Author Topic: Dave's Galaxy  (Read 542067 times)

Nathan

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
Re: Dave's Galaxy
« Reply #450: August 16, 2011, 05:08:21 PM »
Speaking of trading, everyone near me are welcome to send merchants to my home planet. Kai is the only one close enough to do it regularly (with maybe the exception of Norrel [I forget who that is on here]), but in the long run it's probably worth it since we're all quite closed in with nobody to properly threaten our merchants.
hi

Hi! I just noticed you have open trading, so I'll send a few merchants over when I have spare resources - one of my existing ones may even make its way over there automatically. I also noticed Tom has something camped on your home planet (a scout, I think) which makes me think he doesn't realise who you are. You might want to send him an alliance offer mentioning BattleMaster in case he gets the wrong idea :P

Does anyone know the advantages of having large merchant fleets? At the moment I've got 8 single Merchantman fleets, but I'm thinking of making one fleet of 8 Merchantmen. But since there only seems to be the disadvantage of being able to take out 8 of my ships in one go instead of just 1, I'm a little dubious about doing it.