Author Topic: Dwilight IC and OOC updates and news!  (Read 254456 times)

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
Re: Dwilight IC and OOC updates and news!
« Reply #750: July 10, 2011, 09:56:32 PM »
It is indeed big and what makes it feel bigger? the travel time between regions. It is still longer than other continents.

I dunno, I found the travel times on the Colonies to be rather dreadful.

Mind you, when it first started, the distance between Sprindale and its doughnut was pretty bad.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

egamma

« Reply #751: July 11, 2011, 04:53:34 AM »
I dunno, I found the travel times on the Colonies to be rather dreadful.

Mind you, when it first started, the distance between Sprindale and its doughnut was pretty bad.

Travel times in the Colonies are "normal" for a 2 turn island. the problem, of course, is that this means that what would normally be a 4 day trip, takes 8 days. I would love to see travel times cut in half, or by at least 20%.

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #752: July 11, 2011, 05:02:51 AM »
Travel times in the Colonies are "normal" for a 2 turn island. the problem, of course, is that this means that what would normally be a 4 day trip, takes 8 days. I would love to see travel times cut in half, or by at least 20%.

I'm not convinced. The regions there are mostly rather freakin' huge. I recall travel times being horrible, *on top* of only having one turn and 8 hours a day.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Sacha

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #753: July 11, 2011, 03:04:19 PM »
Foreign Leave   (6 hours ago)
Flame has abdicated (automatically, due to inactivity).

Screamer has abdicated (automatically, due to inactivity).

Oskaa has abdicated (automatically, due to inactivity).

Interesting...

egamma

« Reply #754: July 11, 2011, 07:52:35 PM »
Flame has abdicated (automatically, due to inactivity).

Screamer has abdicated (automatically, due to inactivity).

Oskaa has abdicated (automatically, due to inactivity).

Interesting...

GM for Zuma perhaps?

Vaylon Kenadell

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
    • Vaylon's Website
« Reply #755: July 12, 2011, 06:10:10 PM »
Words cannot express how angry I am about the blatant multi-accounting occurring right now on Dwilight. No, I don't have any proof, but it's damn suspicious.

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #756: July 12, 2011, 06:52:51 PM »
Words cannot express how angry I am about the blatant multi-accounting occurring right now on Dwilight. No, I don't have any proof, but it's damn suspicious.

Please report any suspected multis to the Titans. Even if you have no proof, they have the tools to investigate.

Public accusations really serve no purpose. 99% of the people you're talking to can't do anything at all about it. And several of those who can do something about it, don't read these forums. (But they do read Titans reports.)
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Sacha

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #757: July 12, 2011, 07:13:25 PM »
GM for Zuma perhaps?

Definitely. I wonder what would happen to the Zuma if the GM auto-paused...

songqu88@gmail.com

« Reply #758: July 12, 2011, 07:20:10 PM »
You'll probably get nothing further about the Zuma if that happened and it would all seem like a bunch of fairy tales to scare people.

Sacha

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #759: July 12, 2011, 07:31:09 PM »
One can only hope...

songqu88@gmail.com

« Reply #760: July 12, 2011, 07:43:34 PM »
It doesn't even affect you all the way in the East anyway.

Bedwyr

• Mighty Duke
  • House Bedwyr
    • View Profile
« Reply #761: July 12, 2011, 08:15:09 PM »

As Rob said, the Titans have pretty sophisticated tools to investigate this stuff once they have a list of accounts to start looking at, but if they don't get any tips on where to look, it's not easy to figure out where to start.

You're not going to get penalized if the Titans decide they aren't multis, either.  People who are working to try and make the game better are appreciated, even more so if they go through the proper channels  :)
"You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here!"

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #762: July 12, 2011, 11:25:32 PM »
As Rob said, the Titans have pretty sophisticated tools to investigate this stuff once they have a list of accounts to start looking at, but if they don't get any tips on where to look, it's not easy to figure out where to start.

You're not going to get penalized if the Titans decide they aren't multis, either.  People who are working to try and make the game better are appreciated, even more so if they go through the proper channels  :)

Have the titans gotten less lazy? Last time I pointed them to very fishy people, they just shrugged and basically said "Meh, you didn't provide conclusive evidence" and closed the issue.

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #763: July 13, 2011, 12:30:49 AM »
Have the titans gotten less lazy? Last time I pointed them to very fishy people, they just shrugged and basically said "Meh, you didn't provide conclusive evidence" and closed the issue.

And when was that?
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #764: July 13, 2011, 01:10:43 AM »
And when was that?

A few weeks before DoA declared war on Enweil, if I remember correctly.