Author Topic: Dave's Galaxy  (Read 540165 times)

Vellos

• Honourable King
  • Stodgy Old Man in Training
    • View Profile
Re: Dave's Galaxy
« Reply #1485: December 07, 2011, 12:33:07 AM »
Dave should finish undoing the scout defense. I have close to 1000 cruisers standing by to take on two of Oldrys colonies, but with scout defense, that would just be wasting them on the PD until I'm sick of it.

Same.
"A neutral humanism is either a pedantic artifice or a prologue to the inhuman." - George Steiner

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #1486: December 07, 2011, 12:34:17 AM »
Will colonies establish themselves if I have trading ships in the fleet? My far-away colonies don't seem to actually be settling their planets...
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

De-Legro

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #1487: December 07, 2011, 12:36:44 AM »
Will colonies establish themselves if I have trading ships in the fleet? My far-away colonies don't seem to actually be settling their planets...

Check they are set to "colonise" they may default to trade or something
Previously of the De-Legro Family
Now of representation unknown.

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #1488: December 07, 2011, 12:38:36 AM »
Check they are set to "colonise" they may default to trade or something

They did indeed. But they still didn't colinize after. So now I made them move out a bit, and telling them to return. I don't think it's working though.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

De-Legro

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #1489: December 07, 2011, 12:44:44 AM »
They did indeed. But they still didn't colinize after. So now I made them move out a bit, and telling them to return. I don't think it's working though.

can't help, I've never tried mixing arc's with other things. Perhaps the game doesn't know what to do with the fleet after arc's colonise? Sounds like an edge case.

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #1490: December 07, 2011, 12:51:37 AM »
can't help, I've never tried mixing arc's with other things. Perhaps the game doesn't know what to do with the fleet after arc's colonise? Sounds like an edge case.

I thought the arcs would just split from the rest of the fleet.

Then again, I used to think we could split and merge fleets as desired, so... :/

De-Legro

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #1491: December 07, 2011, 12:52:40 AM »
I thought the arcs would just split from the rest of the fleet.

Then again, I used to think we could split and merge fleets as desired, so... :/

That would be the obvious solution, I guess it just depends on if Dave coded it or not.

Dav3xor

• Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #1492: December 07, 2011, 04:59:50 AM »
That would be the obvious solution, I guess it just depends on if Dave coded it or not.

One of those low priority things that have been towards the bottom of my todo list for a year.
--
Dave of Dave's Galaxy

Tom

• BM Dev Team
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
    • BattleMaster
« Reply #1493: December 07, 2011, 09:57:54 AM »
One of those low priority things that have been towards the bottom of my todo list for a year.

Hehe... want to exchange TODO lists? I have some items on mine for BM that have been there for... not sure... five years?

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #1494: December 07, 2011, 06:41:21 PM »

So those arcs are useless?

Damn.

fodder

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #1495: December 07, 2011, 07:48:57 PM »
well.. let them sit there and send 1 other arc to colonise.. then scrap the previous lot on the spot.
firefox

Dav3xor

• Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #1496: December 07, 2011, 08:27:54 PM »
So those arcs are useless?

Damn.

Ooops, sorry, forgot to reply to this -- Arcs wont colonize unless the colonize disposition is set, do you have the fleet set to trade?
--
Dave of Dave's Galaxy

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #1497: December 08, 2011, 03:08:07 AM »
Ooops, sorry, forgot to reply to this -- Arcs wont colonize unless the colonize disposition is set, do you have the fleet set to trade?

Nop, not since a few days.

Sacha

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #1498: December 08, 2011, 04:29:11 AM »
Move it away from the planet and then bring it back.

De-Legro

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #1499: December 08, 2011, 04:30:39 AM »
Yeah he is trying that