Author Topic: Dwilight IC and OOC updates and news!  (Read 252927 times)

songqu88@gmail.com

Re: Dwilight IC and OOC updates and news!
« Reply #300: April 25, 2011, 04:54:06 PM »
What secessionist realm? Still, the southeast is kind of isolated in its own little world. I am skeptical about the global effect people in Askileon and Giask have, so I shall ask the guys in Astrum, Caerwyn, and Morek.

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #301: April 26, 2011, 03:31:10 PM »
What secessionist realm?

Aurvandil, in Candiels.

Personally, I think the formation of Aurvandil is a huge step toward civilizing the southwest. Now they just need to make peace with Madina, so they can start expanding up the mainland.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Nosferatus

• Testers
  • Mighty Duke
  • Too weird to live, too rare to die
    • View Profile
« Reply #302: April 26, 2011, 03:37:58 PM »
Aurvandil, in Candiels.

Personally, I think the formation of Aurvandil is a huge step toward civilizing the southwest. Now they just need to make peace with Madina, so they can start expanding up the mainland.

I agree, i always wanted to see Twainville civilized, and all that precious food production to the west of it.
Perhaps now is the chance.
Formerly playing the Nosferatus and Bhrantan Family.
Currently playing the Polytus Family in: Gotland, Madina, Astrum, Outer Tilog

Vellos

• Honourable King
  • Stodgy Old Man in Training
    • View Profile
« Reply #303: April 26, 2011, 04:34:52 PM »

Perhaps? No, not perhaps.

D'hara is resurgent and organized, Terran is strong and stable, a well-supported colony is in Rettleville, and Candiels is a capital. This is the closest we've ever come.
"A neutral humanism is either a pedantic artifice or a prologue to the inhuman." - George Steiner

Bael

• Mighty Duke
  • Have sword, will travel!
    • View Profile
« Reply #304: April 26, 2011, 05:32:07 PM »
Time to get a look at what's happening down in Barca first-hand :)

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #305: April 26, 2011, 05:47:40 PM »
I agree, i always wanted to see Twainville civilized, and all that precious food production to the west of it.

Only if you and Aurvandil can make peace...

...and fight off the monster hordes.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

Nosferatus

• Testers
  • Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #306: April 26, 2011, 08:41:44 PM »
Only if you and Aurvandil can make peace...

...and fight off the monster hordes.

Abbot can generally overcome his emotions by reasoning.
But as stated before, Aurvendil and Madina are both not able to fight each other nor help each other.
When one of the parties finally overcomes these problems they will probably make the other side sign 'there' treaty,
I had in mind a re-secession, but now well planned and in cooperation with each other instead of in an act of betrayal.

Shizzle

• Mighty Duke
  • Skyndarbau, Yusklin, Yarvik, Werend and Kayne
    • View Profile
« Reply #307: April 26, 2011, 10:43:03 PM »
I can say Fissoa might step in as a peace-keeping force. We see Aurvandil as our brethren, and Madina as our longtime friends. It is hard to see them both fight like that.

Or we could take over Madina-city and force you to become friends  ::) Statistics show our army easily bests both realms :p (militia are included though :/)

DoctorHarte

• Mighty Duke
  • Stoned on BattleMaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #308: April 27, 2011, 10:12:34 AM »
The war in the north is somewhat slow as it is winter. But it is fun to watch from the border with my new title as Earl of Walefishire. :P
New Harte Family: Eros (Vix Tiramora, EC), Nyx (Fronen, BT), Chance (Avernus, DW), Scopuli (Gothica, Colonies)

Old Harte Family: Hyperion (Aurvandil, DW), William (IVF, BT), Katrina (Fronen, BT), Callandor II (Ohnar West, FE)

Galvez

• Mighty Duke
  • Veni, Vidi, Vici
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #309: April 27, 2011, 11:33:28 PM »
I can say Fissoa might step in as a peace-keeping force. We see Aurvandil as our brethren, and Madina as our longtime friends. It is hard to see them both fight like that.

