Author Topic: Adventurers No Longer Using Scrolls - Discussion  (Read 13965 times)

Logar

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
Re: Adventurers No Longer Using Scrolls - Discussion
« Topic Start: September 08, 2018, 11:23:01 AM »
I tend to agree with most of MTYL's points:

I am not aware of advies being used as (effective) weapons of war, so I assume it happened on East Continent. IIRC magic was supposed to be nerfed on EC and Colonies. It would fixed the problem better than the current "solution"
- It was on Beluaterra.

On Dwi and BT advies should be allowed (to a degree) to be weapons of war.
- Yes perhaps magic should just be limited to Bel and Dwi. This gives players a choice to play where it best suits them.

Even if advies are used effectively in war, I'd say there is a damn big counterbalance mechanic... as in they can be friggin killed! Capturing advies is like taking candy from a baby. If someone is ready to try and swing the fate of one battle/one region (doubtful) for the price of losing their character - ok, I guess it's a fair deal.
- As far as I am aware, all the wounded nobles have mysteriously healed and have 3 adventurers in custody with one already been executed.

Disabling advies from using magic takes one of the more fun (most fun?) aspects of advy game away. I know most people treat entire advy game as a gig to get artifacts/scroll for their pals, but there are few of us who actually enjoy it.
- I love the adventurer game. 1 of my advies is is an apprentice, another on a different island is a sorceress, but now the whole backround story and makeup of those characters is now irelevent.

Since I've learnt more about what prompted this... my question is - has anything like that happened ever before?
- No, not on this scale as far as I know

Did it require a lot of people actively working together?
- Yes. Several players have put a lot of work into creating the event which has spurred this disscusion. Not to mention the ammount of time and commitment by all those involved. They acted upon a single region (yes, the only region of the realm), but to do it again to another region would take weeks or months of further prepping. Its not like a rogue force who can march around causing havoc every day.

Have it broke the stagnation on the island a bit?
- Too early to tell.

Have it rid us of a single-region new player death-trap realm?
I couldn't possibly comment.

Could it be done by non-advies?
- Yes absolutely it can. In fact it would have been more difficult to capture the culprits. Advies doing the task have taken a huge risk of execution.

If you answer yes to at least one of those questions (or no to the first one) then banning advies from magic was overreacting.
"...Together We Stand, Divided We Fall!..." -- 'Hey You', Pink Floyd