Author Topic: Colonial Master!  (Read 22600 times)

Zakky

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
Re: Colonial Master!
« Reply #45: November 15, 2018, 06:22:48 PM »
I think you are too emotional about the issue here Vita. It was up to those players to choose to listen or not. The game should have limited mega alliances. 5 realms all allied to each other sitting in the center was definitely not fun for those not in that mega alliance.

As much as Tom had hoped  to see people play as a group of friends playing a board game, it is not possible for a game of BM's scale. Do you honest believe hundreds of  people can be close friends playing a board game? A typical board game is for 1~4 players. Even then you see friends fight and argue. Be realistic here. That rule can only go as far as making people not be an a-s-s-h-o-l-e to each other. It can't make people go 'oh I think our realm has been too dominating. Maybe we should cut back on being too dominating.'. People will always to try and strive to make their realm more successful over others. That is just how people work. You can introduce mechanics to encourage different behaviours but you will always have people trying to win the game.

As for CE dominating AT as being a celebratory moment, well it was for them and not for those out of it. Half of the continent had fun while the other half suffered. It is not really possible to make everyone have fun. I think what Anaris implied in his messages is to make this game fun for as many as possible. To achieve that the game obviously needs to have more activity. But unfortunately game limits how far you can travel and forces you to fight your neighbours. You can only fight the same neighbour so many times before you can sick of fighting them. At least board games have an end goal.