Or we could take over Madina-city and force you to become friends  ::) Statistics show our army easily bests both realms :p (militia are included though :/)
Would be interesting were you to take Madina city. Might even help Madina regaining there former lands if you are to trade the city for peace between Madina and Aurvandil. Though, I don't think it will be good for the relation between Fissoa and Madina.
"Men willingly believe what they wish." - Julius Caesar

Shizzle

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #310: April 28, 2011, 03:40:20 PM »
Would be interesting were you to take Madina city. Might even help Madina regaining there former lands if you are to trade the city for peace between Madina and Aurvandil. Though, I don't think it will be good for the relation between Fissoa and Madina.
hence why we haven't stepped in yet :) worst thing would be if we were seen as the agressor...
it's not sure yet, but very probable that we will intervene. Seeing that Aurvandil could be seen as a new Grand Duchy of sorts.

Nosferatus

• Testers
  • Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #311: April 28, 2011, 04:34:39 PM »
hence why we haven't stepped in yet :) worst thing would be if we were seen as the agressor...
it's not sure yet, but very probable that we will intervene. Seeing that Aurvandil could be seen as a new Grand Duchy of sorts.

yeah why is it that fissoa sees aurvendel as brothers or even as similar?
All you have in common is perhaps possible size and the fact that your capital is on the edge of the two continents.
There is nothing else there is in common.

Fissoa is founded by Leon, Eldrond and some other fissoans, in full suport and coopertion with the republic, it's government and Abbot.
Aurvendel was founded by banned nobles from Librero Empire from a failed rebellion, they where received with open arms by Fionn and some others in Madina and where very quickly given the duchy of Candiels whom they eventually succeeded after a long periode of isolation( they did not help in fatmilak isle against monsters while other armies form other duchies did help them) and the revolt in Madina, without a single word on the subject before.
They planned it in secret and then seceeded creating a civil war between the republic and candiels.
Fissoa was founded under the complete opposite circumstances.

There is no religious similarities nor cultural(it's founders come from the exact opposite of the map), Fissoa is more centralized than Madina, but no where close to an absolute monarchy, last i checked fissoa was a sort of feudal monarchy with a powerful duke and a council of lords, no where near the philosophy of Aurvendel, more close to the fuadal republic in Madina.

I see no grounds except location of the realm that would create a feeling of brotherhood or what so ever.
Perhaps it's the philosophy to keep realms small.
That is not the sole philosophy on which aurvendel is founded, i am certain it is mostly founded because of the will to rule there own realm(as was clear in the libero rebbellion, quite certainly ooc friends).

I was quite surprised to see fissoa care so little about the civil war and de civilisation of Madina.
Bonds between Fissoa and Madina apparently have seriously dropped the last year, perhaps it was the isolationism of Governor Sage.
Abbot has always kept sending some letters on regular basis.
Lets pray to god there won't be a governor as boring as Sage anymore...

Telrunya

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #312: April 28, 2011, 06:01:12 PM »
A combination of prominent Nobles from Madina being in Aurvandil, Abbot not having a good reputation with his neighbours and lots of worrying news and letters coming from Madina have all done no good to Madina's reputation. That is what why Fissoa isn't so keen on giving support.

Nosferatus

• Testers
  • Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #313: April 28, 2011, 06:29:10 PM »
A combination of prominent Nobles from Madina being in Aurvandil, Abbot not having a good reputation with his neighbours and lots of worrying news and letters coming from Madina have all done no good to Madina's reputation. That is what why Fissoa isn't so keen on giving support.

I know of that, but i think most of those worrying letters is bull, i read alot of mendicants propaganda, it was quite funny.
Sage, the one that spoke not even a single word with fissoa for a year, is one of those prominent nobles as well as fionn, who made the mistake in entrusting the rebels this duchy.
I like to hear that abbot is finally getting a bad reputation though :P

Shizzle

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #314: April 29, 2011, 01:02:55 AM »
Abbot seems to be driving Madina into something reminding the Fissoans of PeL (or the Tyrant Slade). We'd fight anyone slightly similar to PeL :)