Author Topic: Just a little screenshot of a feature in development...  (Read 18073 times)

Bluelake

• BM Dev Team
  • Noble Lord
  • Ta|i - Bluelake Family since 2007
    • View Profile
    • Family Tree
Just a minute...

If the banner paraphernalia isn't meant to be the actual banner flying over the unit, as a gathering point and improving the unit's morale, etc etc etc, why do we still call it "banner" in general?

I don't see why units without banners should have banners (or perhaps they should have the realm's standard banner instead? which doesn't add to morale since all units have the same banner? ah...). Unless it's specified that the paraphernalia banner is actually a banner of the noble leading the unit, and not a realm or army banner. Then maybe that should be said on the paraphernalia banner description somewhere?

Well, I was thinking we'd see banners being purchased because of pride and aestethics (as a good nobleman would). Making people give it some thought instead of having it automatically added to you. Making poor troopleaders unable to identify with the army, or those who want to protest against it too. Something like that.

-----------

On another note, nowadays the banner hidden on the unit name enables people to see the armies on scout reports and region listing (like: fear us, the XYZ Army is all camped here to defend this region). This could be considered for implementation at some point?

Despite my "complaints", I really love this feature. :) Thanks.
Today is Thank Wimpie for Being an Awesome Dev Day. Give Wimpie some gratitude for his constant bugfixing, pestering of admins to get things done, and general Wimpieness.