Author Topic: Dave's Galaxy  (Read 545061 times)

LilWolf

• Noble Lord
  • The Vasata Family
    • View Profile
Re: Dave's Galaxy
« Reply #1530: December 10, 2011, 09:23:13 PM »
eh... wtf... why are my planets producing mostly nothing? XD seriously.. a whole bunch of 0s (even for food/oil in planets with both drilling and food subsidy)

Yeah, noticed that too.
Join us on IRC #battlemaster@QuakeNet
Read about the fantasy stories I'm writing.

Qyasogk

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #1531: December 10, 2011, 10:31:39 PM »
eh... wtf... why are my planets producing mostly nothing? XD seriously.. a whole bunch of 0s (even for food/oil in planets with both drilling and food subsidy)

Dave mentioned it on the Google Group, but essentially its a way to limit somewhat the endless advantage larger (older) players have over smaller (newer) players. Basically worlds have a maximum amount of resources they can contain, once they reach that production drops off. If you consume those stockpiled resources, production will pick back up again.

fodder

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #1532: December 10, 2011, 11:26:02 PM »
ah... that's been implemented.. no wonder
firefox

Dav3xor

• Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #1533: December 14, 2011, 09:32:29 PM »
Just thought I would post in here and apologize for the site being slow, I'm almost done with a fix.  Serving up sectors has hit a bit of a brick wall performance wise, but I've figured out how to make it like an order of magnitude faster.  Almost done with that...
--
Dave of Dave's Galaxy

Sacha

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #1534: December 14, 2011, 11:32:28 PM »
Is it normal that some of my planets aren't producing anything anymore?

Gustav Kuriga

« Reply #1535: December 15, 2011, 12:37:06 AM »
YES! For the 100th time, yes!

Dav3xor

• Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #1536: December 15, 2011, 04:31:47 AM »
YES! For the 100th time, yes!

Resource production is now logarithmically capped, you have planets that are over the cap.  If you spend enough of those resources to get under the cap, they'll start producing again.
--
Dave of Dave's Galaxy

Vellos

• Honourable King
  • Stodgy Old Man in Training
    • View Profile
« Reply #1537: December 15, 2011, 04:33:55 AM »
Is it normal that some of my planets aren't producing anything anymore?

Yes.

Planets with large stockpiles of resources will stop producing.
"A neutral humanism is either a pedantic artifice or a prologue to the inhuman." - George Steiner

Vellos

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #1538: December 15, 2011, 04:35:01 AM »
My question now is...

Is it normal that some of my planets that previously never got over 17,000 steel/turn now produce 20,000 steel/turn?
"A neutral humanism is either a pedantic artifice or a prologue to the inhuman." - George Steiner

De-Legro

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #1539: December 15, 2011, 05:28:56 AM »
My question now is...

Is it normal that some of my planets that previously never got over 17,000 steel/turn now produce 20,000 steel/turn?

Yup, higher population cap now.
Previously of the De-Legro Family
Now of representation unknown.

Dav3xor

• Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #1540: December 15, 2011, 04:14:07 PM »
Yup, higher population cap now.

I also bumped steel production up a bit, and I changed ship pricing around a little bit so it shouldn't be as important as before.
--
Dave of Dave's Galaxy

Vellos

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #1541: December 15, 2011, 04:22:49 PM »
I also bumped steel production up a bit, and I changed ship pricing around a little bit so it shouldn't be as important as before.

Yup, I noticed. I'm now hitting all sorts of limiting factors for ships: sometimes krellmetal, sometimes antimatter, sometimes unobtanium, sometimes food...

I like it much better this way. Good fix.

Qyasogk

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #1542: December 15, 2011, 04:33:57 PM »
My only issue is that anti-matter is so expensive that it's harder to move that back and forth than steel. It seems even merchants from "richer" worlds still only give their merchants a tiny bit of money to buy merchandise with.

fodder

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #1543: December 15, 2011, 07:24:51 PM »
don't all merchant ships start with a small cargo of steel (already costed from ship building cost) and then they do their own thing, rather than merchants being given a sum to buy whatever for the 1st outward trip?
firefox

Qyasogk

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #1544: December 15, 2011, 08:34:59 PM »
don't all merchant ships start with a small cargo of steel (already costed from ship building cost) and then they do their own thing, rather than merchants being given a sum to buy whatever for the 1st outward trip?

Whatever money they get from selling that small cargo of steel when they're first created is what I think is too small. Maybe it would make more sense for the merchant ships to take whatever cargo is most abundant on the colony where the merchant was created, instead of only taking steel?

Or maybe even letting the user pick the cargo? That way the merchant fleets can be put to some strategic trade instead of just being left to their own devices moving random resources.