Author Topic: Dave's Galaxy  (Read 545047 times)

Dav3xor

• Knight
    • View Profile
Re: Dave's Galaxy
« Reply #1545: December 16, 2011, 01:59:16 AM »
Whatever money they get from selling that small cargo of steel when they're first created is what I think is too small. Maybe it would make more sense for the merchant ships to take whatever cargo is most abundant on the colony where the merchant was created, instead of only taking steel?

Or maybe even letting the user pick the cargo? That way the merchant fleets can be put to some strategic trade instead of just being left to their own devices moving random resources.

They pick the best commodity for whatever destination they are bound for.  If the fleet is still in port, you can set it for different destinations, and it will pick a new commodity.
--
Dave of Dave's Galaxy

Qyasogk

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #1546: December 16, 2011, 02:33:04 AM »
They pick the best commodity for whatever destination they are bound for.  If the fleet is still in port, you can set it for different destinations, and it will pick a new commodity.

Oh, wow! That's cool, I didn't realize that! I will add that to the wiki! Is there a reason why you couldn't do that for the first trip as well?
« Last Edit: December 16, 2011, 02:39:44 AM by Qyasogk »

fodder

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #1547: December 16, 2011, 09:07:05 AM »
is it me... or has unobtanium production at lvl 80 without ms2 been nerfed? i keep looking at a number that predicts production of ~200 the next turn but don't think it ever produced that...
---

cool.. just built a merchant fleet from my oil/food subsidy planet... and it send out food automatically.
---

eh... do bulks bring back food even if it doesn't have to? ie.. is there any point in building bulks from planets that produce lots of food?
« Last Edit: December 16, 2011, 09:16:27 AM by fodder »
firefox

Nathan

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #1548: December 16, 2011, 07:40:26 PM »
I'm back! For a few days, at least. Until I have to go away again for just shy of a week.

Came back and all my planets had under 10mil population, I'm guessing that's just some sort of really long inactivity thing kicking in since I've seen populations fluctuating on inactive planets before.

Added Kagurati to the front page. Welcome to DG! You seem to be rather well isolated there. Your nearest BM ally is Gustav Kuriga (Komurov) to the north-west of you, he's orange-brown. You only have to go through 1 empire (ruff48) to reach him so between you, you could easily bridge the gap between your empires :P

Also, shame on all of you! Nobody has asked Qyasogk if he would be interested in playing War Islands, a turn-based strategy game in which you fight against 2/3 other players to conquer an island by force, having only your strategic knowledge to guide you. Or even asked him if he wants to play Battlemaster, a roleplaying game in which you control the world around you through political intrigue, military force or maybe even the influence of your God. Both of which he would really enjoy, if only anyone would ask him.

EDIT: Also, loving the new fleet changes. I actually built a nice little fleet with SBS in it since they're now fairly cost effective. I could still build a fleet of Cruisers that had more fire-power than the SBS fleet, but it was a much nicer gap now (and they had a lot more defence). Plus, since it would have to be a fleet of Cruisers of a much larger size, I think that when it came to a battle, the SBS would win (over several battles, of course). I realise this is just one observation of a rather large change, but if it's anything to go by I can see these changes really making a difference to how we all wage wars!

EDIT EDIT: <3 the lack of a scout defence. Now that I'm safely able to defend, that is.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2011, 07:45:26 PM by Nathan »

Vellos

• Honourable King
  • Stodgy Old Man in Training
    • View Profile
« Reply #1549: December 16, 2011, 08:23:05 PM »

EDIT: Also, loving the new fleet changes. I actually built a nice little fleet with SBS in it since they're now fairly cost effective. I could still build a fleet of Cruisers that had more fire-power than the SBS fleet, but it was a much nicer gap now (and they had a lot more defence). Plus, since it would have to be a fleet of Cruisers of a much larger size, I think that when it came to a battle, the SBS would win (over several battles, of course). I realise this is just one observation of a rather large change, but if it's anything to go by I can see these changes really making a difference to how we all wage wars!

Indeed, I'm making all my fleets very diverse now. A core of SBS and BS, supported by a large amount of cruisers/destroyers and, depending on the size of the fleet, a supporting element of frigates/subspacers. We'll see how it fares.
"A neutral humanism is either a pedantic artifice or a prologue to the inhuman." - George Steiner

fodder

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #1550: December 16, 2011, 08:58:46 PM »
...damn and i just sent out a few days ago a 170 sbs 80 cru fleet...
firefox

Qyasogk

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #1551: December 16, 2011, 10:20:47 PM »
Added Kagurati to the front page. Welcome to DG! You seem to be rather well isolated there. Your nearest BM ally is Gustav Kuriga (Komurov) to the north-west of you, he's orange-brown. You only have to go through 1 empire (ruff48) to reach him so between you, you could easily bridge the gap between your empires :P

Also, shame on all of you! Nobody has asked Qyasogk if he would be interested...

When I first started lurking here, it seemed like most of you guys were friends and whatnot, so I wasn't sure if it was appropriate for me to put my name forward to be added to your list. So if it is, then you can add me as well.

Thank you for the invite for the other games, I will check them out. Will help distract me from my DG empire a bit, which I have to admit is more than a little addictive! and definitely an exercise in patience!

Dav3xor

• Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #1552: December 17, 2011, 01:07:51 AM »
So, I fixed the slowness issue -- if you already have the game up you'll want to do a reload in the browser.

You can all continue zooming out again.  And thank you for your patience.  :)
--
Dave of Dave's Galaxy

Vellos

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #1553: December 17, 2011, 06:59:22 AM »
When I first started lurking here, it seemed like most of you guys were friends and whatnot, so I wasn't sure if it was appropriate for me to put my name forward to be added to your list. So if it is, then you can add me as well.

Thank you for the invite for the other games, I will check them out. Will help distract me from my DG empire a bit, which I have to admit is more than a little addictive! and definitely an exercise in patience!

Definitely try out BM.

It's a genuinely unique gaming experience.
"A neutral humanism is either a pedantic artifice or a prologue to the inhuman." - George Steiner

LilWolf

• Noble Lord
  • The Vasata Family
    • View Profile
« Reply #1554: December 17, 2011, 08:11:12 PM »
Is it just me or did we have two turns today?

Not that I mind :)
Join us on IRC #battlemaster@QuakeNet
Read about the fantasy stories I'm writing.

fodder

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #1555: December 17, 2011, 08:17:24 PM »
oh... was that why i had some lvl 2 new colonies? XD
firefox

Vellos

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #1556: December 18, 2011, 01:28:41 AM »
Is it just me or did we have two turns today?

Not that I mind :)

It seems to have happened a couple times recently.

I've noticed on several occasions that I have planets growing 2 society levels in one turn, fleets moving shockingly far, ships engaging in combat with no reports, etc.

I've counted three double-turns thus far. Didn't bother reporting because it didn't seem to matter much, and I don't object to the game speeding up a bit.

Kai

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #1557: December 18, 2011, 07:30:23 AM »
wtb: filter planet by steel stockpile

Gustav Kuriga

« Reply #1558: December 19, 2011, 12:21:57 AM »
Dear lord! Watch out for amazoneon in the next few weaks, he's going to increase in size about 10 fold soon.

Vellos

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #1559: December 19, 2011, 02:31:52 AM »
Dear lord! Watch out for amazoneon in the next few weaks, he's going to increase in size about 10 fold soon.

How do you know?