Author Topic: Dave's Galaxy  (Read 541262 times)

Gustav Kuriga

Re: Dave's Galaxy
« Reply #285: August 05, 2011, 06:59:31 PM »
You probably don't want to upgrade everything, that takes a lot of money away which you likely can't afford to lose. You probably only need Long Range Sensors 1 and Slingshot. Sensors will let you see further from your home planet, which means you can see if someone is trying to attack you sooner. The Slingshot will let you fire off fleets with 0.5 initial acceleration (that's a turn or more's worth of acceleration for every fleet).

You probably don't need the subspacers with the arcs either, if you're sending them close to your home planet then it's very unlikely that someone is going to attack them.

What are the co-ordinates of your home planet? I'll see if I can find you and let you know who you're near to :) You can find its location by clicking your planet, clicking "info" and then it's the bit next to "location".

EDIT: A rather odd and annoying bug: I sent out three arcs on the same turn, one fleet of 1 & one fleet of 2. The fleet of 1 reached its planet today but the other fleet didn't. What makes it odd is that both planets were 2.4 distance from my capital so they should have arrived in the same turn.

Took out a few more of PeterKaan's Cruisers. He lost 4/10 Cruisers, I lost 11/46 Subspacers. I think a few of his Cruisers got past me and went off towards carlwolcott and one is heading down Kip. I've got one fleet (13 sub spacers) sat on his planet, the other (22 sub spacers) should arrive there in a few turns.