot and I believe it would be good to have it.
_____
New family - Arnickles Renodin: Maura(OS), Myr(LN)
Old family - The (dead) Bennets: Max(SF), Joran(VT), Jarra(OS)

Wimpie

So, I had to ask around to find where these message filters actually are.. I don't think I ever used them haha.

Few remarks:

1. Now that I found them, I can click any 'Type' and the Msg filter box stays at the bottom. If I click 'OOC', there's not msg filter box anymore. Same for you guys?

2. I don't see why RP shouldn't be in there, valid request for me.

3. I'm not sure this all is going to change when Delvin has a working version of the new message system. So I'm gonna wait until he can comment on this one before actually doing anything.
Osgar (Thalmarkin, BT), Jeames (Perleone, EC)
PAUSED: Nasgar (Avernus, DWI), Jari (Outer Tilog, COL)