Author Topic: Dave's Galaxy  (Read 544984 times)

Kai

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
Re: Dave's Galaxy
« Reply #1710: January 18, 2012, 03:18:26 AM »
i have this route to a planet but all the ships end up 'behind' the planet

De-Legro

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #1711: January 18, 2012, 03:26:19 AM »
i have this route to a planet but all the ships end up 'behind' the planet

This happens to me al ot with routes. Thank god I can at least find the ships now with the nearby fleets function.
Previously of the De-Legro Family
Now of representation unknown.

Kai

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #1712: January 18, 2012, 05:51:01 AM »
who is this valakun dude cause im going to kill him

De-Legro

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #1713: January 18, 2012, 05:53:31 AM »

He is an ally of Vellos's I believe. He has been helping Vellos fight Oldry for a considerable period of time.

Kai

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #1714: January 18, 2012, 10:30:23 AM »
lol they haven't been fighting oldry at all until the PD change after which is trivial

De-Legro

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #1715: January 18, 2012, 11:50:24 AM »
lol they haven't been fighting oldry at all until the PD change after which is trivial

I've seen them both be active fighting Oldry near me well before the PD change. They were on the defensive in those situations, but still fighting and working to contain Oldry within his PD spheres. I have no idea why you seem feel the need berate the play style of everyone else who plays this game, but it grows tiring.

Vellos

• Honourable King
  • Stodgy Old Man in Training
    • View Profile
« Reply #1716: January 19, 2012, 04:02:49 AM »

Indeed, Valakun is my ally. I'd rather you didn't kill him, all else being equal.
"A neutral humanism is either a pedantic artifice or a prologue to the inhuman." - George Steiner

Tom

• BM Dev Team
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
    • BattleMaster
« Reply #1717: January 21, 2012, 08:12:46 PM »
My reliance on trade is starting to pay off. I am now making incredible amounts of money, and I rise about 1 spot on the leaderboard per day.

On the downside, some big empire has discovered the colony cluster I started a long way from home and is moving in. The colonies are still too weak to defend themselves, and support from home is out of the question - it would take weeks before it arrives.

fodder

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #1718: January 21, 2012, 08:38:00 PM »
too low lvl for pd?
firefox

Sacha

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #1719: January 21, 2012, 10:35:55 PM »
I've never relied on trade, and I think I make something of 100-150 million quatloos profit every day (and that figure rises every day) though I'd have to check to get an accurate number... All through aggressive and opportunistic expansion. I've gobbled up so many abandoned newbie home worlds and conquered my allies when they went inactive that I've now got at least 300 planets with a budget surplus of over 350k daily, and I just received word that two more of my neighbors went inactive... and I counted several planets with treasuries of over 100 million each. I've been in the top 10 richest players for 2 months now, and all that with barely a trade fleet worth mentioning :)

fodder

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #1720: January 21, 2012, 10:59:55 PM »
.... how the hell did i get to 12 in most money.... or 28 in pop? ... from not fighting? XD
firefox

Vellos

• Honourable King
  • Stodgy Old Man in Training
    • View Profile
« Reply #1721: January 22, 2012, 01:41:27 AM »
I've never relied on trade, and I think I make something of 100-150 million quatloos profit every day (and that figure rises every day) though I'd have to check to get an accurate number... All through aggressive and opportunistic expansion. I've gobbled up so many abandoned newbie home worlds and conquered my allies when they went inactive that I've now got at least 300 planets with a budget surplus of over 350k daily, and I just received word that two more of my neighbors went inactive... and I counted several planets with treasuries of over 100 million each. I've been in the top 10 richest players for 2 months now, and all that with barely a trade fleet worth mentioning :)

Amusingly, some of your activity has begun causing consternation among the allies of my other account. It's a small galaxy, eh?
"A neutral humanism is either a pedantic artifice or a prologue to the inhuman." - George Steiner

Sacha

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #1722: January 22, 2012, 02:17:52 AM »
Tell them to come get some! ;D

De-Legro

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #1723: January 22, 2012, 02:29:04 AM »
Problem I have with trade, it the profit mostly comes from my own planets, so it is no profit at all. I have a few traders to feed those planets that went above 80 ish society level and nothing more. Considering the size of my war fleets, I really have no idea how I managed to get to 3rd in money, most my planets barely have a surplus of 5k.

Tom

• BM Dev Team
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
    • BattleMaster
« Reply #1724: January 22, 2012, 11:29:12 AM »
Size. You have tons and tons of planets and that small surplus adds up.

And yes, I think the fact that I aggressively trade with my neighbours (my average trade fleet is 50 merchantmen) plays a part. Since I have pretty much reached the maximum possible expansion I can get without either a) going to war or b) sendind a colony fleet far, far away, I have to make do with whatever I have.

Since I can't put more time into the game, I've decided that this is the game I'm now trying to play - I want to have an empire with all planets maxed out. Something even a powerful player thinks twice about entering because EVERY planet is inside a dozen overlapping PDs and I can throw up a defensive fleet practically everywhere instead of having to keep them around. With enough resources stockpiled, that should frighten even the big guys. Sure you have 5000 planets and I have 500. But every single one of mine can throw up a 100 superbattleship fleet immediately. Maybe you can also come up with 50,000 SBS - but how long does it take them to reach me?

At least that's the plan. Plan B is to go pirate. Anyone got experience with that? Does it actually generate a profit or does it just destroy enemy ships?