Author Topic: Dave's Galaxy  (Read 550541 times)

Nathan

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
Re: Dave's Galaxy
« Reply #450: August 16, 2011, 04:08:24 PM »
1671.1,1776.0 !

Found you. If you look to your south-east you'll see a large-ish purple empire, that'd Lorduck from our forum. To the left of Lorduck is Gnarf (light blue), we don't know him and he looks inactive (level 52 home planet, but a colony quite far away at level 1) so send a large fleet at him and take the home planet :D

I'm west of a guy named JackDaniels. His empire fills my entire screen on minimal zoom, and it's gold-ish.

I don't think anyone has had trouble with him, so he might leave you alone. You could make a small scout/blackbird perimeter and watch out for him attacking you, then ask him kindly not to.

Could someone explain tax and tariff, please?

Tax brings in Quatloos to your planet, but I think it stunts growth (otherwise, why would you have a low tax rate?). Tariff taxes people who trade at your planet, a high tariff means you make a lot from your goods but means it's less likely people will trade there - I'm purposely keeping mine low so that Kai, Vellos, etc can get a decent deal from my planet (still makes me a decent amount of money), but if I was on my own I'd probably have a fairly high tariff rate to abuse everyone around me :P

Speaking of trading, everyone near me are welcome to send merchants to my home planet. Kai is the only one close enough to do it regularly (with maybe the exception of Norrel [I forget who that is on here]), but in the long run it's probably worth it since we're all quite closed in with nobody to properly threaten our merchants.