Author Topic: Dave's Galaxy  (Read 545450 times)

fodder

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
Re: Dave's Galaxy
« Reply #1665: January 07, 2012, 06:10:18 AM »
thanks!
firefox

De-Legro

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #1666: January 07, 2012, 11:46:15 AM »
You don't need to change the disposition if you're assaulting an enemy planet (I believe this to still be the case. I've honestly not noticed a difference between attack and planetery garrison settings.). I do because I have OCD about it, but not for game mechanics reasons.

Scout mode seems to have some weird behaviors in terms of planetary attacks and even attacking fleets. Which is annoying since scout mode is the default for any fleet that contains blackbirds.
Previously of the De-Legro Family
Now of representation unknown.

LilWolf

• Noble Lord
  • The Vasata Family
    • View Profile
« Reply #1667: January 07, 2012, 04:46:42 PM »
Is it just me or did the turn not run properly today? I got the turn report, but it looks like none of my fleets have moved or planets produced resources.
Join us on IRC #battlemaster@QuakeNet
Read about the fantasy stories I'm writing.

fodder

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #1668: January 07, 2012, 05:00:45 PM »
it;s showing 1/2 hr screen atm...
---
so i left it as planetary def....

and i think that fleet went off planet to kill some merchies? and then set course back to that planet.

i've now changed all the atk fleets to "attack"
« Last Edit: January 08, 2012, 09:48:07 AM by fodder »
firefox

Galle

• Freeman
    • View Profile
« Reply #1669: January 08, 2012, 04:21:27 PM »
I just realised that my massive neighbour MonteDrago has not logged in since Christmas Eve. Has anyone been in contact with him and know if he has quit?

fodder

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #1670: January 08, 2012, 08:23:50 PM »
so i captured a planet... and a look at its budget screen says..

Debits:
                Long Range Sensors 1   -80
                Fleet Upkeep  250

eh... what fleet upkeep? did i just get extra merchants to go with the McPlanets? or will it drop to the normal 0 the next turn?
firefox

Gustav Kuriga

« Reply #1671: January 09, 2012, 03:56:13 AM »
It's a known issue in which you inherit your predecessor's fleet upkeep. Try not to worry about it too much. You at least got one in the positive. I have several with thousands in debt... v_v

Sacha

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #1672: January 11, 2012, 01:04:01 AM »
Looks like Xolotl went inactive right near my empire's center... I think I'll snatch up his planets >_>

De-Legro

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #1673: January 11, 2012, 11:36:53 AM »
So my ally Baz seems to have got himself into a problem. Just before christmas he was testing my new fleet movement scripts. Suffice to say they didn't work all that well, and he ended up with fleets that were supposed to capture a inactive planet, instead orbiting a neighbour. He was made aware of the problem, but left on his christmas break before he had the time to move the fleets. When he came back several days later, the nieghbour had declared war and activated his PD to decimate some rather expensive fleets. Baz mobilised, the neighbour sued for peace instantly. Baz decided he wanted some pay back, so the other player has apparently recruited about 7 players to attack Baz. Long story short seems it was lucky I had one of my armadas in the area, though I am hoping that the allies will back off. Baz and his enemy seem to be similar sized so it would be a fair fight.

Kai

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #1674: January 11, 2012, 01:44:48 PM »
just let them fight its entertaining

Qyasogk

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #1675: January 12, 2012, 01:09:17 AM »
Baz decided he wanted some pay back, so the other player has apparently recruited about 7 players to attack Baz.

The bear pokes his paw into the beehive for some honey, and is attacked by buzzing swarms from all directions.

Gustav Kuriga

« Reply #1676: January 12, 2012, 03:16:04 AM »
I'll be backing baz if he needs any help, De-Legro, though I'm already involved in a war with someone my size, so that may be a bit troublesome...

De-Legro

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #1677: January 12, 2012, 03:23:03 AM »
I'll be backing baz if he needs any help, De-Legro, though I'm already involved in a war with someone my size, so that may be a bit troublesome...

So far the "allies" are mysterious. I see IceHouse sending fleets, but I can't see anything else. Could be they are still sending fleets into the area, could be they don't exist I'm not really sure.

Dav3xor

• Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #1678: January 12, 2012, 05:23:02 PM »
So far the "allies" are mysterious. I see IceHouse sending fleets, but I can't see anything else. Could be they are still sending fleets into the area, could be they don't exist I'm not really sure.

This sounds like a lovely little war, if people are interested in sending me screenshots, I'll keep them around for my collection (and maybe post them in a month or two, with permission.)  I'd like to build a museum or something for the game eventually...

--
Dave of Dave's Galaxy

fodder

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #1679: January 12, 2012, 05:44:17 PM »
lol.. i think whilst my 200 ships (sbs/cru) are playing yoyo around a planet (occasionally blasting them), someone popped in and took it with 10 cruiser (not actually sure about numbers) XD
firefox