Author Topic: Dwilight IC and OOC updates and news!  (Read 254456 times)

Zakilevo

Re: Dwilight IC and OOC updates and news!
« Reply #405: May 19, 2011, 08:31:00 AM »
wth? I thought you could not claim an adventurer to be your half brother in SMA?

Shenron

• Noble Lord
  • Come and play people ;)
    • View Profile
« Reply #406: May 19, 2011, 09:10:15 AM »
Hi everyone. I play Shin. My side of the story is that a lord contacted Shin and asked the commoner to be punished for insulting him (the lord didn't specify why.) Being a noble bigot, Shin did not talk to the commoner or even ask for his side of the story: simply taking the lords request as grounds for punishment which conveniently translated to Shin's mind as "take his gold."

After Skynderbau announced he wanted "rights" for commoners with the support of the ruler, Shin went into rage and put laws in aimed to persecute anyone who goes for commoner rights. I suspect if other nobles hadn't used the word rights then Shin wouldn't be so harsh. However now it can't be reversed because Shin now views many of the nobles to be distrusted for their "dangerous" views.

Personally I feel sorry for the guy who plays the adventurer..... I'm just trying to play my character a harsh and conservative, politican: and trying to be serious about it...  :-\

My language: (Apologies for any confusion this results in.)
Awesome = Ossim
Tom = Tarm

Jens Namtrah

« Reply #407: May 19, 2011, 09:21:45 AM »

Personally I feel sorry for the guy who plays the adventurer..... I'm just trying to play my character a harsh and conservative, politican: and trying to be serious about it...  :-\

don't worry - this is the first time I've found playing an advy to be genuinely interesting. I'm glad to see every one has been able to keep it IC, and to let their chars react like they normally would. Gold isn't so hard to collect with so many beasts around.

Adriddae

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #408: May 19, 2011, 09:24:44 AM »
What about these scribes that nobles keep blaming, berating, and beating? If you give adventurers rights, why shouldn't you give these scribes rights? I would imagine these people to be learned men having the ability to read and write. Much more useful than blundering adventurers.

Nosferatus

• Testers
  • Mighty Duke
  • Too weird to live, too rare to die
    • View Profile
« Reply #409: May 19, 2011, 09:45:16 AM »
perhaps it's more fun to role play a sort of permission to venture for commoners.
I mean they should actually work on the land, in reality if you give these commoners right you actually reward people to run off from the fields.
the effect should be trained production or even population, i am not sure if a game mechanic can exist like that.

by role playing permissions you can justify a guild, they have to buy the permission or swear a new sort of oath for example that binds them to a certain lord or task.
Formerly playing the Nosferatus and Bhrantan Family.
Currently playing the Polytus Family in: Gotland, Madina, Astrum, Outer Tilog

Shizzle

• Mighty Duke
  • Skyndarbau, Yusklin, Yarvik, Werend and Kayne
    • View Profile
« Reply #410: May 19, 2011, 09:58:40 AM »
Hi everyone. I play Shin. My side of the story is that a lord contacted Shin and asked the commoner to be punished for insulting him (the lord didn't specify why.) Being a noble bigot, Shin did not talk to the commoner or even ask for his side of the story: simply taking the lords request as grounds for punishment which conveniently translated to Shin's mind as "take his gold."

After Skynderbau announced he wanted "rights" for commoners with the support of the ruler, Shin went into rage and put laws in aimed to persecute anyone who goes for commoner rights. I suspect if other nobles hadn't used the word rights then Shin wouldn't be so harsh. However now it can't be reversed because Shin now views many of the nobles to be distrusted for their "dangerous" views.

:) that's okay man! It's bringing Fissoa alive, for once :P

Your writing is impressive by the way. I wasn't joking when Skyndarbau said he didn't understand the word 'conundrum' ;)

And now, a noble called Rauffe de Grenefeld is randomly punishing advies, by attempting assasinations. I didn't even know Fissoa /had/ an assasin! Well, I guess he's unexperienced, though, as his first victim managed to scare him off :P

From a discussion that got out of hand, this is getting increasingly interesting.

