Author Topic: Dwilight IC and OOC updates and news!  (Read 254456 times)

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
Re: Dwilight IC and OOC updates and news!
« Reply #105: March 14, 2011, 06:32:58 PM »
how's that for RP consistency? reeks like powergaming ...

That's things that Pian en Luries did. Which is ruled by a dev. That is, starving the city into revolt and forcing it to secede.

I can't think of anything wrong with simply banning him, if the option is present, but that is likely to just make him secede anyways. Or switch to GDoF.

As for the general thing, it's been done in rebellions since way before I joined up. All of the rebellion guides on the wiki tell you to recruit the general to have him scrap the militia before the rebellion. I've never seen anyone make a fuss about it, so I don't see why it wouldn't be alright in this case. After all, scrapping militia ain't free, and the duke can always recruit them back.

IMO, goes farther for RP consistency than just moving your capital away to a far-off region because the duke won't do anything anymore.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Nosferatus

• Testers
  • Mighty Duke
  • Too weird to live, too rare to die
    • View Profile
« Reply #106: March 14, 2011, 07:28:18 PM »
Theres lots of Rp consistency, a bunch of people would like to extend there amount of power in the realm and my character wants his city back.
It's been going on for a long time now and caused many intresting roleplays and interaction with people and even a unique item was involved and so on.
Formerly playing the Nosferatus and Bhrantan Family.
Currently playing the Polytus Family in: Gotland, Madina, Astrum, Outer Tilog

Bedwyr

• Mighty Duke
  • House Bedwyr
    • View Profile
« Reply #107: March 14, 2011, 07:55:19 PM »
That's things that Pian en Luries did. Which is ruled by a dev. That is, starving the city into revolt and forcing it to secede.

Starving a city as part of a siege is the oldest trick in the book when you can't take the walls.  Forcing it to secede is an actual mechanic now, so clearly that's not a problem.  The General that got rid of all the militia did it to the capital in preparation for a rebellion, as he was working with the people who got kicked out.

I've got to say that the internal fighting and politics of PeL is more interesting than most realms' external diplomacy.
"You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here!"

Shizzle

• Mighty Duke
  • Skyndarbau, Yusklin, Yarvik, Werend and Kayne
    • View Profile
« Reply #108: March 14, 2011, 10:38:18 PM »

I've got to say that the internal fighting and politics of PeL is more interesting than most realms' external diplomacy.

Too bad the Giaskan rebellion failed:)

Geronus

• Honourable King
  • Dum dee dum dee dum
    • View Profile
« Reply #109: March 15, 2011, 03:20:06 AM »
We managed to build a SA temple right next to Caerwyn and not start a war (much to the displeasure of a few SA people), does that deserve a medal? or do only anti SA actions get those?

I'll give you a medal for that. It flat out amazes me the extent to which SA is maligned, vilified, and reviled outside of our little bubble.

Sacha

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #110: March 15, 2011, 04:38:34 AM »
Too bad the Giaskan rebellion failed:)

Oh, given PeL's history it's only a matter of time before the next round of civil strife begins :P Place your bets now!

Sacha

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #111: March 15, 2011, 04:52:52 AM »
how's that for RP consistency? reeks like powergaming ...

How's cutting an entire duchy from your realm, splitting it in half, even close to powergaming? The Judge had a referendum running to impeach Alanna, so she didn't have the luxury of waiting around and risk losing her throne. So, she did what she had to do to torpedo the referendum, aka boot out everyone voting against her in one swift blow (ironically she ended up losing the referendum anyway due to a bug in the code, which was kinda funny). It's perfectly in line with how Alanna protects her interests. If even half the rulers in the game were as ruthless as her, BM would be infinitely more interesting. And that's coming from someone she had kicked out right after the civil war :P

As for starving a city out, that really isn't anything new. I'd been hoarding food in Askileon for months while Giask and Poryatown were starving. I'm still amazed that in all that time the banker didn't even notice that one duchy was sitting on thousands of bushels while the other two barely scraped enough food together to sustain themselves, let alone grow. That was my way of making sure my duchy stayed on top. Alanna never forced me or even asked me to do that, and I'm not even sure she knew just how much I had stockpiled since the only other person who could check on my warehouses never did.

