Author Topic: Dwilight IC and OOC updates and news!  (Read 254179 times)

Peri

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
Re: Dwilight IC and OOC updates and news!
« Reply #60: March 07, 2011, 06:57:28 PM »
Storm's Keep did have level 7 walls or something. That was interesting, I guess.

The entire north part of Dwilight composed of Averoth, Summerdale, and formerly Thulsoma, are all confusing to me. I know absolutely nothing of Averoth except that it originally was an unsanctioned colony by some dudes from Morek. And Allison tried to sabotage it and got protested out of office. Then there was a crusade declared against them, and sometime along the way it stopped. Since my dude was being called a heretic during the time, I kinda missed out on what happened with Averoth. Then it rebelled or something and it turned into some tyranny with German-sounding council names.

Yes Averoth was formed as an illegal Morekian colony, we sabotaged it but some of the refugees from the almost dead Everguard (if I am not wrong) ran there and developed it. Since however they were torenists and declared enemies of SA, Astrum decided to go there and burn down all their temples killing those in between. That made their torenist core to run away and left the realm more or less open to whomever wanted to. The reformed Averoth claimed freedom of religion and was left on its own. No one in SA really cared about them anymore, as they seemed reasonably calm neighbors. Indirik knows better the story as he was the one burning everything.

When the war against Thulsoma brewed up, at the beginning Averoth was more or less on Thulsoma's side to avoid the penetration of Libero in the Nifel peninsula. At first when Morek got involved (and I stress that it was more because Haruka executed a Morekian noble than for the crusade by itself) they were warned we had no interest whatsoever in putting a foothold in the nifel peninsula, and they remained outside the war.

Then, once Thulsoma was almost dead - going from almost 9k cs behind lvl7 walls to just a couple thousands cs and no peasants to draft - they suddenly entered storms Keep that was in the process of being looted by Morek without any reasonable motivation, basically winning a free ticket for annihilation at morek's hand. The plot behind this was just to provoke Astrum in the hope Caerwyn would attack them, as it was also whispered to us by the rebel leader of a recently failed rebellion there, but something went wrong apparently.

As things are unfolding now, I can't quit thinking that the ruler of Averoth is willingly sacrifying his own realm in the hope someone else would gang against SA -and for the moment only madina heed the call, another unexplainable act- because his deliberate refusal of Astrum's peace offers and not even attempted reconciliation with Summerdale are just too weird to explain otherwise.