Author Topic: Dave's Galaxy  (Read 544378 times)

fodder

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
Re: Dave's Galaxy
« Reply #1830: February 26, 2012, 07:06:54 PM »
heh... war with dave XD
firefox

Dav3xor

• Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #1831: February 27, 2012, 03:33:47 AM »
heh... war with dave XD

You are entering a world of pain my friend.
--
Dave of Dave's Galaxy

fodder

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #1832: February 27, 2012, 07:03:55 AM »
heh.. you sent ships at my planets.. i merely sent a load out on circular trips (as mostly pirates...) around yours... XD

actually.. i was going to quit. so i killed all my pd (bit of a pain, because i need to look up every planet in case there are some pd still being built) for merc to grab them.. going to take a while...

which is why you can send ships out....
« Last Edit: February 27, 2012, 07:19:43 AM by fodder »
firefox

Tom

• BM Dev Team
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
    • BattleMaster
« Reply #1833: February 27, 2012, 12:29:46 PM »
Everyone gang up on Dave. :-)

Even though I'm not very active right now, only playing half-hearted once a week or so, I'm not going to make it easy for anyone. I'm still going through with my plan of having a PD on every freaking planet I own. And I just sent a couple hundred arcs and cruisers down south to find me a new spot to create a small offspring empire that is fun again. Will take a few months to arrive, though.

Oh, and that guy who thought he could conquer my remote colonies with a couple ships per planet? Time to give him a fight.

But still, this game desperately needs automation for massive empires.

De-Legro

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #1834: February 27, 2012, 12:58:50 PM »
Everyone gang up on Dave. :-)

Even though I'm not very active right now, only playing half-hearted once a week or so, I'm not going to make it easy for anyone. I'm still going through with my plan of having a PD on every freaking planet I own. And I just sent a couple hundred arcs and cruisers down south to find me a new spot to create a small offspring empire that is fun again. Will take a few months to arrive, though.

Oh, and that guy who thought he could conquer my remote colonies with a couple ships per planet? Time to give him a fight.

But still, this game desperately needs automation for massive empires.

Name and shame him. After all he might be near one of MY colonies, and I'm always looking to expand. Chasing Oldry around the map isn't that entertaining, but I've just destroyed two more of his cores, moving on a third and starting to look at his new holdings over in the east. I can't understand how I've had the time to move all my ships from that big joint assault effort and take on several of his cores while there are still planets left under his control in those cores nearest us.
Previously of the De-Legro Family
Now of representation unknown.

Adriddae

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #1835: February 27, 2012, 05:06:06 PM »
Oldry, the menace of the stars!

fodder

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #1836: February 27, 2012, 07:34:49 PM »
Piracy - Fleet # 122084(pirate) The other fleet is not a pushover...
Fleet: Fleet #96193, 10 bulkfreighters (96193) Battle! -- Menacing jestures were made, but no damage was done.

lmfao (think that's with 1 subspacer.. .lost a bunch of loose subspacers with nothing better to do with that way)

Piracy - Fleet # 83665(pirate) Prey dropped cargo, retrieved.

Piracy - Fleet # 151487(pirate) Prey escaped.

Piracy - Fleet # 146080(pirate) They see us and are attacking.
Fleet: Fleet #146080, 1 subspacer (146080) Battle! --
   They Lost               scouts -- 1

Piracy - Fleet # 83663(pirate) Prey surrendered.

only thing is... did piracy only start doing something once i declared war?! don't remember seeing them do much before today..
« Last Edit: February 27, 2012, 07:39:43 PM by fodder »
firefox

LilWolf

• Noble Lord
  • The Vasata Family
    • View Profile
« Reply #1837: February 27, 2012, 07:45:52 PM »

only thing is... did piracy only start doing something once i declared war?! don't remember seeing them do much before today..

Worked fine for me against Hierulf before I declared war on him.
Join us on IRC #battlemaster@QuakeNet
Read about the fantasy stories I'm writing.

Dav3xor

• Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #1838: February 27, 2012, 11:38:10 PM »
heh.. you sent ships at my planets.. i merely sent a load out on circular trips (as mostly pirates...) around yours... XD

actually.. i was going to quit. so i killed all my pd (bit of a pain, because i need to look up every planet in case there are some pd still being built) for merc to grab them.. going to take a while...

which is why you can send ships out....

Haha, you were the one who declared war -- isn't next week fleet week?  I was just visiting..  Plus, I have these charred remains of a radio station on our mutual border -- clearly sabotage.
--
Dave of Dave's Galaxy

fodder

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #1839: February 28, 2012, 06:42:29 AM »
just noticed this one XD

Piracy - Fleet # 233091(pirate) They see us and are attacking.
Fleet: Fleet #233091, 1900 subspacers (233091) Battle! --
   They Lost             cruisers -- 212
   We Lost             subspacers -- 540

roughly lost 1/3 each?

---
also just noticed. a subspacer on piracy grabbed a blackbird?!
« Last Edit: February 28, 2012, 06:44:17 AM by fodder »
firefox

Tom

• BM Dev Team
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
    • BattleMaster
« Reply #1840: February 28, 2012, 10:23:54 AM »
Name and shame him. After all he might be near one of MY colonies, and I'm always looking to expand.

Darth_Law

Let me know if he's in reach. I'd love to send him a message telling him he's made the wrong enemies...

De-Legro

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #1841: February 28, 2012, 11:19:50 AM »
Darth_Law

Let me know if he's in reach. I'd love to send him a message telling him he's made the wrong enemies...

Oh, I'm kind of close to the guy, he has never been much of a problem. He is closest to my Core Colonies. I'll check out his defenses, I think I've got a few attack fleets somewhere nearby.

Update

My only fleets near him are unfortunately occupied, but the majority of his planets have no PD coverage. It would probably take me a month or so to get a proper force over there.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2012, 11:25:47 AM by De-Legro »
Previously of the De-Legro Family
Now of representation unknown.

fodder

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #1842: March 02, 2012, 07:32:03 PM »
yay... pds going up on both sides.... XD

guess i'll stick a few more on and then go inactive after those ships all die... heh
firefox

Dav3xor

• Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #1843: March 03, 2012, 08:41:18 PM »
yay... pds going up on both sides.... XD

guess i'll stick a few more on and then go inactive after those ships all die... heh

Hehehehehe, thinking about reducing the effective radius of pd some, maybe to 3 units from 4.  Does seem to be a little egregious.  Thanks for attacking me actually, I haven't been involved in a war in a long time.  :)
--
Dave of Dave's Galaxy

LilWolf

• Noble Lord
  • The Vasata Family
    • View Profile
« Reply #1844: March 03, 2012, 08:52:09 PM »
Hehehehehe, thinking about reducing the effective radius of pd some, maybe to 3 units from 4.  Does seem to be a little egregious.  Thanks for attacking me actually, I haven't been involved in a war in a long time.  :)

I think a better solution would be to make PD planets just not produce much in the way of resources(steel etc.). Maintaining the system can't be cheap and it would mean you have to actually place them strategically or you wouldn't be able to produce much fleets to actually attack someone or even colonize new planets.

So you'd end up with players having to decide between being able to project force and being defensive. Have a PD on every single planet? Well, you won't be producing those superbattleships fleets in any meaningful time frame and your new colonies will be in trouble. So players would need to come up with a balance and maybe we wouldn't end up with players building them on ever planet.

Reducing the area of effect will just make it worse I think. I know I'd have to build more of them.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2012, 08:55:04 PM by LilWolf »
Join us on IRC #battlemaster@QuakeNet
Read about the fantasy stories I'm writing.