Author Topic: Dave's Galaxy  (Read 540066 times)

Kai

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
Re: Dave's Galaxy
« Reply #180: July 29, 2011, 03:29:14 AM »
Do you ever say anything that isn't negative? I think every comment from you has been negative.
Do you ever say anything that's not about clinging to other people's coat tails and refusing to think and stand for yourself?

Yes, I could attack his destroyers, maybe, from behind, and, maybe, I could defeat them. They are already going fairly fast, but maybe, I'm not sure (and I don't see a calculator anywhere that would show me). I might beat him in that fight.

But hello, he's way bigger than me. He's been quite polite in my messages to him. And, as an ally, I can see all of his ships... which I believe is useful. Sure, he can see mine too: so what? He's much bigger than me, so me seeing his ships has a greater value than him seeing my ships. Especially given that he doesn't know there is a BM-alliance scattered all around the quadrant, so, in effect, he will be broadcasting all of his moves to about a dozen different players.
Seeing all his ships is useful? I heard water is also wet. That's not the point of an alliance. Seeing ships in an alliance is to facilitate strategic cooperation. Allying with such a large neighbour ensures a one-sided relationship where you are (one of) his bitch(es).

More importantly, if I attack him after having just gotten peace, I may piss him off, and he'll send a couple battleships and destroy me. Not exactly what I want.
This reminds me of the behaviour of numerous sniveling characters.

Also, tell me if this is stupid:
You accelerate until halfway to destination, then slow down the second half.

So why not select a destination twice as far away, then change your destination on the last turn? Wouldn't that get you there faster?
Why don't you test it, cause I am.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2011, 03:31:22 AM by Kai »