Author Topic: Dwilight IC and OOC updates and news!  (Read 254276 times)

De-Legro

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
Re: Dwilight IC and OOC updates and news!
« Reply #585: June 06, 2011, 01:53:54 PM »
@ Bedwyr: I believe the wiki is very clear about asian and american inspired religions. They disturb the SMA enviroment. Yet I only heard about existing asian religions to justify the MP as a religion. Personally, I am not convinced that the MP even is a religion. That aside, it raises the question if it is appropriate within the SMA enviroment.

Please justify why the MP is appropriate on Dwilight without criticizing other religions on Dwilight.
Also, you quoted Tom, but he does not speak of the abrahamic monetheistic theology.

And aren't misotheism and deism philosophies applied on existing religions? I am no expert in either one of them, but I see them as sub-cultures of real religions. And isn't deism simular to the 'Enlightenment', which is a concept of the 18th century.

Indeed the wiki is

"Non-European Realm/Religion Concepts
While these are acceptable on other islands, we are very, very sceptical about them on any island where we are looking for a serious medieval atmosphere. Some will be ok, a little bit of orient can spice things up, but the vast majority would only dilute and disturb the atmosphere. That goes especially for any asian or american concepts. Basically anything that the middle ages did not have much contact with. Again, there are other islands in BattleMaster where these ideas can be explored."

The crux would be defining what a "little" eastern influence is.
Previously of the De-Legro Family
Now of representation unknown.