Author Topic: Entrenched families in same realm  (Read 21426 times)

vanKaya

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
Re: Entrenched families in same realm
« Topic Start: July 20, 2011, 04:53:02 PM »
Welcome to Atamara?

The Colonies have a lot of that too--Giblot used to have more of this, but it's gradually decreasing, I think. But Lukon would lose a third of their numbers if all the second characters went away.

The example I was thinking of was in Beluaterra so I guess the this is a pretty widespread problem everywhere but Dwi.

Yeah - leave.

Yeah clearly that's the easiest solution and it doesn't bother me to try in another realm but I'd hate for BM to lose a potential player cause people see this kind of nepotism and assume it's the rule. Think of halo or cod, the people who ruin it for others is the hardcore group that are playing to "win" and not to have fun.

There's another thread going on where the ruler of Greater Aenillia was making the case that it was fine he was monopolizing the power because it made a) sense IC and b) cause he was the most qualified. I feel this is exactly the rationale players most players have when they take on power positions with their second characters and the problem with said rationale is that it's contrary to the idea that BM is a community, not a game you win.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2011, 04:54:37 PM by Raz »
Fyodor, Terran.   Vitaly, Enweil.