Author Topic: Asylon Realm Thread  (Read 120299 times)

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
Re: Asylon Realm Thread
« Reply #60: October 20, 2011, 07:20:59 AM »
Which will no longer be rogue shortly, trust me on that.

A trading partner?
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Gustav Kuriga

« Reply #61: October 20, 2011, 07:54:13 AM »
It's a secret.

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #62: October 20, 2011, 08:08:35 AM »
We'll see in due time, I guess.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #63: October 20, 2011, 05:24:53 PM »
Monsters please stop attacking already this is insane!
Welcome to the realities of a large frontier realm. Until now, you've mostly been shielded form the monsters by Caerwyn to your east and the Zuma to your south. But now Caerwyn's gone, all those rogue-spawning regions have taken their place, and you're trying to hold more territory than you've ever had to deal with before.

If you want to be a big realm, then you have to act like a big realm. Because, honestly, with a 6K CS army you're going to be quickly reduced to the tiny little thing you were before all those Caerwynians joined you. You simply cannot defend the territory you have with that tiny police force.

Why do you think Astrum has a nearly 35k CS army?
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #64: October 20, 2011, 05:51:32 PM »
Welcome to the realities of a large frontier realm. Until now, you've mostly been shielded form the monsters by Caerwyn to your east and the Zuma to your south. But now Caerwyn's gone, all those rogue-spawning regions have taken their place, and you're trying to hold more territory than you've ever had to deal with before.

If you want to be a big realm, then you have to act like a big realm. Because, honestly, with a 6K CS army you're going to be quickly reduced to the tiny little thing you were before all those Caerwynians joined you. You simply cannot defend the territory you have with that tiny police force.

Why do you think Astrum has a nearly 35k CS army?

Shoulda helped Caerwyn out instead of trying to double-cross them! Silly Asylon.

Glaumring the Fox

• Honourable King
  • Nothing
    • View Profile
« Reply #65: October 20, 2011, 06:15:36 PM »
Perhaps we should call upon our families to fund our massive army! We are working on our army . And frankly Caerwyn didnt stop many of our monster attacks those came steadily from barrowspeak upper/ lower via and beyond, until I took Lowervia and created a buffer when Caerwyn finally took Uppervia and fortress Via.

There are not many realms on Dwilight that go 13 to 31 overnight, expect some hiccups.

Let us also not forget that Astrum has had large amounts of nobles and years to be awesome. Asylon is still a young realm that struggled in poverty and lack of nobles for most of its history. We are the Vietnam of Dwilight.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2011, 06:18:37 PM by Glaumring »
We live lives in beautiful lies...

Bjarnson

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #66: October 20, 2011, 07:21:41 PM »
Shoulda helped Caerwyn out instead of trying to double-cross them! Silly Asylon.

Double-cross them? please elaborate, since I was part Asylons Government during the final stages of Caerwyns existance. And I dont remember any "double-crossings"...
King Grimrog Bjarnson of Asylon.

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #67: October 20, 2011, 07:34:51 PM »
Double-cross them? please elaborate, since I was part Asylons Government during the final stages of Caerwyns existance. And I dont remember any "double-crossings"...

Well, taking regions that the treaties said were Caerwyn's for one, and the whole religious affairs.

Glaumring the Fox

• Honourable King
  • Nothing
    • View Profile
« Reply #68: October 20, 2011, 07:56:43 PM »
We took the region to keep the monsters back. I dont think many people actually know what was going on between us but there was no backroom dealings or doublecrosses, Caerwyn made us into an enemy and we were not, we were isolated and willing to work with Caerwyn, they chose to ignore us diplomatically so we did what we wanted for attention. Taking Lowervia was a message to them, work with us, or we will work around you. We are not subordinate, but we are also not the enemy.

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #69: October 20, 2011, 07:57:21 PM »
And frankly Caerwyn didnt stop many of our monster attacks those came steadily from barrowspeak upper/ lower via and beyond, until I took Lowervia and created a buffer when Caerwyn finally took Uppervia and fortress Via.
The very fact that Caerwyn existed kept the monster spawn down in vast areas of land. There are now an extra 12 or so rogue regions to your east, where all those nice monsters can spawn and attack you. The very fact that you're getting buried now should really show you how much Caerwyn was blocking.

Glaumring the Fox

• Honourable King
  • Nothing
    • View Profile
« Reply #70: October 20, 2011, 08:30:34 PM »
Ok ok lets rebuild Caerwyn!

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #71: October 20, 2011, 08:32:58 PM »
Already on it.

Except that it won't really be Caerwyn. It will just be located where Caerwyn used to be. 8)

Telrunya

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #72: October 20, 2011, 08:49:09 PM »
Eh, same thing. Dont fuss the details!

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #73: October 20, 2011, 09:02:53 PM »
Ok ok lets rebuild Caerwyn!

I'm assuming there's a good chance they'll want some of that land that you now have and that used to belong to Caerwyn. :P

Glaumring the Fox

• Honourable King
  • Nothing
    • View Profile
« Reply #74: October 20, 2011, 09:14:27 PM »
We'll see how many nobles actually join the new realm. Astrum and Morek are going lose a lot of nobles to founding Niselur and the new farrowfield duchy. And I dont know where everyone is getting the idea that Morek/ Astrum has reason to be hostile to Asylon. Our queen is an Astroist from Aquilegia, our kingdom allows Astroist priests, a good portion of our nobles are astroist, We are in good standing with Allison , if anything they are going need our help and cooperation. Not conflict. We have stated that lands west of Mech alb are ours. No Astrum troops have set foot in that area as far as we know.