Author Topic: Dwilight IC and OOC updates and news!  (Read 254710 times)

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
Re: Dwilight IC and OOC updates and news!
« Reply #720: June 28, 2011, 01:55:09 AM »
I actually asked Sword that very question. Never got a real response though. The impression I got was they were from a land we have not ventured onto, though someone else in DOA did suggest that they were some horrible mutation from the sunken war islands, Human nobles cursed into their current form.

lol, if that's so, that's yet another piece of cultist lore later discovered in BM mythology.

I mean really, didn't you all know by now that monsters were mutated humans? I thought it was obvious.  ;)
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

songqu88@gmail.com

« Reply #721: June 28, 2011, 02:15:51 AM »
Well, not all of them, unless in BM, "Monster" is used in a Nietzscean sense more aligned with twisted morals rather than a physical transformation. Or perhaps it's a Kafka deal where the change is both physical and more.

De-Legro

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #722: June 28, 2011, 02:36:37 AM »
lol, if that's so, that's yet another piece of cultist lore later discovered in BM mythology.

I mean really, didn't you all know by now that monsters were mutated humans? I thought it was obvious.  ;)

It was often implied that the NPC monster characters were MUCH different from the monster troops they commanded. Exactly what the link between the characters and the monsters where was never clear, but I believe that like the humans that joined the monster realm, they required a seal of power to control their armies.
Previously of the De-Legro Family
Now of representation unknown.

songqu88@gmail.com

« Reply #723: June 28, 2011, 02:40:38 AM »
When I first read about it I likened it to the Command Seals in Fate/Stay Night. Further lols came when you realize that Gilgamesh is one of the major antagonists in all routes and is the final boss in the UBW route. Then recall that the monsters were all "treasures" of Gilgamesh.

De-Legro

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #724: June 28, 2011, 05:50:05 AM »
When I first read about it I likened it to the Command Seals in Fate/Stay Night. Further lols came when you realize that Gilgamesh is one of the major antagonists in all routes and is the final boss in the UBW route. Then recall that the monsters were all "treasures" of Gilgamesh.

Yes I also made that link.
Previously of the De-Legro Family
Now of representation unknown.

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #725: June 28, 2011, 12:52:04 PM »
It was often implied that the NPC monster characters were MUCH different from the monster troops they commanded. Exactly what the link between the characters and the monsters where was never clear, but I believe that like the humans that joined the monster realm, they required a seal of power to control their armies.

Mutations need not be the same for all.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

songqu88@gmail.com

« Reply #726: June 28, 2011, 01:54:22 PM »
Could also be scale of classification. We call humans, dogs, rats, coral, and sponges, all animals. In that case we group them according to kingdom. Maybe monster is a blanket term for a bunch of things, possibly higher order than kingdom, though most likely lower than domain, thus making it BM's fictional second highest order of classification.

I say that it must be lower than domain because I am pretty sure humans couldn't tell the difference between bacteria and archaea at this time. I say that it is most likely higher than kingdom because I believe that in talking about "monsters", there are not only animal monsters like those humanoid mammalians on BT, but also plant monsters like those fantasy carnivorous plants. And if not yet, then there should be. That would explain a lot of things that happen in the forests of midsouthwest Dwilight.

vanKaya

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #727: June 28, 2011, 03:21:13 PM »
There could also be a lotr style Orc vs Uruk- hai type deal going on
Fyodor, Terran.   Vitaly, Enweil.

Perth

• Honourable King
  • Current Character: Kemen
    • View Profile
« Reply #728: June 28, 2011, 07:50:21 PM »
I think there was like a Dwilight Monster Compendium project going on at some point. I think it's still laying around on the Wiki somewhere.
"A tale is but half told when only one person tells it." - The Saga of Grettir the Strong
- Current: Kemen (D'hara) - Past: Kerwin (Eston), Kale (Phantaria, Terran, Melodia)

JPierreD

• Mighty Duke
  • Hippiemancer Extraordinaire
    • View Profile
d'Arricarrère Family: Torpius (All around Dwilight), Felicie (Riombara), Frederic (Riombara) and Luc (Eponllyn).

Perth

• Honourable King
  • Current Character: Kemen
    • View Profile
« Reply #730: June 29, 2011, 10:08:21 AM »
http://wiki.battlemaster.org/wiki/Poryatown_Press/Monster_Compendium

Nice.

Pretty cool idea. Would be neat to see the Dwilight University take this project up in some shape or form maybe.
"A tale is but half told when only one person tells it." - The Saga of Grettir the Strong
- Current: Kemen (D'hara) - Past: Kerwin (Eston), Kale (Phantaria, Terran, Melodia)

Laurens88

• Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #731: June 29, 2011, 11:27:49 AM »
Lolz, I even worked in that years ago!  8)

Vaylon Kenadell

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
    • Vaylon's Website
« Reply #732: July 04, 2011, 12:22:49 PM »
Are other realms on Dwilight having trouble with monsters? It seems to me as though we have 20-30 monsters appearing every three days.

Edit: Also, aren't you supposed to receive automatic reports when monsters show up in your realm or region?
« Last Edit: July 04, 2011, 12:29:36 PM by Vaylon Kenadell »

Sacha

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #733: July 04, 2011, 12:33:33 PM »
You are not... You get a report when a horde spawns in your location or an adjacent one, but not when they move in from somewhere else. You'll only get battle reports if there is one, and reports of them rampaging the region after they've arrived.

It's a common problem for realms with a wide border on the rogue lands. Luria Nova currently has 9,000 CS of monsters in two regions... good times.

Nosferatus

• Testers
  • Mighty Duke
  • Too weird to live, too rare to die
    • View Profile
« Reply #734: July 04, 2011, 12:36:34 PM »
Are other realms on Dwilight having trouble with monsters? It seems to me as though we have 20-30 monsters appearing every three days.

Edit: Also, aren't you supposed to receive automatic reports when monsters show up in your realm or region?

also, winter is coming, a jolly season full of endless, massive rogue invasions under the worse weather conditions and  living on the food supplies of a hopefully fertile autum.
Formerly playing the Nosferatus and Bhrantan Family.
Currently playing the Polytus Family in: Gotland, Madina, Astrum, Outer Tilog