Author Topic: Dwilight IC and OOC updates and news!  (Read 254456 times)

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
Re: Dwilight IC and OOC updates and news!
« Reply #420: May 19, 2011, 06:14:34 PM »
So Anaris, when Skyndarbau proposes 'property rights', being a law that protects commoners from being 'robbed' or fined without reason, but still allows for confiscating of property if whatever consensus has been reached, that is not violating SMA? Or is it?

I see no reason that would violate SMA as long as it was clear that it was the nobles agreeing to allow the commoners to keep their stuff (because it's stupid to antagonize them for no reason), and not that it's fundamentally wrong to take stuff from commoners.

And I have friends in Fissoa.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

Shizzle

• Mighty Duke
  • Skyndarbau, Yusklin, Yarvik, Werend and Kayne
    • View Profile
« Reply #421: May 19, 2011, 06:30:29 PM »
Well, the last thing Skyndarbau wants is to put commoners above the law; he's been robbed before once :)

Nerukou

• Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #422: May 19, 2011, 08:03:08 PM »
And how do you even know what he said in-game?

Obviously, somebody told him.

And Tim, what you do or do not appreciate doesn't concern me.

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #423: May 19, 2011, 08:15:25 PM »

And Tim, what you do or do not appreciate doesn't concern me.

Well, so long as at least the players of Skyndarbau and Shin, here, know that you're being deliberately and unapologetically dishonest OOC about this, I'm satisfied with that.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

Nerukou

• Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #424: May 19, 2011, 09:22:23 PM »
Well, so long as at least the players of Skyndarbau and Shin, here, know that you're being deliberately and unapologetically dishonest OOC about this, I'm satisfied with that.

Peachy. I'm glad we're all happy then.

Shizzle

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #425: May 20, 2011, 12:37:51 AM »

Well, for as far as I know, the Dev team can look into all messages sent. Or something. Not that I wish to insinuate Anaris of abusing his powers, not at all.

I must say that sounds disturbing. Could someone break it down once more for me?

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #426: May 20, 2011, 01:10:10 AM »
I must say that sounds disturbing. Could someone break it down once more for me?

I stated that stating that commoners had rights, as such, was incorrect, but that giving them protections under law was fine.

Nerukou (player of Rauffe) quoted only the first part of that, out of context, as far as I can tell to support his position that everyone should be able to abuse commoners in any way they want any time.

I called him out on it, and he snidely said that he didn't care what I thought, the clear implication being that he feels there is nothing wrong with quoting me out of context to support a position nearly opposite to that which my words actually said.

I don't know what I've done to earn such open contempt from him OOC.
Timothy Collett

Shizzle

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #427: May 20, 2011, 11:12:15 AM »
I stated that stating that commoners had rights, as such, was incorrect, but that giving them protections under law was fine.

Nerukou (player of Rauffe) quoted only the first part of that, out of context, as far as I can tell to support his position that everyone should be able to abuse commoners in any way they want any time.

I called him out on it, and he snidely said that he didn't care what I thought, the clear implication being that he feels there is nothing wrong with quoting me out of context to support a position nearly opposite to that which my words actually said.

I don't know what I've done to earn such open contempt from him OOC.

Thanks.

I guess Alanna did, seeing Rauffe de Grenefeld was King of Myern ;) though I must say reading your posts on forums had rid me of the grudge I had against the Anaris family. OOC ftw!

Shenron

• Noble Lord
  • Come and play people ;)
    • View Profile
« Reply #428: May 20, 2011, 11:56:13 AM »
I, however, still hate the Anaris family :P

But Tim is pretty cool  8)
My language: (Apologies for any confusion this results in.)
Awesome = Ossim
Tom = Tarm

Nerukou

• Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #429: May 20, 2011, 01:14:05 PM »
It wouldn't happen to have anything to do with his arrogant "holier-than-thou", I Am The Voice of Tom attitude. Or the fact that he seems to think his word is law simply because he is a developer. Or the fact that he, in a temper tantrum, called me a "self-absorbed, self-righteous, condescending bastard" because I told him a lot of people value the role-play they have with other players over any particular game mechanic, or even the game itself. Or the fact that he threatened to delete Arcaea from the Far East because I disagreed with him.

That can't be it at all.

So yeah, I tend to think he's an ass any given day of the week.

Shizzle

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #430: May 20, 2011, 01:22:02 PM »
I, however, still hate the Anaris family :P

But Tim is pretty cool  8)

I can understand that, seeing she stole PeL's throne from Kaennji. Care to tell the tale? Though we could do that in-game too :)

Shenron

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #431: May 20, 2011, 02:08:41 PM »
I can understand that, seeing she stole PeL's throne from Kaennji. Care to tell the tale? Though we could do that in-game too :)

OOC It's pretty simple, Keannji was a very weak ruler, I tried to play him as a kind of nice-guy. He was nothing like Shin, Shin is a true politician and a conservative hardass. Kaennji had no politician in him and didn't really lie about anything. Alanna on the other hand was very politically savvy and Kaennji was no match. In the end Diodorus Exiled convinced Kaennji to secede (this is when he was Duke of Poryatown) as he promised to join after the secession. I'm still not completely sure if Alanna was involved, but if she wasn't I'd be surprised.

If you asked Shin about Kaennji's story on the other hand. He would tell tales about how Alanna deposed him with her mysterious witchcraft and purely machiavellian motivations.

In the end I think depends on how you look at it. No power has ever been transferred without a large bull!@#$ factor, and characters that tell the transparent truth never get too far. That's why powerful people will always have haters: because the haters will always be somewhat justified.

Awesome = Ossim
Tom = Tarm

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #432: May 20, 2011, 02:32:48 PM »
OOC It's pretty simple, Keannji was a very weak ruler, I tried to play him as a kind of nice-guy. He was nothing like Shin, Shin is a true politician and a conservative hardass. Kaennji had no politician in him and didn't really lie about anything. Alanna on the other hand was very politically savvy and Kaennji was no match.

Though Alanna became Queen when Kaennji stepped down voluntarily—I think you were pretty inactive at the time, and just not able to attend to rulership much.

To be fair, though, he stepped down when Alanna was halfway from Askileon to Poryatown (which was still the capital then) to lead a rebellion against him, which would have included a number of other prominent early Lurians, and had almost no chance of failing, as I recall ;D
Timothy Collett

Shenron

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #433: May 20, 2011, 04:07:15 PM »
Though Alanna became Queen when Kaennji stepped down voluntarily—I think you were pretty inactive at the time, and just not able to attend to rulership much.

Yeah it's kind of coming back now. When I was playing Kaennji I was in the middle of end of school exams!!
Awesome = Ossim
Tom = Tarm

dustole

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #434: May 20, 2011, 05:42:34 PM »
Or the fact that he threatened to delete Arcaea from the Far East because I disagreed with him.

I find this very hard to believe.  Even if he did say it, most likely in a fit of rage, It would never happen.   Anyone who would believe that it would is delusional.  My limited interaction with both Anaris and Nerukou leads me to believe that you are both very head strong and stubborn people.   Anaris can come across as a "know it all" but I think that is because he knows a lot.  Over the years the same ideas have been suggested and shot down by Tom.  Tim, from his time reading the D-list and yes being on the Dev team knows exactly what Toms response will be.  When Tom tells you repeatedly that 1+1=2 then the next time someone asks you what 1+1 is you don't need to run to Tom and ask him the answer. 

You two don't have to respect or even like one another.  Just try and be courteous.  Nothing is gained by the back and forth bantering.
Kabrinski Family:  Nathaniel (EC), Franklin (BT), Aletha(DWI)