Author Topic: Fame Ideas  (Read 8544 times)

Gildre

• Mighty Duke
  • If you can't keep up, don't step up.
    • View Profile
Fame Ideas
« Topic Start: July 29, 2018, 07:01:09 PM »
Hey everyone!

I haven't seen any discussion lately on Fame, and I find the topic obsessive to me. I have scoured family pages, gathering details from as many Fame Boxes as I can, and have built a generic Fame Box which I think is close, but still lacking in a few aspects.

What I need:

1. Discussion towards my findings. Am I wrong about something? Missing detail? Different idea?

2. Link me any Family Fame Box which has a fame point I don't have included in my generic box.

http://wiki.battlemaster.org/wiki/Gildre_Fame_Guide

So far I have scoured the Fame page as well as the Lemon Fame 2 page on the Wiki, but these are both horrendously out of date. I am hoping we can gather new data!
Admit nothing, deny everything, make counter-accusations.

Moretti

• Peasant
    • View Profile
Re: Fame Ideas
« Reply #1: September 11, 2018, 01:16:14 PM »
Did you manage to get the more current data, Gildre?
I recommend these testosterone boosters because they worked for me.

Gildre

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #2: September 13, 2018, 03:56:23 PM »
No, unfortunately.

You are actually the only person who has responded at all, whether here or on Discord. Nothing has changed on my end from my original post.

Wimpie

• Developer
  • Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #3: September 13, 2018, 10:41:57 PM »
I just scored another fame point which I think was due to winning a duel to death.

I rushed here, only to see it's already in there :-/

EDIT: Not entirely sure what you mean by this: "These are the Fame Box headings I have tried which do not work. I am assuming that all 51 fame points are templated for the Fame Box."

Fame Box was, as far as I am aware, a player incentive.
Osgar (Thalmarkin, BT), Jeames (Perleone, EC)
PAUSED: Nasgar (Avernus, DWI), Jari (Outer Tilog, COL)

Shepard

• Freeman
  • Thorns N' Roses
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #4: September 13, 2018, 11:09:07 PM »
I currently have 4 fame points, 2 of them prestige related and rest 2 are for Leading an Army and Unique Item. I got the Lead an Army fame when my Marshal character took control of the army in a minor battle against monsters. Unique Item fame was received when he bought one from an adventurer.
Adriel (Caligus, EC), Astrida (Shattered Vales, BT) and Artorias (Arnor, DWI)

PolarRaven

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #5: September 13, 2018, 11:59:33 PM »
I believe that there are some fame  points that are no longer available.
The game has evolved over the years and some fame granting functions are no longer available.
The mentor class is no longer available, and I believe that 2 or 3 points were available in that class.

Gildre

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #6: September 14, 2018, 06:06:03 PM »
PolarRaven,

You are correct, not all 51 original points are still attainable. For the Mentors, I have them on my tester Fame Box that I linked. 1 point for being a Mentor, and another for publishing a book.

I am not trying to get all 51 points. I realize that is impossible. I am just trying to figure them out/provide information for people to use on their family Wiki pages if they so wish.

As far as I am tracking with my own research, the two mentor points are they only ones that a current player could not get. However, I have 3 points that I have no idea what they are for, and I honestly quite doubt that there is a fame point for having a high skill in every skill, so I think those are just placeholders for more points haha.

PolarRaven

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #7: September 14, 2018, 09:19:03 PM »
The Trade system has seen many major changes since I started playing.
It may be possible that Fame from this skill may no longer be possible either.
I am not saying it is unavailable, but there has been a LOT of changes to Trade since this fame point was first available.

Vita`

• BM Dev Team
  • Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #8: September 14, 2018, 09:24:17 PM »
I can assure you the trader point is still available, though it is no longer specific to the trader class, but to any market trades.

Gildre

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #9: September 16, 2018, 12:40:28 AM »
Yeah, I am 99.9% sure I got the Trader point. I was Banker in Luria Nova, made a specific trade as an experiment, and was rewarded with a Fame Point. Pretty much any realm Banker can get it no problem, and Bankers on Dwilight or Beluaterra have probably gotten it without even realizing it. Stewards and Regions Lords could get it without too much trouble too, depending on the state of the realm.

Vita`

• BM Dev Team
  • Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #10: September 16, 2018, 12:46:40 AM »
And yet no one has successfully guessed the details of what achieves it...

Lefanis

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #11: September 16, 2018, 10:40:25 AM »
And yet no one has successfully guessed the details of what achieves it...

Sell food to a starving region. If you get the "locals rejoice as the food comes in" message, you get the fame. Might need to sell under a certain price.
What is Freedom? - ye can tell; That which slavery is, too well; For its very name has grown; To an echo of your own

T'is to work and have such pay; As just keeps life from day to day; In your limbs, as in a cell; For the tyrants' use to dwell

Vita`

• BM Dev Team
  • Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #12: September 16, 2018, 05:05:51 PM »
Correct, about the starving region and rejoice message. But it's not only selling to, but buying for, and brokering trade for.

You've earned 3 months of Goodies as a result. Congratulations on being the first player in over a decade(?) to successfully guess a fame point.

Lefanis

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #13: September 16, 2018, 06:47:58 PM »
Correct, about the starving region and rejoice message. But it's not only selling to, but buying for, and brokering trade for.

You've earned 3 months of Goodies as a result. Congratulations on being the first player in over a decade(?) to successfully guess a fame point.

Hurray!! ;D

I am curious what happed to mentor fame though, now that the class no longer exists!
What is Freedom? - ye can tell; That which slavery is, too well; For its very name has grown; To an echo of your own

T'is to work and have such pay; As just keeps life from day to day; In your limbs, as in a cell; For the tyrants' use to dwell

Vita`

• BM Dev Team
  • Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #14: September 16, 2018, 07:38:24 PM »
Anyone who previously gained mentor fame with their families has it. One day, when mentor system returns, the famepoints will return.