Shenron

• Noble Lord
  • Come and play people ;)
    • View Profile
« Reply #411: May 19, 2011, 01:29:52 PM »
don't worry - this is the first time I've found playing an advy to be genuinely interesting. I'm glad to see every one has been able to keep it IC, and to let their chars react like they normally would. Gold isn't so hard to collect with so many beasts around.

Your writing is impressive by the way. I wasn't joking when Skyndarbau said he didn't understand the word 'conundrum' ;)

And now, a noble called Rauffe de Grenefeld is randomly punishing advies, by attempting assasinations. I didn't even know Fissoa /had/ an assasin! Well, I guess he's unexperienced, though, as his first victim managed to scare him off :P

From a discussion that got out of hand, this is getting increasingly interesting.

You guys are really cool people  8)

Thanks for being so awesome.
My language: (Apologies for any confusion this results in.)
Awesome = Ossim
Tom = Tarm

Shizzle

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #412: May 19, 2011, 01:52:04 PM »
Well, thank you for making the game worthwile!

I realise now how important it is to separate IC and OOC. If I acted like Skyndarbau, I'd never get along with you, Shane. :D

Geronus

• Honourable King
  • Dum dee dum dee dum
    • View Profile
« Reply #413: May 19, 2011, 02:25:59 PM »

That's probably the foolhardiest way to train as an infiltrator that I can imagine. Adventurers make their living single-handedly killing extremely scary creatures - they tend to be very, very good swordsmen. Not the easiest targets.

Shizzle

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #414: May 19, 2011, 02:50:47 PM »
That's probably the foolhardiest way to train as an infiltrator that I can imagine. Adventurers make their living single-handedly killing extremely scary creatures - they tend to be very, very good swordsmen. Not the easiest targets.

Exactly. My new advy already hits 30% swordsmanskill or something.

Telrunya

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #415: May 19, 2011, 04:54:43 PM »

Adventurers are limited by their equipment though and I assume that also holds for Infiltrator Attacks. It's pretty expensive to upgrade all your gear.

Nerukou

• Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #416: May 19, 2011, 05:33:08 PM »

I'm quite good, actually. But have you ever tried stabbing an advy? It's not as easy as you think. Quick little bastards, I'll give them that. It's because I am so good I didn't end up in prison myself.

Shizzle

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #417: May 19, 2011, 05:45:55 PM »
You're playing the de Grenefeld family?

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #418: May 19, 2011, 05:51:35 PM »
Y'know, Nerukou, if you're going to quote me in-game to support your positions OOC, I'd appreciate it if you'd not quote selectively so as to destroy the meaning of what I said.

I reiterate here: it is at best putting you on very shaky SMA ground to suggest that commoners, of any stripe, have any rightsHowever, that does not mean that one should attack them wantonly, nor that it is wrong to codify protections for them into law.  One of the other Fissoans, I believe, mentioned something about the difference between "that which is inalienable and that which is granted."  She's on the right track. 

When I say that commoners do not have rights under SMA, I mean those that are inalienable.  Anyone may have rights granted them by law; I just find that it is simpler to define rights as those that are inalienable, and those that are granted as simply protections under law, so that I don't have to say the whole thing out each time ;)

Some protections under law would still not be reasonable under SMA (for instance, a law that says if a commoner and a noble disagree, the commoner's word is to be believed), but simple things like "don't arrest or attack them without a very good reason" are fine.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

Shizzle

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #419: May 19, 2011, 06:12:54 PM »
So Anaris, when Skyndarbau proposes 'property rights', being a law that protects commoners from being 'robbed' or fined without reason, but still allows for confiscating of property if whatever consensus has been reached, that is not violating SMA? Or is it?

And how do you even know what he said in-game?