Author Topic: Religion type  (Read 4553 times)

Nosferatus

• Testers
  • Mighty Duke
  • Too weird to live, too rare to die
    • View Profile
Religion type
« Topic Start: July 26, 2011, 07:14:30 PM »
Based on some discusions on religion i thought about a fact that most mideivil religions would never ingore a diferent faith but rather seek out to convert these people by all means.
Offcourse there where also diferent religions in the east, but they where nothing compared to the major religions of that time and had little direct influence on europe.
Some say we should remove the ingore option and only be able to mark misguide as minimum view.
But shouldn't there be place for pacifist, budhist like religions?

That gave me an idea.
What if you could choose two or more kind of religion types like a goverment type for a realm, giving you some specific bonuses over the other type while also loosing a few.
For example we take two types, A is the secular kind of type B the non secular moneistic kind of religion(i am not sure how we should call the types, so a and b for now)
You would never be able to declare another type as varient .
A types have bonus in calm the populance like options(constructive) and perhaps do not have the option of declaring religions evil.
the B type would have more destructive options and won't be able to just ingore other religions.
They could get bonuses on demoralizing populance and inciting violence, unrest.
Type A could perhaps aquire followers more easy threw preaching then B, who could get a bonus on there temple conversion rate or the other way around.(allthough this has some balancing issues)

It's not really comlicated i believe and probably create more friction between relgions and above all make them more diferent and the b types more medieval ;)

It also restricts using religion as only a startegic tool to a small extend.
If you want to be agresive and damging your enemy threw faith, you can but you can't as efectivley  preach for peace at the same time.

and now this smilly, just because it looks cool:  :o

Formerly playing the Nosferatus and Bhrantan Family.
Currently playing the Polytus Family in: Gotland, Madina, Astrum, Outer Tilog