Author Topic: Dave's Galaxy  (Read 544976 times)

LilWolf

• Noble Lord
  • The Vasata Family
    • View Profile
Re: Dave's Galaxy
« Reply #1620: December 24, 2011, 08:56:17 PM »
on the other hand, next thing that'll get asked would be build plans for ships, that would be the other half of the "problem"... tons of idle planets with all upgrades built, max resource and sits around.

on that vein, if you have build plans for ships,  (hoard XYZ resource, then build W ships) you'll probably end up being pestered to code pre-set waypoint/destinations...

Meh..all you'd need is a reliable way to transfer resources to a few central planets(trading doesn't seem to cut it). Maybe make it part of the regional governments effect. On top of taxes they take in 50% of all resources produced or some such..or make the amount something the player can set himself. That way you'd be left with a much shorter list of planets you need to check daily, but it would still give smaller empires an advantage since they'd have a much easier time of using every single resource.
Join us on IRC #battlemaster@QuakeNet
Read about the fantasy stories I'm writing.

Vellos

• Honourable King
  • Stodgy Old Man in Training
    • View Profile
« Reply #1621: December 24, 2011, 09:08:48 PM »
Crap -- I really meant the "10 minutes a day!" part of the tagline, but the only way to really force that would be to have strict limits on empire size, etc.  And I really do like the limitless aspect of the game...  It's fun to be able to build as many fleets as you want, etc.

I should add checkboxes for "automatically start these upgrades at society level...", so the larger players don't have to deal with starting the same upgrades on all their planets, etc...  Also better fleet/planet lists, but I'm not sure how efficacious that will be really.  Maybe a search would be better, but a good search practically turns into writing queries -- i.e. "all planets with society level > 10 and mindcontrol not in upgrades and...."  Which doesn't sound like a lot of fun for me, or the player...

Or do what we all suggested a while ago.

Have scaling penalties to productivity/capitulation chances based on empire sizes. Bigger empires have penalties to productivity and capitulation chances, smaller empires have bonuses.
"A neutral humanism is either a pedantic artifice or a prologue to the inhuman." - George Steiner

Dav3xor

• Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #1622: December 24, 2011, 09:13:28 PM »

Have scaling penalties to productivity/capitulation chances based on empire sizes. Bigger empires have penalties to productivity and capitulation chances, smaller empires have bonuses.

Getting there..  I'm working on UI improvement while the last changes I made to game mechanics sort themselves out and I can make adjustments with the next ones.  :)
--
Dave of Dave's Galaxy

Vellos

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #1623: December 24, 2011, 09:36:22 PM »
Meh..all you'd need is a reliable way to transfer resources to a few central planets(trading doesn't seem to cut it). Maybe make it part of the regional governments effect. On top of taxes they take in 50% of all resources produced or some such..or make the amount something the player can set himself. That way you'd be left with a much shorter list of planets you need to check daily, but it would still give smaller empires an advantage since they'd have a much easier time of using every single resource.

Indeed; having more flexible regional government would be very nice.
"A neutral humanism is either a pedantic artifice or a prologue to the inhuman." - George Steiner

Kai

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #1624: December 25, 2011, 02:15:34 AM »
You're currently ranked #2 for BM players in the game... what does that say about you? :P

I have no life.

Stop repeating your own suggestions and putting 'we all' as if everyone in the entire galaxy agreed.
« Last Edit: December 25, 2011, 09:52:40 AM by Kai »

Vellos

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #1625: December 26, 2011, 08:47:19 PM »
Repetition gets attention. See? It got yours!

Kai

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #1626: December 27, 2011, 04:24:56 PM »
Merry Christmas Oldry,

you get:
700 destroyers
1900 subspacers
100 superbattleships
200 battleships

good luck

Tom

• BM Dev Team
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
    • BattleMaster
« Reply #1627: December 27, 2011, 07:44:05 PM »
Hehe, he's also got several hundred cruisers from me inbound, and a hundred or so superbattleships plus assorted small crafts.

And I think he's lost a lot of planets over the past days.

De-Legro

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #1628: December 27, 2011, 11:50:39 PM »
Hehe, he's also got several hundred cruisers from me inbound, and a hundred or so superbattleships plus assorted small crafts.

I've got a few hundred Battleships moving in on one of his planets as well, but I'm not sure I want it, probably better if Vellos gets the planet. Maybe I will donate it to him once Oldry is out of the way.
Previously of the De-Legro Family
Now of representation unknown.

Gustav Kuriga

« Reply #1629: December 28, 2011, 09:46:20 AM »
I've got well over 200 SB's.

Gustav Kuriga

« Reply #1630: December 28, 2011, 09:46:36 AM »
all attacking uranus.

Nathan

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #1631: December 28, 2011, 01:30:49 PM »

I hope we're all remembering his colonies up at 1583.8,1555.0? I think by the time any of us can properly get there (I have a fairly useless colony a short distance away) he'll be very solidly entrenched.

Tom

• BM Dev Team
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
    • BattleMaster
« Reply #1632: December 28, 2011, 04:59:51 PM »
I hope we're all remembering his colonies up at 1583.8,1555.0? I think by the time any of us can properly get there (I have a fairly useless colony a short distance away) he'll be very solidly entrenched.

I'm not really worried about wiping him out, I'm worried about getting him away from my small empire, because he's trouble.

Vellos

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #1633: December 31, 2011, 06:15:06 PM »
Dunno if anyone knew this already but, in my attack on Oldry, I can confirm that PD can be used to attack fleets directly in orbit around an enemy planet. That is, planetary defense can attack.

LilWolf

• Noble Lord
  • The Vasata Family
    • View Profile
« Reply #1634: December 31, 2011, 08:15:08 PM »
Dunno if anyone knew this already but, in my attack on Oldry, I can confirm that PD can be used to attack fleets directly in orbit around an enemy planet. That is, planetary defense can attack.

Isn't that fairly evident from the PD description?

Anyway, glad I've started putting them up seeing as it's becoming more and more evident De-Legro and I will end up butting heads over an ally of mine..
Join us on IRC #battlemaster@QuakeNet
Read about the fantasy stories I'm writing.