Author Topic: Dave's Galaxy  (Read 549005 times)

Qyasogk

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
Re: Dave's Galaxy
« Reply #1395: November 24, 2011, 02:09:31 AM »
For point 1 he is referring to the current state of the game, and is quite correct

For point 2 he makes a valid point, most games of this nature have some sort of system to try and provide balance between large and small players. Otherwise attracting new player becomes almost impossible because even if they aren't wiped out soon after starting, they quickly realise that there is no chance they will ever catch up to the established players, and leave out of frustration.

It seemed to me that he was offering a lame critique of my suggestions rather than talking about the "current state of the game." The whole point of my suggestions were to solve the problem of a player being invulnerable by building one scout.

The game already has these balance problems. The first day I signed up to player DG, it was immediately obvious that some players have more than a 10,000 times the planets, resources, and money than other players. The only way empires are defeated is if they leave the game, and that's ridiculous.

One way you can level the playing field a bit is to have a D&D like progression. Therefore the higher up you go the longer it takes to advance to the next level, rather than every round everyone goes up 1 level.