Author Topic: Dwilight IC and OOC updates and news!  (Read 254681 times)

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
Re: Dwilight IC and OOC updates and news!
« Reply #765: July 13, 2011, 02:40:53 AM »
A few weeks before DoA declared war on Enweil, if I remember correctly.

So, "years ago."

Things change. Or had you never noticed that?
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

Vellos

• Honourable King
  • Stodgy Old Man in Training
    • View Profile
« Reply #766: July 13, 2011, 03:58:55 AM »
Have the titans gotten less lazy? Last time I pointed them to very fishy people, they just shrugged and basically said "Meh, you didn't provide conclusive evidence" and closed the issue.

I've reported things to the Titans several times, and they have almost always pursued it within a few days, and generally have ended up locking (at least some of the) accounts I've reported. I generally present a several-thousand-word case outlining all available evidence with the report, though. Limit the amount of research they have to do, links to family accounts, important dates, etc.
"A neutral humanism is either a pedantic artifice or a prologue to the inhuman." - George Steiner

Vellos

• Honourable King
  • Stodgy Old Man in Training
    • View Profile
« Reply #767: July 13, 2011, 03:59:55 AM »
You'll probably get nothing further about the Zuma if that happened and it would all seem like a bunch of fairy tales to scare people.

Which would be kinda cool.... except it would make Terran's situation much harder...
"A neutral humanism is either a pedantic artifice or a prologue to the inhuman." - George Steiner

songqu88@gmail.com

« Reply #768: July 13, 2011, 04:01:38 AM »
You'll get to make up stories or something. On the other hand, there could be a completely different outcome, but yeah, no...Not up to me to talk about it. ^_^

Sacha

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #769: July 13, 2011, 04:52:29 AM »
The two last Titan reports I filed not too long ago were reported as accepted within a day or so after reporting it... but after that, the only thing I heard was crickets...

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #770: July 13, 2011, 05:09:07 AM »
So, "years ago."

Things change. Or had you never noticed that?

Years? Not that much, now. DoA declared war on Enweil not that long before the invasion started. And I seem to recall this invasion not lasting as long as the previous one. 14 months or so ago, I'd say.

I haven't reported any fishy behavior since, so I didn't have any opportunities to notice any change. I don't expect much turnover within the titan ranks, though.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #771: July 13, 2011, 02:57:19 PM »
Which would be kinda cool.... except it would make Terran's situation much harder...
Without that daimon-powered-monster-grinder you'd see the insane monster levels Astrum and PeL (and LN to a lesser extent) get.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

egamma

« Reply #772: July 13, 2011, 07:49:50 PM »
I reported a possible SMA violation on DWI and received a response in less than 24 hours-that was this week.

Titan activity may vary per continent.

(edit: there is now a single pool of titans game-wide, per another post today)
« Last Edit: July 13, 2011, 10:19:55 PM by egamma »

Velax

• Honourable King
  • House de Vere
    • View Profile
« Reply #773: July 13, 2011, 07:58:33 PM »
Same. I reported an SMA violation and received acknowledgement and resolution within a couple of days.

vanKaya

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #774: July 20, 2011, 02:10:48 PM »
Itau secedes to form a new realm.. Interesting move, I'll be curious to know what the relations between the Caerwyn and Itau will be like.

I know very little about how that wars going? Has Caerwyn been able to turn it around at all or are the SA armies continuing to make headway? And what effect has winter had on everything?
Fyodor, Terran.   Vitaly, Enweil.

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #775: July 20, 2011, 02:19:26 PM »
Itau secedes to form a new realm.. Interesting move, I'll be curious to know what the relations between the Caerwyn and Itau will be like.
Unfortunately, there appear to be some serious bugs affecting the secession. I'm not sure Itauland will survive long enough to actually have any kind of a relationship with anyone.

I know very little about how that wars going? Has Caerwyn been able to turn it around at all or are the SA armies continuing to make headway? And what effect has winter had on everything?
No, they have not. But they still have a chance to get it together. There's still some time left in winter, and then time for armies to march.

As for the effects of winter, it slows everything down. No one really marches to attack in winter. Also, Golden Farrow is apparently starving. Pop keeps dropping.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Geronus

• Honourable King
  • Dum dee dum dee dum
    • View Profile
« Reply #776: July 20, 2011, 02:29:47 PM »
No, they have not. But they still have a chance to get it together. There's still some time left in winter, and then time for armies to march.

As for the effects of winter, it slows everything down. No one really marches to attack in winter. Also, Golden Farrow is apparently starving. Pop keeps dropping.

We've been focusing on getting some of our regions back and retrenching a bit. When travel opens up, we'll no doubt be back in the saddle.

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #777: July 20, 2011, 11:36:03 PM »
Secession to avoid starvation? That has to be the worst argument or cover I've ever heard.

If anything, it'll hurt production in Cearwyn and will therefore reduce the regional food supply. Truly shooting themselves in the foot...
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Telrunya

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #778: July 20, 2011, 11:40:28 PM »
Doomed to fail, really. No attempt to get recognition from other Realms beforehand at all. I wouldn't bet money on it surviving.

Sacha

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #779: July 20, 2011, 11:40:50 PM »
But fun to watch!