Main Menu

News:

Please be aware of the Forum Rules of Conduct.

Asylon Realm Thread

Started by Adriddae, July 20, 2011, 09:24:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chenier

Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Bedwyr

Quote from: JPierreD on October 18, 2011, 09:33:01 PM
Luria Nova is having rather large surpluses right now.

Not enough to feed Giask at full pop, I'd wager.  And it won't be that long until it is, not with the number of people it has and borders with Askileon and OG.
"You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here!"

Chenier

Quote from: Bedwyr on October 18, 2011, 10:25:06 PM
Not enough to feed Giask at full pop, I'd wager.  And it won't be that long until it is, not with the number of people it has and borders with Askileon and OG.

I have my doubts, Giask still has 50 000 peasants to grow. And even if they do, they have rurals they can still expand to.

And *even* if they don't acquire any new regions, and even if Giask grows to full population, my calculations show a good food surplus, even with pessimistic production hypothesis to compensate for monster raids.

So yea... Madina got an economic trading boom due to the fact that D'Hara had a bunch of cities close to each other, and not enough rurals to expand to to feed them. Plus estate needs prevented us from taking the east again for a very long time. However, this is unique, as other realms can usually acquire rurals at a rate that prevents any new acquisition from putting them in a deficit. The only thing that could *temporarily* change this would be a Darfix colony, as last time it was tried the city grew too fast for the rurals to compensate. But if the rurals are settled first, there will never be on Dwilight any realm other than D'Hara with a chronic food shortage. D'Hara and the Zuma, obviously.

Hence why nobody really takes these threats of "we'll sell it elsewhere!" very seriously, considering that we didn't threaten to stop purchases and even the new temporary lowered prices are still the best buy prices of the continent that I know of at this time.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Glaumring the Fox

Awesome...ok can we get the southern dwilight trade crew thread split off from the ever important Asylon thread so I can have to expound the awesomeness of Asylon for the umpteenth time?
We live lives in beautiful lies...

D`Este

So far LN or rather fulco has bought all madina food he could get at a decent price. Food should be plenty in Luria...just you cant ever have enough

Glaumring the Fox

Yeah and then there is Sanguis Astroism!!!!    !!!!!!!!!!!!

Telrunya

Bjarnson

King Grimrog Bjarnson of Asylon.

Chenier

Glaumring the Fox

Monsters please stop attacking already this is insane!

Glaumring the Fox

Our food production at our current level puts us at 4th in the entire land of Dwilight, not bad for an insignificant little kingdom. Perhaps more than "Asylon who?" the question should be "Asylon when?"

Chenier

Quote from: Glaumring on October 20, 2011, 05:39:16 AM
Our food production at our current level puts us at 4th in the entire land of Dwilight, not bad for an insignificant little kingdom. Perhaps more than "Asylon who?" the question should be "Asylon when?"

It helped that half of Caerwyn switched to you. ;)

Glaumring the Fox

Yes of course and we don't deny their contribution to our realm. Expect to be doing a lot of business with us in the future.

Chenier

Quote from: Glaumring on October 20, 2011, 06:02:36 AM
Yes of course and we don't deny their contribution to our realm. Expect to be doing a lot of business with us in the future.

Less than I was doing with Caerwyn before the big ugly war, I would think, but still. A few of your regions are accessible to my caravans, so trade has already begun. They don't tend to have much food available though, and the trek is much riskier now with all these rogue regions in the way.

Gustav Kuriga

Which will no longer be rogue shortly, trust me on that.