Author Topic: Dave's Galaxy  (Read 544953 times)

Vellos

• Honourable King
  • Stodgy Old Man in Training
    • View Profile
Re: Dave's Galaxy
« Reply #375: August 11, 2011, 03:03:29 PM »
Yes, I am still active.

Kai, you suggested we work together to take Oldry's planets. That'd be pretty difficult, as my experience taking a planet (kip's) indicates that, upon taking a planet, one has access to enough resources, in my case, to build 12 arcs and 10 superbattleships. I'm afraid we don't have the resources at present to defeat that.

Plus, just a few days ago I had fleets on their way to Oldry's second planet, and you accused me of trying to steal the planet from you. Now, you want my help. Well, tough. At your request, I changed my strategy. I deployed my fleets into my heartland to secure my defenses, and aimed my expansion southwards. I have no significant resources in range of Oldry's new colonies. Maybe in a few days I'll have built up a bit of a new fleet from my home base, but that'll be a little while, so you'll have to be patient and, in the meantime, you'll probably have to not change the plan again.

So, if you want my help against Oldry, it'll be a little while as I assemble a fleet that might be large enough to mean something. Also, we need to know what Oldry's defenses look like. That means deploying a fleet directly onto the planet to get a look, probably. Finally, we will both need to have large fleets available to simultaneously to launch an effective attack.

In good news, however, Oldry is actually dying. Heirulf took his capital some time ago, and he doesn't seem to hold any major star cluster. He just hops from new players to new player, pirating what he can.
"A neutral humanism is either a pedantic artifice or a prologue to the inhuman." - George Steiner