Shizzle

• Mighty Duke
  • Skyndarbau, Yusklin, Yarvik, Werend and Kayne
    • View Profile
« Reply #112: March 15, 2011, 10:51:09 AM »
How's cutting an entire duchy from your realm, splitting it in half, even close to powergaming? The Judge had a referendum running to impeach Alanna, so she didn't have the luxury of waiting around and risk losing her throne. So, she did what she had to do to torpedo the referendum, aka boot out everyone voting against her in one swift blow (ironically she ended up losing the referendum anyway due to a bug in the code, which was kinda funny). It's perfectly in line with how Alanna protects her interests. If even half the rulers in the game were as ruthless as her, BM would be infinitely more interesting. And that's coming from someone she had kicked out right after the civil war :P

As for starving a city out, that really isn't anything new. I'd been hoarding food in Askileon for months while Giask and Poryatown were starving. I'm still amazed that in all that time the banker didn't even notice that one duchy was sitting on thousands of bushels while the other two barely scraped enough food together to sustain themselves, let alone grow. That was my way of making sure my duchy stayed on top. Alanna never forced me or even asked me to do that, and I'm not even sure she knew just how much I had stockpiled since the only other person who could check on my warehouses never did.

I was hoping for someone to prove me wrong and provide some more info :) Silly banker :p

Well, @Fissoa it's waiting for another civil war, I guess :) Btw, howmany nobles does PeL count? That would provide easier comparison than #regions...

Zakilevo

« Reply #113: March 16, 2011, 04:36:18 AM »
Which realm is the best realm to play in? I've been in Astrum for almost a year but things I've done so far are fighting monsters and winning tournaments. Except that crusade. It wasn't bad except it took literally a week to attack Storms Keep. Pressing travel and presetting wasn't really the most fun part.

De-Legro

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #114: March 16, 2011, 04:52:26 AM »
The best realm is almost always the one you put the effort into. All realms seem to be exciting once you take part in some of the higher planning and politicking, but you are going to have to put in the effort to get to that position.
Previously of the De-Legro Family
Now of representation unknown.

DoctorHarte

• Mighty Duke
  • Stoned on BattleMaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #115: March 16, 2011, 09:27:10 AM »
I like how this convo has gone on with no Caerwyn input.

Well, I am Caerwyn's judge and for a long time now we've been plotting to war with Astrum! You'll all see it in your events by now. It's the perfect time to do so, too, with Morek out of the game for a bit. We've known about Astrum's plots and schemes for a while now, but have played the "cowardice" card pretty well! Astrum's leaders looked away from us and actually thought we'd go along with their little Federation XD!

Well now it's time for a real war! Astrum is gonna get beat with those monsters up in Gaston, some 40 Averothians to the north and Caerwyn's might to the south. Have fun, you're all in for a rough ride.. not that I get to join in... gotta maintain regions and all that jazz.
New Harte Family: Eros (Vix Tiramora, EC), Nyx (Fronen, BT), Chance (Avernus, DW), Scopuli (Gothica, Colonies)

Old Harte Family: Hyperion (Aurvandil, DW), William (IVF, BT), Katrina (Fronen, BT), Callandor II (Ohnar West, FE)

Sacha

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #116: March 16, 2011, 09:57:57 AM »
Uh... hate to burst your bubble, pal, but Astrum has been expecting war with Caerwyn for quite some time now ;)

DoctorHarte

• Mighty Duke
  • Stoned on BattleMaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #117: March 16, 2011, 10:05:39 AM »
We still have a few tricks up our sleeves  :P It will turn into a mighty good war, though, rather than all those 1-sided fights we've been seeing
New Harte Family: Eros (Vix Tiramora, EC), Nyx (Fronen, BT), Chance (Avernus, DW), Scopuli (Gothica, Colonies)

Old Harte Family: Hyperion (Aurvandil, DW), William (IVF, BT), Katrina (Fronen, BT), Callandor II (Ohnar West, FE)

De-Legro

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #118: March 16, 2011, 10:53:45 AM »
Caerwyn must have changed since I was last there then. Cause back then I wouldn't have trusted them in a war against a much smaller realm, let alone Astrum.
Previously of the De-Legro Family
Now of representation unknown.

Peri

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #119: March 16, 2011, 11:46:47 AM »
I like how this convo has gone on with no Caerwyn input.

Well, I am Caerwyn's judge and for a long time now we've been plotting to war with Astrum! You'll all see it in your events by now. It's the perfect time to do so, too, with Morek out of the game for a bit. We've known about Astrum's plots and schemes for a while now, but have played the "cowardice" card pretty well! Astrum's leaders looked away from us and actually thought we'd go along with their little Federation XD!

Well now it's time for a real war! Astrum is gonna get beat with those monsters up in Gaston, some 40 Averothians to the north and Caerwyn's might to the south. Have fun, you're all in for a rough ride.. not that I get to join in... gotta maintain regions and all that jazz.

The fun part is that Astrum had no plots or schemes whatsoever :D