Author Topic: Dave's Galaxy  (Read 540112 times)

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
Re: Dave's Galaxy
« Reply #1500: December 08, 2011, 04:53:48 AM »
Move it away from the planet and then bring it back.

Didn't seem to have any impact.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

fodder

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #1501: December 08, 2011, 05:50:17 AM »
well.. while you are waiting.. just send another (1) arc over. doesn't hurt really.
firefox

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #1502: December 08, 2011, 07:55:43 AM »
well.. while you are waiting.. just send another (1) arc over. doesn't hurt really.

That was my "far away colony". I sent it out a few days after joining the game, and it only arrived a few days ago... :/
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Dav3xor

• Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #1503: December 08, 2011, 09:29:56 AM »
That was my "far away colony". I sent it out a few days after joining the game, and it only arrived a few days ago... :/

I will fix it so that it works, just make sure the fleet's headed back to, or sitting on the planet. 

There's a few subtle bugs that came up the last time I made the turn run faster, this is another one (I just did some looking...)
--
Dave of Dave's Galaxy

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #1504: December 08, 2011, 06:27:25 PM »
I will fix it so that it works, just make sure the fleet's headed back to, or sitting on the planet. 

There's a few subtle bugs that came up the last time I made the turn run faster, this is another one (I just did some looking...)

One colony just got formed, but I'm not sure if that one had a mixed fleet. Should I cancel the other's move and tell it to remain in planet it's on?

Vellos

• Honourable King
  • Stodgy Old Man in Training
    • View Profile
« Reply #1505: December 09, 2011, 06:24:08 PM »
I am PISSED.

Scout defense has been removed without any forewarning whatsoever. I just lost a colony that had scout defense going.

I didn't even get a capture report in my turn report; just couldn't build a scout there.
"A neutral humanism is either a pedantic artifice or a prologue to the inhuman." - George Steiner

Vellos

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #1506: December 09, 2011, 06:25:47 PM »
Oh, and I notice that capitulation now occurs prior to combat. I thought that was a good idea. Now I realize the problem:

Attackers can take even home planets without contest if they're a little bit lucky.
"A neutral humanism is either a pedantic artifice or a prologue to the inhuman." - George Steiner

De-Legro

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #1507: December 09, 2011, 06:28:09 PM »
I am PISSED.

Scout defense has been removed without any forewarning whatsoever. I just lost a colony that had scout defense going.

I didn't even get a capture report in my turn report; just couldn't build a scout there.

The warning was in yesterdays turn report. I know cause I upgraded all my own scout defences.
Previously of the De-Legro Family
Now of representation unknown.

Vellos

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #1508: December 09, 2011, 06:30:38 PM »
He gave... 1 turn's warning?

Bah.

I see ship prices are also adjusted.

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #1509: December 09, 2011, 06:38:45 PM »
The warning was in yesterdays turn report. I know cause I upgraded all my own scout defences.

What, people actually read the turn report?

Dav3xor

• Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #1510: December 09, 2011, 07:19:32 PM »
Oh, and I notice that capitulation now occurs prior to combat. I thought that was a good idea. Now I realize the problem:

Attackers can take even home planets without contest if they're a little bit lucky.

Hmmmm, I didn't change that.  Fleets do their moves first (including trade, colonization, planetary assault), then Planetary Defense, then fleet-fleet battle.

Changing the order around causes all sorts of unintended consequences, as you might imagine...  I'm open to discussion about it, if there's a better order I'm glad to hear it.

Hehe, and I've been talking about making these changes for a week!
--
Dave of Dave's Galaxy

Tom

• BM Dev Team
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
    • BattleMaster
« Reply #1511: December 09, 2011, 09:11:14 PM »

Actually, yes.

De-Legro

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #1512: December 09, 2011, 09:22:45 PM »

Everyday

How else would I know which of my planets are under attack, or where my assaults had been successful?

Sacha

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #1513: December 09, 2011, 09:33:31 PM »
Ctrl-F -> 'new c'
Ctrl-F -> 'tion!'

My watchwords of the day in DG :P

De-Legro

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #1514: December 09, 2011, 09:53:16 PM »
Ctrl-F -> 'new c'
Ctrl-F -> 'tion!'

My watchwords of the day in DG :P

Exactly, at least until I can get my scripts working correctly so they just take me to the planets I need to pay attention to.