Author Topic: Dave's Galaxy  (Read 545415 times)

De-Legro

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
Re: Dave's Galaxy
« Reply #1560: December 19, 2011, 02:58:03 AM »
How do you know?

Probably spotted a ARC storm

In other news, due to other commitments, I'm not going to be playing my Masdus account any further. I  might set up a new account and work on playing a nice small empire, or I might not. but what this all means to you guys is FREE PLANETS. I will be logging in every now and then to try and prevent Oldry from taking my planets, but if anyone wants to claim some of my empire let me know and I will move the defences.

Some other things that people might have missed

Dach who is near my southern borders is inactive, I have been taking his planets
Baz, who is also on my southern border is inactive, but I haven't been taking his planets
Uranus, who is everywhere, is inactive, I have been taking his planets
Flyingmana, seems to have gotten bored since our war ended, and is inactive, I've not started my attack on him just yet

So that is more then 4000 planets up for grabs guys, go to it.

Previously of the De-Legro Family
Now of representation unknown.

fodder

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #1561: December 19, 2011, 07:00:15 AM »
eh.. isn't he our chum? am that is.. XD
firefox

Gustav Kuriga

« Reply #1562: December 19, 2011, 07:17:45 AM »
Yeah, I'm his ally. Lucky me. ^_^

Anyways, my fleets have gotten massive, averaging 50 SB's per fleet now.

Tom

• BM Dev Team
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
    • BattleMaster
« Reply #1563: December 19, 2011, 10:20:44 AM »
but if anyone wants to claim some of my empire let me know and I will move the defences.

As you're right next to me, I might take a few, but I've reached the size I am comfortable with. Much larger and I fear the game is going to be more work than it's worth to me.

De-Legro

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #1564: December 19, 2011, 11:17:32 AM »
As you're right next to me, I might take a few, but I've reached the size I am comfortable with. Much larger and I fear the game is going to be more work than it's worth to me.

That is the point I reached. When I discovered the only thing I do every turn is go through the planet list looking for planets that have hit some magic number for the next level of upgrades and moving my conquering fleets I felt it was time to give it up.

fodder

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #1565: December 19, 2011, 11:19:57 AM »
... would be funny if there's a "declare war on the whole galaxy" button.. as opposed to just declare war against close neighbours

then go inactive after building pd on every planet..
firefox

Tom

• BM Dev Team
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
    • BattleMaster
« Reply #1566: December 19, 2011, 12:09:23 PM »
... would be funny if there's a "declare war on the whole galaxy" button.. as opposed to just declare war against close neighbours

then go inactive after building pd on every planet..

Sounds like a plan. Though I have about a hundred fresh colonies, so it'll be two months or so until I can do it.

Hmm... PD on EVERY planet...

fodder

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #1567: December 19, 2011, 02:48:08 PM »
here's another thought.. surround dave and do that.
firefox

De-Legro

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #1568: December 20, 2011, 01:40:06 AM »
Maybe I will declare war on someone and go out in a blaze of glory. Still got a few things I want to sort out in game at this stage, but a war with Hierulf might be fun. So plan right now, build some 500 PD systems. Colonising past what I already have moving out is unlikely, though I do still have some 500 odd arc fleets running around somewhere. Only problem I am likely to have is a cash flow, once you have built every war based upgrade on a planet, the income isn't great. I might need to look at Regional Governments again.

So if you already started sending fleets at me (not that anyone bothered to send a message) I would turn back now.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2011, 01:58:46 AM by De-Legro »

Tom

• BM Dev Team
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
    • BattleMaster
« Reply #1569: December 20, 2011, 01:54:34 AM »
Build a massively massive fleet over the course of a month or so and send it to Dave's capital planet...

De-Legro

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #1570: December 20, 2011, 02:05:05 AM »
Build a massively massive fleet over the course of a month or so and send it to Dave's capital planet...

I like it, better yet get to 2000 planets, and create a fleet from each one. mmmmmmmmmm now who to take another 800 planets from?

De-Legro

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #1571: December 20, 2011, 03:42:54 AM »
Okay, just went through all 24 pages of planets that represent the planets in my empire that have achieved "State" and started them building PD. Now to find which planets aren't currently supporting a fleet and start the build up.

Also Oldry "found" another of my long range Arc convoys. I would love to know which of my supposed "allies" keep showing him where to position his fleets to just "coincidentally" intersect with Arcs that have been travelling for months.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2011, 04:48:20 AM by De-Legro »

Vellos

• Honourable King
  • Stodgy Old Man in Training
    • View Profile
« Reply #1572: December 20, 2011, 06:02:39 AM »
Okay, just went through all 24 pages of planets that represent the planets in my empire that have achieved "State" and started them building PD. Now to find which planets aren't currently supporting a fleet and start the build up.

Also Oldry "found" another of my long range Arc convoys. I would love to know which of my supposed "allies" keep showing him where to position his fleets to just "coincidentally" intersect with Arcs that have been travelling for months.

He does also have piles of small fleets floating all around our sector of space.
"A neutral humanism is either a pedantic artifice or a prologue to the inhuman." - George Steiner

De-Legro

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #1573: December 20, 2011, 06:08:50 AM »
He does also have piles of small fleets floating all around our sector of space.

This is way way out of our sector, kind of close to his planet that is on the way to the core. I have several routes going that way, and so far he has managed to land his fleet smack on the route each time, and just waits for Arc's to arrive. He also tends to run away as my defence fleets approach.

In other news, I am now the proud owner of another 2000 battleships.

Tom

• BM Dev Team
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
    • BattleMaster
« Reply #1574: December 20, 2011, 09:59:13 AM »
In other news, I am now the proud owner of another 2000 battleships.

Ok, the scale of this game is frightening. And here I was thinking my new fleet of 100 super-battleships was the most impressive thing in the skies in this sector.