Author Topic: Dwilight IC and OOC updates and news!  (Read 254222 times)

Vellos

• Honourable King
  • Stodgy Old Man in Training
    • View Profile
Re: Dwilight IC and OOC updates and news!
« Reply #60: March 07, 2011, 08:47:29 PM »
Yeah, I remember that. The message you sent about it was pretty funny.

But regardless, the fact that Terran is just too far away for SA to do anything about it is really the main reason that nothing was done. Do you really expect Astrum, Corsanctum, and Morek to send huge armies all the way across the island, land in Paisly, and march up to Chesney or Chateau Saffalore? It's not like Caerwyn would let us march through their lands. We have some big armies and a lot of gold, but there are still limits on what can be done.

Oh, I know it was mostly just a distance thing; the same issue you now have with Madina, I guess. It's just so darn far away.

I think there are actually few religions with a more complex relationship to SA than Triunism. Triunist priests, Metis and Hireshmont, are quite moderate, advocate compromise, and view SA as a variant. The powerful laity, such as the temple-sacker Dallas and another guy O'domus, tend to view Astroists as a bit above snakes and a bit below rats. So when they do something hostile against SA, like sack a temple, I end up having to clean up their mess.

I'm curious how that all looked on your end, though. Did the issue even get much discussion?
"A neutral humanism is either a pedantic artifice or a prologue to the inhuman." - George Steiner