Author Topic: Dwilight IC and OOC updates and news!  (Read 252895 times)

egamma

Re: Dwilight IC and OOC updates and news!
« Reply #435: May 20, 2011, 08:01:22 PM »
Neroku--developers do not have access to the production servers, only Tom does. Tom moves all code in, Tom is the only one who knows about "special" things (for example, the special abilities of special forces).

Tim couldn't "delete" Archea even if he wanted to--although the Anaris family might wipe it off the map, IC.

Given the amount of rudeness you're displaying here I wouldn't blame him if he did.

Vellos

• Honourable King
  • Stodgy Old Man in Training
    • View Profile
« Reply #436: May 20, 2011, 08:34:41 PM »
I reiterate here: it is at best putting you on very shaky SMA ground to suggest that commoners, of any stripe, have any rightsHowever, that does not mean that one should attack them wantonly, nor that it is wrong to codify protections for them into law.  One of the other Fissoans, I believe, mentioned something about the difference between "that which is inalienable and that which is granted."  She's on the right track. 

Though I usually dislike animal-commoner analogies, it will work here. Many modern people support rules against animal cruelty, probably most modern people. Not all modern people believe in animal rights (exhibit 1: me). It is common to believe in rules of behavior and treatment even in regards to entities we do not regard as having fundamental rights.
"A neutral humanism is either a pedantic artifice or a prologue to the inhuman." - George Steiner

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #437: May 21, 2011, 12:15:21 AM »
Though I usually dislike animal-commoner analogies, it will work here. Many modern people support rules against animal cruelty, probably most modern people. Not all modern people believe in animal rights (exhibit 1: me). It is common to believe in rules of behavior and treatment even in regards to entities we do not regard as having fundamental rights.

Though I'd argue many consider them as indeed having "rights", though most people don't affirm they have the same rights as us.

It's almost getting a debate of semantics... One can have "rights" without having all of the rights another person/entity enjoys. For example, many people consider that we do not have the "right" to chose on another's life or death, that such a thing belongs to God (i.e. another (superior) entity).

And let's not forget that freemen, by definition, are not owned by nobles. Also, if some of them got REALLY rich back in the days, it's certainly not in a context where they have no rights.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Velax

• Honourable King
  • House de Vere
    • View Profile
« Reply #438: May 28, 2011, 02:42:56 AM »
Tim couldn't "delete" Archea even if he wanted to--although the Anaris family might wipe it off the map, IC.

Given the amount of rudeness you're displaying here I wouldn't blame him if he did.

Really? One person's OOC rudeness would be justification for destroying a realm of 70-odd people, IC or otherwise?

songqu88@gmail.com

« Reply #439: May 28, 2011, 01:53:44 PM »
Sense of community! That's why you take care that you don't let bad eggs in your fold. I think egamma was exaggerating that though.

Vellos

• Honourable King
  • Stodgy Old Man in Training
    • View Profile
« Reply #440: May 28, 2011, 09:34:06 PM »
I think egamma was exaggerating that though.

This.
"A neutral humanism is either a pedantic artifice or a prologue to the inhuman." - George Steiner

Nosferatus

• Testers
  • Mighty Duke
  • Too weird to live, too rare to die
    • View Profile
« Reply #441: May 28, 2011, 09:54:19 PM »

I fully agree that any consciousness or philosphy of equality amongst species didn't take place as a majority in society until just recently in western human history, as far as i know.
I do am saddened and astounded by the fact that there are 'learned' people who'd still think the same after so much astonishing development in publicly accessible sience and knowledge during the past 200/300 years and especially the last 20 with the internet.
Even after Darwins origin of species and so much great philosophers during and after contributed so much, there are people who think that humans are IT, the final stage of evolution, perfection, the only true child of god as the christian church indoctrinated us for so many centuries.
Above all the other species, who are in many different kind of ways, MUCH more perfect than us!
You might laugh now, but lets see who will  have the LAST laugh...
Formerly playing the Nosferatus and Bhrantan Family.
Currently playing the Polytus Family in: Gotland, Madina, Astrum, Outer Tilog

Velax

• Honourable King
  • House de Vere
    • View Profile
« Reply #442: May 29, 2011, 03:40:08 AM »

but lets see who will  have the LAST laugh...

Dinosaurs!

Perth

• Honourable King
  • Current Character: Kemen
    • View Profile
« Reply #443: May 29, 2011, 06:11:46 AM »
I fully agree that any consciousness or philosphy of equality amongst species didn't take place as a majority in society until just recently in western human history, as far as i know.
I do am saddened and astounded by the fact that there are 'learned' people who'd still think the same after so much astonishing development in publicly accessible sience and knowledge during the past 200/300 years and especially the last 20 with the internet.
Even after Darwins origin of species and so much great philosophers during and after contributed so much, there are people who think that humans are IT, the final stage of evolution, perfection, the only true child of god as the christian church indoctrinated us for so many centuries.
Above all the other species, who are in many different kind of ways, MUCH more perfect than us!
You might laugh now, but lets see who will  have the LAST laugh...

Did you just defend the "equality" of all species and at the same time argue that some species are genetically "more perfect" than others in the same breath?  ::)
"A tale is but half told when only one person tells it." - The Saga of Grettir the Strong
- Current: Kemen (D'hara) - Past: Kerwin (Eston), Kale (Phantaria, Terran, Melodia)

Laurens88

• Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #444: May 29, 2011, 11:26:18 AM »
Guess who just attacked Candiels  8)

Shizzle

• Mighty Duke
  • Skyndarbau, Yusklin, Yarvik, Werend and Kayne
    • View Profile
« Reply #445: May 29, 2011, 11:27:25 AM »

Hehe :P

Galvez

• Mighty Duke
  • Veni, Vidi, Vici
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #446: May 29, 2011, 11:39:16 AM »
Did Madina attack the walls of Candiels? Do you have a battle report?
"Men willingly believe what they wish." - Julius Caesar

Nosferatus

• Testers
  • Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #447: May 29, 2011, 11:46:49 AM »
Did Madina attack the walls of Candiels? Do you have a battle report?

[Scribe:158176|0e0c050969f5624c]      Battle in Candiels      fresh

big fun, they where fully suprised.

vonGenf

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #448: May 29, 2011, 12:27:21 PM »
Am I blind, or did you climb a stronghold without siege engines?  :o
After all it's a roleplaying game.

Nosferatus

• Testers
  • Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #449: May 29, 2011, 01:11:19 PM »
Am I blind, or did you climb a stronghold without siege engines?  :o

Yes we did, cool hu?

heres a little rp i wrote on it:

http://wiki.battlemaster.org/wiki/Nosferatus_Family/Abbot/Roleplay6

it's possible to scale walls without siege engines, it's just harder.